Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Stephen Hawking the next Albert Einstein? Why or why not?

What do you think? Share your thoughts. 

Comments

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

No, not even close. Albert Einstein would have had a reasonable and more logical explanation for the fine tuned universe than "10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 multiverses", which makes no sense.

E = mc2

Is one of the most important papers written in the world.

But scientists said this on the other hand, was riddled with errors and contradictions:

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Design-Stephen-Hawking/dp/055338466X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1414657336&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Grand+Design

[mod edit]

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

No.

I mean what new fundamental discoveries has he made ?  Einstein described the photoelectric effect and showed that gravity warps space amomg other things.  Issac Newton also contributed more to knowledge than Hawking ever will.

• James0026James0026 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by kb4blu

No.

I mean what new fundamental discoveries has he made ?  Einstein described the photoelectric effect and showed that gravity warps space amomg other things.  Issac Newton also contributed more to knowledge than Hawking ever will.

I agree with you. His research about black holes is a CRAP! For the rest of his entire life, he made a research about the things which do not exist.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Considering Stephen Hawking took many ideas that have already been around for over 2 decades.   Then claimed those same ideas as his own.  I THINK NOT!  Unlike Hawking, Einsteins theories were his and his alone. Not borrowed from others.

Theory of Relativity, Theory of Special Relativity,  Theory of Gravity(Which greatly differs from Newtons version),  are all Einstiens works, which is his only!  This is regardless if Einstien is right or wrong.

Hawking is more of a mouthpiece than a actual genius.  In fact if it was not for Hawkings borrowed,  distorted views of both religion and science..   His works would be menial at best.  He is the same as a over-hyped climate scientist.

He is not even in the same caliber as Einstien.   Nor shall he ever be!

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

He's just another clown with an opinion.  I hate to say it but I have better ones than him !

Also he is completely undeserving of the fame they give him.

unrelated, but screw space, we have our own problems here on earth, they should stop funding this crap.

- Nothing worth it on Mars.

- Black holes are way to powerful for us to have any use for them.

- Tax $ are paying for space stations that are not in the publics interest.

- Solar systems and Dark Matter study only makes for interesting TV shows on the History Chanel.

• DetectiveChatDetectiveChat Member Posts: 29

I think that, similarly to how we view Turing and Galileo as geniuses, at the time many chose to ignore those facts for numerous reasons. 

I honestly don't think we can view his work for humanity until we have a retrospective view of him and his effect on the world. 

Got milk?

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Stephen Hawking like Michio Kaku are nothing more than overhyped media figures.

Physicists like Steven Weinberg and Ed Witten are today's Einsteins.

• DetectiveChatDetectiveChat Member Posts: 29
    I think they're both incredibly intelligent people and important in communicating science to a broader audience but of course there are many who go unnoticed because they're so focused on a specific field and not looking to shout it from the rooftops.

Got milk?

• VolnusVolnus Member UncommonPosts: 40

I do agree that Michio Kaku and Hawking are extremely focused on by the media. However, they have both made their contributions. 

Anyone who tries to argue that Hawking radiation was not a beautifully constructed theory is not looking at it correctly. Without it, the chances of CERN being allowed to use their atom smasher would have been much lower. 

Because they theorized that during the point of impact the particles would create a miniature black hole. Hawking radiations tells us that such as small black hole would not be able to sustain its self and thus disappear. But without that theory I am sure that telling the people "we are going to make miniature black holes and we are not sure what is going to happen but lets hope for the best" is not a good idea. 

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    kb4blu said:

No.

I agree
    simple... No
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    NO!!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"