Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen congratulates Elite:Dangerous

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14384-Congratulations-Elite-Dangerous

Chris Roberts quote:

"I would like to congratulate David Braben and the entire team at Frontier Developments on this week’s launch of Elite: Dangerous."

Have fun

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Wow, completely passive aggressive!! What an a-hole! 

/sarcasm

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I don't see any passive aggressiveness in that article at all. Perhaps you should rethink your understanding of what passive aggressive means.
  • Originally posted by goofy3k
    I don't see any passive aggressiveness in that article at all. Perhaps you should rethink your understanding of what passive aggressive means.

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

/sarcasm

Puff Puff.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

The only reason he's congratulating them is because, when he looks into the freshly-shined leather on his expensive designer shoes for the 7th hour of the day, he can't quite believe that someone managed to actually release a whole game on time.

I mean, it must baffle him.

He must be so confused as to how someone would manage to release a whole game on time that he's scratching his head until it bleeds.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Originally posted by goofy3k

Wow that was painful.......please don't post again.

• goofy3kgoofy3k Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Originally posted by goofy3k

Wow that was painful.......please don't post again.

My bad missed the /sarcasm

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Hi to all Doom and Gloom posters !

Backed both games.

Playing both Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen (Arena Commander) and having fun with both.

Looking forward to improvements to both games until both have unlocked their full potential.

Exited about  No Mans Sky, Repopulation and Wingmans Game.

Fun times ahead for space sim fans ...

Have fun

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Originally posted by dotdotdash

The only reason he's congratulating them is because, when he looks into the freshly-shined leather on his expensive designer shoes for the 7th hour of the day, he can't quite believe that someone managed to actually release a whole game on time.

He must be so confused as to how someone would manage to release a whole game on time that he's scratching his head until it bleeds.

Trying this hard. Amazing.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

Conspiracy theory:

Chris Roberts has paid Elite: Dangerous devs money in exchange for them agreeing to change the game's name into Star Citizen in case Chris's project will fail. After the rename operation they plan to fulfil all promises made to Star Citizen backers by giving them copies of Elite: Dangerous.

/Conspiracy theory

• Originally posted by Erillion
    Hi to all Doom and Gloom posters ! Backed both games.Playing both Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen (Arena Commander) and having fun with both.Looking forward to improvements to both games until both have unlocked their full potential.Exited about  No Mans Sky, Repopulation and Wingmans Game.Fun times ahead for space sim fans ... Have fun 
    Check out Limit Theory, too.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is perfectly fine to congratulate a fellow industry developer,however i am a but skeptic on his motives.

When you grats someone it is NOT about YOU,you dont slip in a plug for your own game in every second sentence.It is like dude giving grats to some guy at his wedding  but also says ...btw i used to sleep with your wife.I just dont much care for this Chris dude,i feel his morals are way out to lunch if he has any.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Some people just have to find a negative in everything. The posters in this thread, not Chris.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Originally posted by Axxar

Check out Limit Theory, too.

Good tip, thanks. Will do.

Have fun

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Would it be rude to point out that this game was nowhere near on time and is not complete either as they dropped offline play completely?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• marcmymarcmy Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I don't have much to say about Star Citizen other than it is taking forever and I'm not too impressed by what I've seen or heard so far (because it's just alpha basically). I will say this about Elite: Dangerous, though despite being a great game I feel it released with way too many unfinished features. It should definitely have not released without party support, for one. That's the whole idea behind an MMO, is to be able to party with your friends and do stuff together. I know it'll be coming but I think they should have delayed the release until they could've at least put in some of the features you'd expect from an MMO at launch.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Elite: Dangerous | Recently played: FFXIV, Rift, LoTRO, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Guild Wars 2 | Single player RPGs: Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Would it be rude to point out that this game was nowhere near on time and is not complete either as they dropped offline play completely?

offline play will hopefully never happen, so not exactly 'incomplete', even better you can choose between solo play, open play, or party (with selected friends) play, as you please, your not stuck in one or the other, as the 'universe' is affected by players regardless of which mode they are using.

Basically, Elite Dangerous is an Online only game. The game is recogniseably Elite, and if they are going to add more features as time goes on, then i am all for it. image

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by Wizardry

It is perfectly fine to congratulate a fellow industry developer,however i am a but skeptic on his motives.

When you grats someone it is NOT about YOU,you dont slip in a plug for your own game in every second sentence.It is like dude giving grats to some guy at his wedding  but also says ...btw i used to sleep with your wife.I just dont much care for this Chris dude,i feel his morals are way out to lunch if he has any.

Did we read the same post from Chris Roberts? Apparently not. Nowhere in his post transpires the situation you mention. Only in your color glasses imagination..

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Some people just have to find a negative in everything. The posters in this thread, not Chris.

That's definitely what always happens here.

I think it's awesome that 2 people can support eachother's games like this and be civil about. 

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Offline play in any game is only for risk averse carebears.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Muke

Offline play in any game is only for risk averse carebears.

If it was implemented properly it would have had nothing to do with being a 'carebear' mode, that is just a cop out!

My comment stands, it wasn't anywhere near the originally announced launch dates and it was not completed as per the original spec, that is undisputed, it doesn't make it any less of a game for it, but it is non the less true.

When i first heard about the game i really wanted it to be the vision we had all read about in the manuals all those years ago when playing elite on our BBC B micro's during lunch at school (daydreaming about one day finding a generation ship or owning a thargoid ship), but i also know from following his work over the years that Braben has a track record for not quite getting all the way there as the vision usually outweighed the technology or capability and knowing that is what held me back. Now seeing that last minute turn around on offline confirmed my fears again.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    If it's missing content now, what would it have been like if it had released at the original estimated date?
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well, it was a post on his website, about a competitor, so I think he had to sound in control and talk about his game. I do agree with his statements in general, though, about the industry and genre.

Where I do meet you though, is on your feeling about the guy. I'm not sure why, but I can't brush off a bad feeling about Chris Roberts. The kind of feeling I get from Brad McQuaid, for some reason *shivers*