Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What FPS games are popular now?

RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

The MMO market is getting stale to me. Been out of the FPS scene for about ten years. I did CS 1.6 back in the day. I dabbled with BF3 a couple years ago. I haven't really heard good things about BF4 and I really don't care for EA.  TF2 is meh to me; to cartoony I think. I guess Titanfall was popular a few months ago; how'bout now? Something with progression is always nice.

Suggestions?

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Try out Quakelive if you like old school shooters. Call of duty and titan fall are both pap, wouldn't bother with them. come to think about it there isn't much fps action about worth playing. Maybe I'm just old and grumpy. :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

nothing really....

Ubisoft killed the Ghost Recon franchise with a piece of crap pay to win PC only game (GR Phantoms).

CS:GO is there for the hardcore shooter dudes

CoD Advanced Warfare is the best CoD since Modern Warfare 1 and its still more of the same

Destiny.... lol

The rest of the shooters out there seem to be also weak lately.

Poor genre :(

If there is anything actually good that i missed then someone will definitely post here, but i doubt anything is that good right now. I will not fall for EA's titanfall, they like to kill servers and waste your money. If at least it had a single player campaign but it doesnt.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Rhevin

The MMO market is getting stale to me. Been out of the FPS scene for about ten years. I did CS 1.6 back in the day. I dabbled with BF3 a couple years ago. I haven't really heard good things about BF4 and I really don't care for EA.  TF2 is meh to me; to cartoony I think. I guess Titanfall was popular a few months ago; how'bout now? Something with progression is always nice.

Suggestions?

FPSMMO  wise Planetside 1 is still out there somewhere, but graphics are outdated and has like maybe a few hundred playing it.

Planetside 2 is about 2 years old or so, up to date graphics and still has a healthy population at all times of the day and night. Logged in this morning (Connery server) and was in a few big 3 way battles of 200+ people.  In January of this year SOE said they had about 6 million players world wide.

And as someone mentioned COD:AW just come out.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

Hm. Thanks for the replies.

World of Warcraft has just become stale. I've tried other MMOs, but none seem to stick. I think I'm just getting burnt out of the entire MMO genre as it is. 

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Try Planetside 2, its free.

Best of both worlds MMO meets FPS

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    Far Cry 4 is really good. Not sure if you are only looking for only multiplayer games or not.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    CoD (take your pick) is still the most popular FPS by far.

Multiplayer is what I'm looking for. Sorry, should have noted that.

COD huh? I thought that was more of an X-box game. Maybe I'll check that out then.

To add, is there progression in COD? Like opening new guns and skills?

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250

Multiplayer is what I'm looking for. Sorry, should have noted that.

COD huh? I thought that was more of an X-box game. Maybe I'll check that out then.

Try out Firefall too then, its free and not too bad.  Call of Duty is pretty big for PC now too. The games get a lot of hate but IMO they are really good. I'm not a big FPS fan, but I still like them.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I think you will really like Destiny. It's a cool Halo style shooter which has some progression built in.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

Go for TPS and play APB:Reloaded. Insane customization options. Running solo can still be tons of fun when you get good, but cooperative teamwork is a lot of fun and wins more matches.

Originally posted by fivoroth

I think you will really like Destiny. It's a cool Halo style shooter which has some progression built in.

From the wiki:

<table hproduct"="" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> Platform(s)

I'm looking for PC.

Ack, $60 for CoD huh? 

Will my i5 and 670 FTW handle the game ok?

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

"Pure" shooter i don't know.

But there is Borderlands, Dead Island, the Splinter Cell franchise, Resident Evil (all especially in coop), tons of Half Life 2 mods like Insurgency, Nuclear Dawn, Dystopia..

Bioshock Infinite should count as FPS, too. Deus Ex, Dishonored etc. (though Dishonered isn't all that much actual shooting,

There is a lot once you manage to look beyond CoD and BF4, you know.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I still play UT99 for good reason it is the best designed game for pvp out there.Zaxis,spotted weapons and health packs that create hot points and maps some of them ,that offer good layouts for defensive and offensive play as well as being a multi weapon map rather than just a sniper map.

I have played everything out there and nothing brings the skill set that UT99 does.

What else i don't like about modern games is lighting,sure it adds realism but it also makes it too hard to see in certain areas of maps.

looking forward to?? Well i hope the NEW Unreal Tournament brings back that old school feel because the series went horribly worse with each addition.Double jumps and vials to load up invisible and weak sauce stuff like that i don't like.

I really don't like the kiddy stuff like power ups,i look for  the pure form of pvp,my thinking or lack of versus the other player/s.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

From the wiki:

I guess you just found a bug in the board software :D

http://xkcd.com/327/

If you are looking for a Destiny like game on PC try Warframe. It is mostly PvE for leveling, getting/building weapons and new Frames( each has different skills, there are 20-30? different ones) but it also has PvP and Guilds.

It is F2P but the shop is kind of like League of Legends meaning not pay to win. You can buy Frames, Weapons instead of crafting them with ingame material. Shop exclusive items are skins and +x% xp boost for some time.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Quake Live, a free to play reboot of Quake 3 Arena.  It's on steam now so if you use steam that could be a good way to try it out.  It's also downloadable standalone.  It has a couple tiers of paid membership if you feel like you want to upgrade your options as far as creating servers but it's not needed.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    CS:GO is probably the most popular on the PC in terms of population at a time playing the game. It usually peaks around 170k people online at once. Next is probably BF4 with around 40k people a day online concurrently and then COD AW. I probably wouldn't reccoment a COD pc game simply because they spread matchmaking really thin and it becomes hard to find matches a lot of the time depending on where you are located. I just got BF4 for the pc and am really enjoying it.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Ack, $60 for CoD huh? 

Will my i5 and 670 FTW handle the game ok?

https://www.g2a.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-steam-preorder.html

34 bucks. 

• BennuBennu Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Alumicard

From the wiki:

I guess you just found a bug in the board software :D

http://xkcd.com/327/

If you are looking for a Destiny like game on PC try Warframe. It is mostly PvE for leveling, getting/building weapons and new Frames( each has different skills, there are 20-30? different ones) but it also has PvP and Guilds.

It is F2P but the shop is kind of like League of Legends meaning not pay to win. You can buy Frames, Weapons instead of crafting them with ingame material. Shop exclusive items are skins and +x% xp boost for some time.

I tried out Warframe a long time ago. How much is PvP supported by the Devs and the players? If you tell me it's the same as Firefall, I'll pass..haha.

I'm seeing this:

http://www.kuloid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-pc-download-steam/?setCurrencyId=2&gclid=COXlz_WM08ICFSEV7Aod-nYAJQ

Never heard of kuloid.com though. I'll check out the other above link.

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

nothing really....

Ubisoft killed the Ghost Recon franchise with a piece of crap pay to win PC only game (GR Phantoms).

CS:GO is there for the hardcore shooter dudes

CoD Advanced Warfare is the best CoD since Modern Warfare 1 and its still more of the same

Destiny.... lol

The rest of the shooters out there seem to be also weak lately.

Poor genre :(

If there is anything actually good that i missed then someone will definitely post here, but i doubt anything is that good right now. I will not fall for EA's titanfall, they like to kill servers and waste your money. If at least it had a single player campaign but it doesnt.

evolve, it's a asymmetric  4v1 "hide n seek" hunt. 4 hunters vs 1 monster (all players) with hunt game mode as the main attraction, they also have nest mode, rescue mode, and evacuation. 

play as a monster, run from your hunters, eat, evolve, and become the hunter.

or play as the hunters, and work as a team to track, trap, and kill the beasty.

new monster trailer.

actual new monster gameplay with shout-casters DB and jparty.

hope you find what you're looking for!

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I'm seeing this:

http://www.kuloid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-pc-download-steam/?setCurrencyId=2&gclid=COXlz_WM08ICFSEV7Aod-nYAJQ

Never heard of kuloid.com though. I'll check out the other above link.

Never heard of that site either. At the cost of 1 extra dollar you are guaranteed to receive a a copy, even if the seller is a scam. Which is very rare. 

Nevertheless, you can always contact your bank if you are unlucky enough to buy from a bad site.

G2A is legit, from my experience however it lets people sell games themselves on their site. A fast look at their numbers should indicate if they are real or not. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.