Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time to hype this game

Comments

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Might actually be the most prommising game under development right now...  The combo system and the class system just sound to sweet

atm i am looking for blackdesert online, and i am so close to get a vpn service in order to play the title at Korea.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    How is Skyforge any different from RaiderZ from PWI? That game had pretty decent combat but was otherwise low quality and not at all interesting to play for more than 10 mins. Maybe this will be better, but I'm skeptical.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by collekt
    Originally posted by Sector13
    Agreed, looks like every other crappy f2p game

Which are still better then any recently released P2P. 

More like equally as bad, in my opinion, but at least P2P games don't shove cash shops in my face. I can't stand that nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, I guess. 

Not nearly as bad as asking for money before you even can play the game for 1 second.

At least with F2P you can try and say - well that sucked but no money wasted.

P2P though.... you don't even know if the game will run on your system OK and you have to pay upfront.

This is precisely what's wrong with the gaming community these days. All you kids have it in your head that companies should spend time and resources to create a product, and then just give it to you for free with the option to pay if you feel like it. Do other industries spend money to develop products and then just hand them over for nothing? Do your research and decide if you want to buy a game or not, and check the system requirements to see if you can run it. That's how it used to be before all this toxic free to play nonsense ruined the market.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

More like equally as bad, in my opinion, but at least P2P games don't shove cash shops in my face. I can't stand that nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, I guess. 

Not nearly as bad as asking for money before you even can play the game for 1 second.

P2P though.... you don't even know if the game will run on your system OK and you have to pay upfront.

This is precisely what's wrong with the gaming community these days. All you kids have it in your head that companies should spend time and resources to create a product, and then just give it to you for free with the option to pay if you feel like it. Do other industries spend money to develop products and then just hand them over for nothing? Do your research and decide if you want to buy a game or not, and check the system requirements to see if you can run it. That's how it used to be before all this toxic free to play nonsense ruined the market.

WoW ruined the market, not F2Ps. 

I can test drive a car before I buy it. I can get free samples of food products at the grocery before I buy them. Plenty of video games have demos or trials which is something P2P MMOs are lacking nowadays. So. yeah. 

It's this weird mentality that people on this site seem to share that F2P, which gives you more options then P2Ps on how you spend your money, is a bad thing. It might be a more accepted argument if the people who spouted anti-F2P didn't use the same tired rhetoric from YEARS ago. Times have changed, there have been plenty of good F2Ps in quality of the game itself and the cash shops. P2P publishers don't treat their games any better then F2P ones do anymore. You blame a business model for what a company does, not the same thing. A bad/greedy company will be bad/greedy no matter what model they use. if you got a problem with this "toxic" market, then feel free to go play Skyrim or Dragon Age. 

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328

I can test drive a car before I buy it. I can get free samples of food products at the grocery before I buy them. Plenty of video games have demos or trials which is something P2P MMOs are lacking nowadays. So. yeah. 

It's this weird mentality that people on this site seem to share that F2P, which gives you more options then P2Ps on how you spend your money, is a bad thing. It might be a more accepted argument if the people who spouted anti-F2P didn't use the same tired rhetoric from YEARS ago. Times have changed, there have been plenty of good F2Ps in quality of the game itself and the cash shops. P2P publishers don't treat their games any better then F2P ones do anymore. You blame a business model for what a company does, not the same thing. A bad/greedy company will be bad/greedy no matter what model they use. if you got a problem with this "toxic" market, then feel free to go play Skyrim or Dragon Age. 

I have a problem with a subsection of the market dominated by kids with no job who ultimately get mommy's credit card to hit up the cash shop. WoW ruined the market why? Because it's dominant and every other company tries to copy their game? You can hardly blame that on them. I've never once played a F2P game that I thought was good, but maybe I just have higher standards or something. Can you name some of the F2P games you're referencing?

Also, BIG difference in having a trial and being a F2P game. Trials are probably not a bad idea, but it's easy to research a game and make an educated decision. Especially in this day with YouTube and what not. Most games have reviews up before they even release. Don't be a lazy PoS. Don't even get me started on how F2P draws in the cheaters/spammers/gold sellers, etc.

P.S. I'd argue you're the one with a weird mentality if you fail to see how toxic and garbage F2P is.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

I have a problem with a subsection of the market dominated by kids with no job who ultimately get mommy's credit card to hit up the cash shop. WoW ruined the market why? Because it's dominant and every other company tries to copy their game? You can hardly blame that on them. I've never once played a F2P game that I thought was good, but maybe I just have higher standards or something. Can you name some of the F2P games you're referencing?

Also, BIG difference in having a trial and being a F2P game. Trials are probably not a bad idea, but it's easy to research a game and make an educated decision. Especially in this day with YouTube and what not. Most games have reviews up before they even release. Don't be a lazy PoS. Don't even get me started on how F2P draws in the cheaters/spammers/gold sellers, etc.

The only good F2P game I ever liked is path of exile, the others I like started as p2p games.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    O

I can't think of an MMORPG I didn't try before I bought or didn't buy..

As for your examples, they're out of place... Very few foods offer a sample before you buy, those samples are mostly made at the store itself. Cars cost thousands of dollars, of course they allow a test drive before you put that kind of money down. Most games do not have trials or demos...

You accuse others of blindly blaming a business model for the state of a genre, yet you blame one game for the state of an entire genre? You don't see what is wrong with that?

You seem very out of touch with your arguments here... next time just say you like F2P... because you're horrible at giving reasons on why it's a good thing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Originally posted by Distopia
    O

I can't think of an MMORPG I didn't try before I bought or didn't buy..

As for your examples, they're out of place... Very few foods offer a sample before you buy, those samples are mostly made at the store itself. Cars cost thousands of dollars, of course they allow a test drive before you put that kind of money down. Most games do not have trials or demos...

You accuse others of blindly blaming a business model for the state of a genre, yet you blame one game for the state of an entire genre? You don't see what is wrong with that?

You seem very out of touch with your arguments here... next time just say you like F2P... because you're horrible at giving reasons on why it's a good thing.

The better response is, I don't mind F2Ps and I find people that do to have issues. I don't really care if you like or hate my examples cause I am pretty sure any example I could have given could be thrown away considering there is no evidence or anything being presented. My local market offers monthly food sampling days of many different foods, cost of a item doesn't change that you can still test something, and plenty of games have trials and demos.

If you say you tried all MMOs before you bought, and claim that most games don't have trials or demos then how did you play them? You either didn't buy many of them, beta tested a bunch of them or broke TOS and played someone elses account.  Doesn't matter either way since even if you did break TOS for ever MMO you played, you could always just lie, that's what the internet does after all.

I don't really see how you compare my opinion of how people act towards something to what I believe was the cause of something else.  The giant success of WoW is what lead the move for more F2P MMOs, which is what the earlier poster considered what has intoxicated the market, that doesn't have any correlation to how people act towards the business model acting as though every game uses the same exact in game items to make money. So, no, don't see what's wrong with it. 

Sorry if my argument wasn't up to your standards, it's not like it matters, MMORPG.com has always favored P2P MMOs and I doubt that will change anytime soon. It has gotten old to hear the same stupid points over and over like every F2P MMO is the same. It's not my problem if you want to waste your money because you believe something is higher quality. Just like people who buy Alienware computers, you just paying for dressing.

I prefer to have options on how I spend my money, if you prefer to leave a monthly flat payment and still have cash shops to deal with then that's fine but I would prefer those that do don't waste there time constantly going on about how bad F2P is when they are spending $80+ on the collectors edition for the game, $15 a month, $20 on cash shop mounts and $25+ on faction and realm changes, yeah ... F2Ps are such a rip off ... 

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

No need to hype it.

Lets wait for it to be  released. Than we see if its any good

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I prefer to have options on how I spend my money, if you prefer to leave a monthly flat payment and still have cash shops to deal with then that's fine but I would prefer those that do don't waste there time constantly going on about how bad F2P is when they are spending $80+ on the collectors edition for the game, $15 a month, $20 on cash shop mounts and $25+ on faction and realm changes, yeah ... F2Ps are such a rip off ... 

When I use to play wow, many guild member race change and look change every other day, there was one he spend about 1000+ on wow it self per month, as he don't like how the look of the face or how this race look like in this armor. I spend over +200 just transferring my alts over to my new server at one year as level new one was a pain to do.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Found this game completely boring, to each his own.

In the end; Don't believe the hype (if there is any).

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Just another themepark mmo where credit cards and wallet warriors win.

Do i miss the days were my subscription was enough to get everything out of the game....

• toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80

I don't wish to get in a lengthy discussion as this site has, sadly, proven its self to be quite volatile for anything that specific doesn't quite enjoy for any reason. However I'd like to point out for clarity sake that the above poster is..well...wrong, simply.

Based on what we know, the game definitely starts as a theme park-esque experience for a little bit (unknown how long, exactly). However that's also very common just for games to allow you to get used to the controls, mechanics, etc so forth. "Theme-park" seems to be a new default insult towards a game regardless of its actual content so I can't in good faith fault someone for jumping to that without properly researching the game.

As for cash shop, another jump in judgment the above poster does not know the answer to in any way. In fact it's something just thrown around without any proper research or understanding of the game. Allow me to put an exert from another post of mine where someone asked about the cash shop. The bit from it was a little rough and I never touched it up, so sorry about that.

"Pay to win is something thrown around A LOT and in places where it doesn't really make sense. I understand the concern but this game doesn't appear to really be capable of "P2W"....albeit that's entirely on your point of view of what P2W is.

The most I see out of this game is something similar to "double exp" which is common and I don't consider that paying to win. You're just saving time and that's fine.Even from a PVP point of view, you'll only be matched with people of similar Prestige as you (If you aren't aware; Prestige is your overall progress. You could consider it your level but it's not really...).

Buy weapons? Equipment is roughly 1/3 of your power. Even ignoring if you could buy weapons (typically what people consider pay to win), you can still be evenly matched based on Atlas progression and followers.

Pay for classes? Maybe. Obviously we haven't had hands on or even SEEN all the classes but starting classes are to be as viable as 'advanced' classes. I think this game kind of set its self up to where it could be really difficult for them to actually have it be pay to win. Which is arguably fantastic."

An amendment to that I didn't think of until after the fact; I see buying bag space as a large cash shop item as well. However I can confirm you can buy those slots in game. With no "junk items" I'm not sure how often your bag would actually fill up though.

The overall gist of this is in no way does this game present its self to allow, ahem, "wallet warriors". I don't expect everyone to properly research games before throwing around [Insult] but please do so if you're going to attempt to 'trash' a game. I completely approve of anyone that doesn't think this game is for them as that's OK. You don't need to like every game that comes out but please do fully understand a game before trying to 'put it down'. That or at least wait for things to be released before talking about them like they're out (I.E. Cash shop)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by toastngravy

I don't wish to get in a lengthy discussion as this site has, sadly, proven its self to be quite volatile for anything that specific doesn't quite enjoy for any reason. However I'd like to point out for clarity sake that the above poster is..well...wrong, simply.

Based on what we know, the game definitely starts as a theme park-esque experience for a little bit (unknown how long, exactly). However that's also very common just for games to allow you to get used to the controls, mechanics, etc so forth. "Theme-park" seems to be a new default insult towards a game regardless of its actual content so I can't in good faith fault someone for jumping to that without properly researching the game.

As for cash shop, another jump in judgment the above poster does not know the answer to in any way. In fact it's something just thrown around without any proper research or understanding of the game. Allow me to put an exert from another post of mine where someone asked about the cash shop. The bit from it was a little rough and I never touched it up, so sorry about that.

"Pay to win is something thrown around A LOT and in places where it doesn't really make sense. I understand the concern but this game doesn't appear to really be capable of "P2W"....albeit that's entirely on your point of view of what P2W is.

The most I see out of this game is something similar to "double exp" which is common and I don't consider that paying to win. You're just saving time and that's fine.Even from a PVP point of view, you'll only be matched with people of similar Prestige as you (If you aren't aware; Prestige is your overall progress. You could consider it your level but it's not really...).

Buy weapons? Equipment is roughly 1/3 of your power. Even ignoring if you could buy weapons (typically what people consider pay to win), you can still be evenly matched based on Atlas progression and followers.

Pay for classes? Maybe. Obviously we haven't had hands on or even SEEN all the classes but starting classes are to be as viable as 'advanced' classes. I think this game kind of set its self up to where it could be really difficult for them to actually have it be pay to win. Which is arguably fantastic."

An amendment to that I didn't think of until after the fact; I see buying bag space as a large cash shop item as well. However I can confirm you can buy those slots in game. With no "junk items" I'm not sure how often your bag would actually fill up though.

The overall gist of this is in no way does this game present its self to allow, ahem, "wallet warriors". I don't expect everyone to properly research games before throwing around [Insult] but please do so if you're going to attempt to 'trash' a game. I completely approve of anyone that doesn't think this game is for them as that's OK. You don't need to like every game that comes out but please do fully understand a game before trying to 'put it down'. That or at least wait for things to be released before talking about them like they're out (I.E. Cash shop)

pay to win, obviously Allods has a bad reputation when it comes to this, however i agree with you that there is a big difference between paying for stuff, like paying for extra classes, and faster traditional XP is okay... paying for better gear is a no/no in my book..

However, if it will be possible to gain faith faster/more  trough actions in the shop, where faith is an absolute number influencing the power of your godform, then it is pay to win... Its like buying extra stats, 

We have to see how they wrap this part of the game up, it is certainly one of my worries and even a possible longtime commitment killer....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Kind of tired of all these hype trains that end up in total wreckage. So maybe just hold back a bit? After so many rip offs from different devs (at least for me dev speak equals lying these days) it's maybe time to let them deliver first before making clowns of ourselves once again?

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by Siug

Kind of tired of all these hype trains that end up in total wreckage. So maybe just hold back a bit? After so many rip offs from different devs (at least for me dev speak equals lying these days) it's maybe time to let them deliver first before making clowns of ourselves once again?

No worries. This time they learnt their lesson. In Allods you needed to spent 100 euros per week to stay competitive, now you'll need to pay only 50!

People can have this game a chance, with there bad reputation with allods, people just need to be careful they don't change things to the worst until your way in time and money in the game. Even with there bad reputation they don't have allods on my.com on there web site, maybe hiding it? not sure.

But so far I know we got move from webzen to my.com to be right under the control of allods team, or mail.ru anything happen when I was there, thinking they would fix the problem only end up making more cash shop items that give power and not fix the problem with the gold rate to gems to even have a chance to keep up some what as max out runes are about $30K+ that give you tons of power.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    Originally posted by Siug

No worries. This time they learnt their lesson. In Allods you needed to spent 100 euros per week to stay competitive, now you'll need to pay only 50!

Then it IS the right time to start hype train image

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Are these the same people who did Allods Online or is the name a coincidence well anyway if it is the same they had that awful perfume something that you had to buy in Allods and if you died  you were very badly slowed down unless you had those things. Anyway I will not trust them considering how they tricked people into getting invested in a game then introducing these types of rubbish and wasting my time. My time is very valuable and I despise games that make you have to spend more and more time or pay for advantages. I prefer subbed games where I know the cost upfront.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

Uhhhh...no.  Maybe you don't like to spend money on MMOs, and that's fine.  But don't be disingenuous by claiming it's due to F2P games being better than P2P games.  It's laughably transparent.  

Originally posted by cheyane
    Are these the same people who did Allods Online or is the name a coincidence well anyway if it is the same they had that awful perfume something that you had to buy in Allods and if you died  you were very badly slowed down unless you had those things. Anyway I will not trust them considering how they tricked people into getting invested in a game then introducing these types of rubbish and wasting my time. My time is very valuable and I despise games that make you have to spend more and more time or pay for advantages. I prefer subbed games where I know the cost upfront.

Is the same people working with a other team to make the game, I didn't mind people had advantages when I played allods, most mmo are someone have advantages by how much comes to play, is when try to play the game for fun, the people with the most advantages to money or unfair game play just kills fun it for me when you are a must to pay if want to have any fun no other way around it.

Did try there allods sub server that they have, how there gear system is very much don't spend grinding your way at start to keep up, if your new pretty much forget getting upgrade parts to upgrade your gear in a fun way. As for content much replay event same items on the sub server, not much other to do is grind your way to better gear, if people like D3 they can deal with the grind.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Well, i just realised wo is creating this game    l....its from the same people that created Allodds, and in the end that game was totally pay to win..  and their prices for stuff where much to high....

Personally i think allods was an okay game with terrible customer service and the worst marketing ever.

Lets hope they learned from this

Astrun Nival (the allods team) created Allods. Gpotato published the game, ran the cash shop, ran customer service (i had to talk to them once, made it pay to win, and ran the Customer Service, not Astrum Nival.

Astrun Nival is making Skyforge (i think in partnership with Obsidian), and they have nothing to do with Gpotato and their pay ti win practices.

If Skyforge ends up being P2W that will be both Astrum Nival and Obsidians fault. Again, nothing to do with Gpotato and the pay to win practices put in place for Allods.

EDIT: i believe Nival merged with Mail.Ru which seems to be the reason why it doesnt say Nival but Mail.Ru as being making Skyforge.

EDIT 2: indeed, Nival is owned by Mail.Ru for a while now. Again, nothing to do with Gpotato and Allods p2w management by them.

Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Well, i just realised wo is creating this game    l....its from the same people that created Allodds, and in the end that game was totally pay to win..  and their prices for stuff where much to high....

Personally i think allods was an okay game with terrible customer service and the worst marketing ever.

Lets hope they learned from this

Astrun Nival (the allods team) created Allods. Gpotato published the game, ran the cash shop, ran customer service (i had to talk to them once, made it pay to win, and ran the Customer Service, not Astrum Nival.

Astrun Nival is making Skyforge (i think in partnership with Obsidian), and they have nothing to do with Gpotato and their pay ti win practices.

If Skyforge ends up being P2W that will be both Astrum Nival and Obsidians fault. Again, nothing to do with Gpotato and the pay to win practices put in place for Allods.

The cash shop very much under control by allods team when the server was run by gpotato, coustomer service was run pretty much by gpotato when I played, there was some stuff in the cash shop gpotato had control was very small thing other big items like CC, P5, mounts ect. was run by allod team.

I don't know if Skyforge will go P2W, but if you check out the allods they keep adding items that is pay to keep power, last item be for I quit fully was a month ago, like open a lock box get a part of a item need 100 to make this a weapon buff, if you don't get 100 of the marks with in 30 days there gone no return on your money, unless your lucky getting the item off from the box.

But for that weapon buff you get give you a buff last for 180 days, so have to keep on paying to keep in power.

They have the game now under them for a few months now, but they keep adding stuff we called out gpotato for and they keep on doing it.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    When is this game releasing? Im so board of WoW this game has made it to my radar lol
  • toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    When is this game releasing? Im so board of WoW this game has made it to my radar lol

We have no date for full release outside of "2015".

The CBT, as I'm sure you've seen by this point, is set to begin March 11th.