Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The need for cash items from the store.

KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

So I have been a fairly happy ArcheAge fan since it was first in early production many years ago. I followed the game until it released, but then stopped since it looked like there would be no english version.

Fast forward to today and I am saddened by the current state of things. By biggest problem came when upgrading a nice piece of gear.

Regrades....

In order to change an item from green >>blue>>purple>>gold and so fourth you have to have the item, a regrade scroll, AND a charm from the cash shop.

Sure you could just buy the charms with gold that others purchase from the cash shop, but it still equates to someone having to spend money for it.

Charms can cost alot of real money if the regrades fail. Basically this seems to be one of the biggest issues I have found with the game and it's game breaking in my opinion.

Also take into account the cheaters that basically somehow were able to make multiple transactions of the same item for only one fee. Of course they say this was addressed, but there is no way to prove it. So basically people gamed the system which is rigged to begin with.....only person losing here is the regular gamer.

This is why there should be alot less of these items with random chance. I must have dumped 800 gold and a bunch of RL money in less than 20 minutes trying to upgrade an item past heroic. It just kept failing and dropping down, or staying the same and a few times went to to heroic and then right back down the next.

There should be a clear marked pathway of progression towards making a better piece with a known quantity of resources. This spend a ton and get nothing for it makes me want to give up the game in a heartbeat.  I am sure others have hit this same wall or will be soon. It's no joke and will draw the end of this game if it continues this way.

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Karble

So I have been a fairly happy ArcheAge fan since it was first in early production many years ago. I followed the game until it released, but then stopped since it looked like there would be no english version.

Fast forward to today and I am saddened by the current state of things. By biggest problem came when upgrading a nice piece of gear.

Regrades....

In order to change an item from green >>blue>>purple>>gold and so fourth you have to have the item, a regrade scroll, AND a charm from the cash shop.

Sure you could just buy the charms with gold that others purchase from the cash shop, but it still equates to someone having to spend money for it.

Charms can cost alot of real money if the regrades fail. Basically this seems to be one of the biggest issues I have found with the game and it's game breaking in my opinion.

Also take into account the cheaters that basically somehow were able to make multiple transactions of the same item for only one fee. Of course they say this was addressed, but there is no way to prove it. So basically people gamed the system which is rigged to begin with.....only person losing here is the regular gamer.

This is why there should be alot less of these items with random chance. I must have dumped 800 gold and a bunch of RL money in less than 20 minutes trying to upgrade an item past heroic. It just kept failing and dropping down, or staying the same and a few times went to to heroic and then right back down the next.

There should be a clear marked pathway of progression towards making a better piece with a known quantity of resources. This spend a ton and get nothing for it makes me want to give up the game in a heartbeat.  I am sure others have hit this same wall or will be soon. It's no joke and will draw the end of this game if it continues this way.

People have been talking about this for weeks already, but you didn't know and dumped cash into Trion's coffers until you figured it out. Just like you, other people right now don't know and don't want to know. They will also dump money into Trion's coffers until they figure it out. And on it will go for quite some time. That's how they are making money.

A lot of those people who have dumped real money into the game find it harder to walk away. That's another thing. They will become defenders of the game and try to convince others to play.

Trion doesn't need to invest any more into the game and they can still get a return. XL is moving on to other projects. All they do now is work with Trion on the cash shop to guarantee their stream of income.

The best thing you can do OP is uninstall and walk away right now. Kiss your money good bye. Trion and XL have no motivation and have shown no inclination to want to change the game as it is. It won't change. Know Trion for what they are and don't make the same mistake again.

Good luck and happy gaming.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Regrading 101: get at least 2 of the same item

regrade 1 item>succes? keep it

Regrade the second items until it gets to the same grade as the first one.

both are on the same grade?

regrade the first item again,failed? keep regrading the first item until they are both the same grade again.

this way is abit more expensive.but you have 100% progression,and 0% lose.

#worthit

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by d_20

A lot of those people who have dumped real money into the game find it harder to walk away. That's another thing. They will become defenders of the game and try to convince others to play.

Perhaps a better view would be looking at all the people who have found no need to spend any real money to fully  enjoy playing this game beyond the original patron status ,,,,for every fool that dumps real money into a cash shop there are a 100 folks that don't ,,,,ALWAYS AMAZING THE HATERS just don't get the facts a 100% accurate isn't it ?

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Karble

The fact that you dumped so much RL money in less than 20 minutes is precisely why they put in a random chance in the first place.

R2Games, an F2P game company that made 27 million a month (likely more by now) made a business presentation on the matter and specifically points out how randomization gets more people to spend more money without realizing the true costs.  And you, as well as many other unfortunate souls (me included in the past), are a primary example of this.

R2Games' presentation also points out shorter lifespan and lower player retention as a flaw of this business strategy (and an ACCEPTED one, for the sake of greater profits).  In other words, the companies KNOW it will "draw the end of this game if it continues this way".  They just don't CARE (or rather, see it as an acceptable loss when compared to the overall profits they'll be making).

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Exactly why I stopped playing .

Game is pure pay 2 win .  Sure you can have fun and aquire semi decent gear but there is always going to be that guy

who spent tons of money who will always beat you in pvp , you will never win against this guy because he paid more money than

you.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Perhaps a better view would be looking at all the people who have found no need to spend any real money to fully  enjoy playing this game beyond the original patron status ,,,,for every fool that dumps real money into a cash shop there are a 100 folks that don't ,,,,ALWAYS AMAZING THE HATERS just don't get the facts a 100% accurate isn't it ?

SO wait you're bemoaning those actually willing to put some money into a game? ON top of that, pay for a game you defend staunchly? What happens when said "fools" wisen up? Then all begin to play for free?

Hmm... I'll take game haters over people haters any day...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Well, since you fail at it too, maybe not that amazing.

It takes one to know one.