Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop 4 First Info

SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Since the current PTR Build of Patch 1.2.0 is in a very early state, Carbine hasn't released official Update Notes yet. Some of the additions / changes that comes with Drop 4 are:

http://www.readycheck.org/en/forum/wildstar/news/mega-overview-content-drop-4/#discussion

Datascape (20man)

Ultimate Protogames (5man)

Protogames Academy (5man)

Veteran Shiphands (1-3man)

New Shiphand (1-3man)

Character Chop Shop (Barber Shop)

Housing (New building blocks, customizable ground, new underground banker etc)

Endgame Itemization

Eldergame Currencies (Changing the use of old and addition of new currency)

New Mounts

New daily/weekly quests (for shiphands / adventures / dungeons etc)

Class Changes

New /who UI

New Castbar

New Nameplates

New Costumes

New Costume System (unlocking skins of armor / weapons)

More to come in next days / weeks...

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Comments

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Drop 4 is in mid- February so hold on to your wallets, until they actually drop the content.

Something sad about item change occurring almost a year since the game has been out.

I don't trust Carbine, they constantly lie straight face to the public. So holding my breath, until they actually deliver.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Great changes, if late to the game. Though I can understand their desire to take more time because of the previously buggy updates. Rationally thinking about the feature list though and comparing it to the years of churning the content cycle in WoW it looks like this drop is adding in maybe, 1-2 weeks of content at best.

A part of me would love to come back to WS as it was the most fun I've had in an MMO in a while. But the mean, money counting bastard in me might hold out for the next expansion and dropping in when the game gets growing again. I just don't see enough content changes after already having experienced everything there is to come back yet.

Given the lack of solidity on EQN, or really any other MMO. WS might have some time to fix up their stuff.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Game is 6 months old and its trying to recover. Imho Drop 4 is towards the right direction, but time will tell about its future. Anyway they are trying to make things right, but i agree we must see the Drop first implemented.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by FleshMask

Drop 4 is in mid- February so hold on to your wallets, until they actually drop the content.

Something sad about item change occurring almost a year since the game has been out.

I don't trust Carbine, they constantly lie straight face to the public. So holding my breath, until they actually deliver.

WILDSTAR launched on June 3, 2014 so the only person lying here is you so.

I got some friends on the PTR right now in the drop 4 content, all this is coming and more, Its going to be a huge drop that alot of people are excited for :)

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Still very intrigued by their decision to shift demographics from end-game raiders to more casual players. It will have been almost a year since the game launched once Drop 4 hits. Lets be honest, it's likely to land in the end of February and the game launched in June. Most casuals will have long since forgotten about WS.

They are still missing out on both the PvP side of things and most of the end-game raiders have left by now. A year later on itemization is too long for most people who were actually interested, and most "raiders" I imagine are playing WoD. So if their focus is to get more casuals, their biggest hurdle will be getting them back/marketing. F2P coming soon after Drop 4 I'd imagine, as a "re-launch" of the game.

This is a big boat to turn-around on. From focusing on the "hardcore" crowd to the "casual" crowd half-way through. I really hope they make it, because I really enjoyed a lot about WS. However, I don't think it'll be done without F2P/cash shop.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I hope they can recover before another Tabula Rasa happens. I have this strange feeling no matter how good the game looks like it is going to be doing, NCsoft will end up canning it before it can fully recover. The only games they won't trash tend to be their own games. So I'm hoping this is the first one they finally let fully bloom before deciding whether or not to keep it. They kept Lineage 1 running in NA with 70 people logged into the servers for like 2 years. I don't understand why they give that a chance while they canned COH and TR other than the fact that the Korean market was booming for L1 and still is.
  • FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by TheGoblinKing
    Originally posted by FleshMask

WILDSTAR launched on June 3, 2014 so the only person lying here is you so.

I got some friends on the PTR right now in the drop 4 content, all this is coming and more, Its going to be a huge drop that alot of people are excited for :)

Here are the lies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1KsFm5J75s

You know that content on Drop 4, that was stuff they showed during GameCom with Protostar/Halloween content.

They haven't worked on building content... it's old content that was shown in September 2014 and now releasing on February 2015.

They deceived the everyone going to their Gamescom booth with video and a product that was half done. They are going to finally release it, but only half the product what they showed.

If I wanted to pretend to be working on something for 6 months, and fool idiots into believing I was working hard...  this how I would do it.

Now NCSoft wants to push Carbine into a Chinese release, and they can't do updates to a schedule. Yea, there's going to be some tension and major mishandlings next year... I am predicting it and calling it. Using post as a future reference.