Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranged PvP class?

adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Hey All,

I usually play a melee toon but i have this boost to 90 just sitting there and was thinking it might be fun to use it and have a caster.  Of course i wont have a clue how to play him but i can learn.  Its going to be pretty much just a PvP toon fyi

Im leaning to mage, any thoughts?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Comments

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

I rather u play a hunter... Played so many arenas/skirmish.. Casters isnt really in a good position now.. They need teamates that could peel for them so they can do some damage.... Good luck casting anything other than nova or icelance when there are 2 melees beating down your ass lol...

If you can't focus counterspell, dont know how to juke a cast, never bother to poly dps/healers, stay away from mages, you are not going to perform.. for all the crying i heard that mages are op bla bla bla, they have one of the highest skillcaps next to rogues/monks.

In addition, you'll have a hard time getting trained by rogues/ferals/hunters.

TLDR: You can't go wrong with hunters, they melt faces.

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Yes don't play a mage hunters level faster than any class in game they 1 shot every mob , i just started playing one myself and wow no downtime as MM BOOM dead rinse and repeat.

Hell my pet does not even get to hit the mob 99% of the time crits are usually 2x hit points of normal mobs mow through them like a hot knife through butter.

Also they rule the low level bg pvp as most times they one shot players and 2 shot well geared players.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Thanks for the info!

I have a hunter at 90 currently but though i had full purple pvp gear i wasnt super impressed.  I use to love him before they removed the survival branch.  After the change i went to marksman? and couldnt kill shit.  That all might have changed i guess.  Perhaps i should lvl him up. 

Thanks!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington