Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I cant decide

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
Should i buy this or a 6 pack of saranac?

Comments

• CryseydeCryseyde Member Posts: 70

TSW is less filling and has fewer calories, and also comes with a light, inoffensive fragrance. It may have a slight taste of machine oil and a faint aspartame aftertaste. YMMV.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Since I loved TSW and have no idea what sarnac is (and google isn't helping), I vote TSW.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by L0C0Man
    Since I loved TSW and have no idea what sarnac is (and google isn't helping), I vote TSW.. :)

Sorry i spelled it wrong http://www.saranac.com/

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    both

I only wanted to spend 20 on entertainment for today. I went with the massive version of The Secret world:)
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    I only wanted to spend 20 on entertainment for today. I went with the massive version of The Secret world:)

Welcome to the madhouse. Enjoy your stay!

If you have any problems you should ask the Sanctuary channel. Type "/chat join #Sanctuary" in game, then make sure to subscribe to the channel by right clicking the chat tab and toggling the channel on.

[EDIT]: And because you're a member for your first month after purchase, you get the Item of the Month. Pimpin' ain't easy, but it sure is fun.

Originally posted by Cryseyde

If you have any problems you should ask the Sanctuary channel. Type "/chat join #Sanctuary" in game, then make sure to subscribe to the channel by right clicking the chat tab and toggling the channel on.

[EDIT]: And because you're a member for your first month after purchase, you get the Item of the Month. Pimpin' ain't easy, but it sure is fun.

Thank you very much. I havent got to play yet lol, i still got 5 hours more on the steam download, and I am sure there will be a update once its done with steam, hopefully not:), but i know thats asking to much lol. Stupid woods internet i only get 140kbs... I will do that up though when i get into the game. 

A member? I thought the game was B2P, there is a subscription thing to become something more than B2P? I hope it isnt Pay 2 win lol, I am sick of that, and i will be upset i choice this over beer lol. 

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

A member? I thought the game was B2P, there is a subscription thing to become something more than B2P? I hope it isnt Pay 2 win lol, I am sick of that, and i will be upset i choice this over beer lol. 

B2P, yes. Membership gets you a monthly free item, 1200 points to spend, a 10% store discount on most things (not on DLC, I believe), and daily use of an XP booster item.

Thank you very much. I havent got to play yet lol, i still got 5 hours more on the steam download, and I am sure there will be a update once its done with steam, hopefully not:), but i know thats asking to much lol. Stupid woods internet i only get 140kbs... I will do that up though when i get into the game. 

You get a free month as a Member (subscriber) with the purchase of the initial game. You get all the perks as if you were a member. Those perks expire when your membership does, so make sure to use them while you have them.

The shop is mostly cosmetics. That's also where you'd purchase your content updates when you're ready for them. Membership gives you 1200 bonus points, which you can spend on cosmetics or on one of the issues.

The shop has some gear and a random box, but I don't recommend buying any of those as you can get far better gear in the game. Those are, I think, mostly for people who roll alts and don't care about their gear paths. The random box has a tiny chance to give some of the best items in game, but a) playing the game has a better chance of getting them and b) the best items in game aren't necessary for any content at all. People were platting NM scenes before the first grievous dropped, so the mystery box gets a big old "meh" from me. In other words - there is zero P2W.

The bonus points do have an expiration, so I'd recommend purchasing Issue 9 (Tokyo playfield) even though that comes after the base game and you won't get to playing it for a while. The others are great stories, though not necessary to continue the main story arc. All of the issues are aimed at players who've finished the main story (or are at least in QL10 greens).

Issue 5 was sad for anyone who'd come to like Solomon Island and its residents. The last mission in the chain gives a random blue signet and is repeatable every 3 days. Issue 6 was a fun adventure, Indiana Jones style, and gave more insight into how the Tokyo attack was orchestrated. The last mission in the chain gives a random blue signet, and on the first completion gives an epic headpiece. Issue 6 also has a vendor who will sell additional headpieces, special signets for them, a title, and a whole Indiana Jones style outfit for tokens earned through mission repeats. Issue 7 is creepier than 6, with a very James Bond feel. The last mission of the chain gives a random blue signet, and an epic neckpiece on the first completion. Like i6, there is a vendor with additional neckpieces, signets for them, a title, and a set of clothes.

Issue 8 is the bridge between the base game and the Tokyo expansion. The story mission is free, and completing it can be done without purchasing i8. The major addition i8 brought was Augments, a form of non-gear character progression, which are acquired from scenarios. The Hotel map is free, so if you're thinking about buying i8 I strongly recommend trying it a couple of times first. Some people really love scenarios, some people really dislike scenarios, most people agree they're better with friends. If you're in the dislike strongly camp, you can either suck it up and do a few to earn passage through the story mission, or purchase Side Stories: Further Analysis and do Immersion, the mission that unlocks the forged seal.

Issue 9 is the first part of the Tokyo expansion. It was rolled out in three parts, the issue and two side stories packs. I9 gives access to the playfield and the main story arc. Issue 10 is planned to launch this month, with the next part of that story arc.

That's probably a lot more than you needed to know, and also just one player's opinion.

You get a free month as a Member (subscriber) with the purchase of the initial game. You get all the perks as if you were a member. Those perks expire when your membership does, so make sure to use them while you have them.

The shop is mostly cosmetics. That's also where you'd purchase your content updates when you're ready for them. Membership gives you 1200 bonus points, which you can spend on cosmetics or on one of the issues.

The shop has some gear and a random box, but I don't recommend buying any of those as you can get far better gear in the game. Those are, I think, mostly for people who roll alts and don't care about their gear paths. The random box has a tiny chance to give some of the best items in game, but a) playing the game has a better chance of getting them and b) the best items in game aren't necessary for any content at all. People were platting NM scenes before the first grievous dropped, so the mystery box gets a big old "meh" from me. In other words - there is zero P2W.

The bonus points do have an expiration, so I'd recommend purchasing Issue 9 (Tokyo playfield) even though that comes after the base game and you won't get to playing it for a while. The others are great stories, though not necessary to continue the main story arc. All of the issues are aimed at players who've finished the main story (or are at least in QL10 greens).

Issue 5 was sad for anyone who'd come to like Solomon Island and its residents. The last mission in the chain gives a random blue signet and is repeatable every 3 days. Issue 6 was a fun adventure, Indiana Jones style, and gave more insight into how the Tokyo attack was orchestrated. The last mission in the chain gives a random blue signet, and on the first completion gives an epic headpiece. Issue 6 also has a vendor who will sell additional headpieces, special signets for them, a title, and a whole Indiana Jones style outfit for tokens earned through mission repeats. Issue 7 is creepier than 6, with a very James Bond feel. The last mission of the chain gives a random blue signet, and an epic neckpiece on the first completion. Like i6, there is a vendor with additional neckpieces, signets for them, a title, and a set of clothes.

Issue 8 is the bridge between the base game and the Tokyo expansion. The story mission is free, and completing it can be done without purchasing i8. The major addition i8 brought was Augments, a form of non-gear character progression, which are acquired from scenarios. The Hotel map is free, so if you're thinking about buying i8 I strongly recommend trying it a couple of times first. Some people really love scenarios, some people really dislike scenarios, most people agree they're better with friends. If you're in the dislike strongly camp, you can either suck it up and do a few to earn passage through the story mission, or purchase Side Stories: Further Analysis and do Immersion, the mission that unlocks the forged seal.

Issue 9 is the first part of the Tokyo expansion. It was rolled out in three parts, the issue and two side stories packs. I9 gives access to the playfield and the main story arc. Issue 10 is planned to launch this month, with the next part of that story arc.

That's probably a lot more than you needed to know, and also just one player's opinion.

That is good to hear, thank you for taking the time to reply. I think i have all the content, unless i mis understood what the massive edition is. 

That is good to hear, thank you for taking the time to reply. I think i have all the content, unless i mis understood what the massive edition is. 

*cough* Sometimes the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others. Never post before the caffeine hits, folks.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Buy TSW. I bought it last year on the steam holiday sale, played it for a week and haven't touched it since. I'm very satisfied with my purchase.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Interesting.

What is this? Is it a gamewide "help" channel or a friendly guild that helps new players?

• thesawolfthesawolf Member Posts: 28
    It's gamewide help channel basicly. Chat, get groups, get advice, join a cabal, etc. etc.

Question Reality : Find Your Own Truth!

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by CasualMaker

B2P, yes. Membership gets you a monthly free item, 1200 points to spend, a 10% store discount on most things (not on DLC, I believe), and daily use of an XP booster item.

Just so you know that he lied, discount is to everything including DLS's.

Originally posted by BalianWolfie

Not a lie, just outdated information. Like saying that you can't mix defensive and offensive runes in creating glyphs.

Originally posted by BalianWolfie

Not a lie, just outdated information. Like saying that you can't mix defensive and offensive runes in creating glyphs.

If we're being pedantic, and it seems we are, it was neither a lie nor outdated information. Since the B2P conversion when DLCs became part of the store the member discounts (10% for subs, 20% for GMs) applied to content. Before that, the discounts applied to everything, and now they still apply to everything (not including other discounted items, larger discount applies).

That glyph thing still annoys me. That's beta information. It wasn't even true at launch. >_<

If we're being pedantic, and it seems we are, it was neither a lie nor outdated information. Since the B2P conversion when DLCs became part of the store the member discounts (10% for subs, 20% for GMs) applied to content. Before that, the discounts applied to everything, and now they still apply to everything (not including other discounted items, larger discount applies).

That glyph thing still annoys me. That's beta information. It wasn't even true at launch. >_<

<shrug> People repeat what they hear. Discounts not applying to DLC was discussed, and I didn't hear otherwise, so...