Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Wildstar is these days?

LutheriusLutherius Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hello guys, im thinking to come back in wildstar after a long time.

I have a 49 warrior exile. 

The game has enough people for dungeons and suck stuff?

Im interesting only for pve.

anyone to know?

thank you!!!!

Comments

• jbriskeyjbriskey Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Crickets and tumbleweeds....
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Lutherius

Hello guys, im thinking to come back in wildstar after a long time.

I have a 49 warrior exile. 

The game has enough people for dungeons and suck stuff?

Im interesting only for pve.

anyone to know?

thank you!!!!

typo or subliminal projection? image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xycronexycrone Member UncommonPosts: 22

I just bought it for $20 on sale. I am currently lvl 15 so I am not sure about the pop but I did get invited to a lvling circle which was pretty big. Circles are a new thing to me. Nice idea/spin on friends list/chat channel combo. 

I will say the game is way more difficult for me than most mmo's. there is a bit of a learning curve but i like it. It's a challenging game with nice content for small groups of 2 or more. Nice to see.

There is some fantasy to it, which is not my thing. I'm allergic to magic; but there is a lot of scifi going on here.

Well windows is done updating so back to lvling. 

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I know not this "learning curve" of which you speak.  I've been playing the game a few days now, since I bought it cheap in a sale, and it felt like I'd been playing this type of game since 2001 because it all seems so familiar.  There's no learning curve at all!  I don't hate the game by any means, but it just feels old, uninspired and bland.  I'll still play until the 30 days runs out, to pass a bit of time, but after that, no.

Originally posted by Dibdabs I know not this "learning curve" of which you speak.  I've been playing the game a few days now, since I bought it cheap in a sale, and it felt like I'd been playing this type of game since 2001 because it all seems so familiar.  There's no learning curve at all!  I don't hate the game by any means, but it just feels old, uninspired and bland.  I'll still play until the 30 days runs out, to pass a bit of time, but after that, no.

The learning curve is in a few spots. I am lvl 38 now and questing is familiar of course but not the dungeons. It is not just a tank and spank type of set up. You will die the first time you go in to the first dungeon. I don't see any way around it. It is simply that hard. Patience and persistence will get you through. You need to learn each boss and and get interrupts timed right in some cases. I know other games have had this in raid content but not in dungeon 1.

To make it worse as an engi tank you don't have all your ability slots open so you have to be aware of the changes you need to make and figure how you will fit the only interrupt you have in those slots and still fit your damage mitigation skills and skills for managing your Volatility points. Plus hope you don't have to fight for agro because someone is mentoring. There is no way your going to fit 2 taunts and an interrupt even if you had them at 20-25. plus if a DPS engi taunts with his bot and u have no taunt, you can forget about getting agro from him.

IMO you don't have enough skill points to build an efficient engi tank at 20-25; and I don't know the game too well but you may find it hard to find gear for the first 2 dungeons like I did.

Then there is the gear rune system which is not that confusing really, it was just hard to find information to confirm what i was seeing.

Once your skills are all open to you and you have decided on a build it is quite fun, but in the beginning there is a curve that u might not be ready for; it will be less difficult if you just DPS but the dungeon experience will catch you by surprise still. You must develop some pretty good skill pretty quick. Healing looks just as challenging.

So that is why I say there is a learning curve. I like it but I wish there was no magic sprinkled in there. I like a pure Sci-Fi. It's more interesting that way.  

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    are those engineer bots still stupidly broken?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    are those engineer bots still stupidly broken?

I don't use them to tank but they seem to work decent as a dps i guess.