Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open World PVP

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

what is the top open world pvp game out at the moment?

i need pvp in my life and it needs to be open world pvp, i play gw2 and there is lack of guilds at war... lol

stuff i liked in past,- Lineage2, Age of Wulin,

looking for the best out current so i can make friend and hunt down people i dont like ingame :)

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    ArcheAge?  I haven't played it, but I think that's what you want.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    anything else out there, been on AA a few hours today, not really feeling it at the lower levels, just quest after quest after quest.....

Currently Playing:

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Darkfall: Open world pvp, full loot.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by A1D3N
    anything else out there, been on AA a few hours today, not really feeling it at the lower levels, just quest after quest after quest.....

You have to get higher, into the 30+ areas.

I know, I know "a Game shouldn't have to be played to x level in order to ..." blah blah blah.

It is what it is.

I understand crafting and gathering are good ways to get xp and level quickly.

but if you want open world pvp in Archeage you have to get higher level.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

WOW,Rift,Tera,SWTOR all have pvp servers with a lot of open world pvp.  Age of Wushu.  Let me break it down.

WOW= You gotta get lvl 20 and it takes a while to walk across the world to the right area to start open world pvp.  But somewhere around lvl 40 you will run into a lot of enemy players you can kill to your hearts content.

Rift= Somewhere around lvl 15 you enter  the second area and that is pvp and you can actually run into enemy players at the northern part of this area.  Once you learn the game you will be able to find enemy players all the time and enjoy pvp.

Tera=  The pvp has no factions so its just a mass murder fest once you reach lvl 10 and are out of the starting zone.

SWTOR=  You can find people around lvl 30 but its not easy but somewhere in the 40's you can find them much easier but before that you wont see anyone.

Age of Wushu=  Is a martial arts game and is quite different from our current games.  But it has one of the most unique and funnest pvp system where you can kidnap players and sell them back to their faction ect ect  Google this for more info its much deeper then appears.

Archeage= Has a ton of open world pvp once you learn how to travel then you can start killing to your heart's content around lvl 30 or so. 

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    EVE.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• WhitebayWhitebay Member Posts: 6
    If you want full loot open world pvp, try Darkfall.  The only turn off for people is its not a tab target game.  I think its the best game out there right now, if your looking for full loot pvp.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

If you want PvP where theres actually something at stake, something worth fighting over, Archeage is not the game.  Open world pvp is fun, but meaningless.  Theres only a few castles which get claimed by mega zergs and everyone else can piddle around stealing fishing boats or tradeships which will yield far less profit than doing trade runs and fishing yourself.  That means to actually progress in the game, you actually want to avoid pvp.  Horrible design.

Truth is, there isn't an open world pvp game worth playing.  I'm beginning to think there will never be.  PvP games lack content and long term viability because they forget it takes more than just people killing each other to keep people logging in.

Originally posted by Dullahan

If you want PvP where theres actually something at stake, something worth fighting over, Archeage is not the game.  Open world pvp is fun, but meaningless.  Theres only a few castles which get claimed by mega zergs and everyone else can piddle around stealing fishing boats or tradeships which will yield far less profit than doing trade runs and fishing yourself.  That means to actually progress in the game, you actually want to avoid pvp.  Horrible design.

Truth is, there isn't an open world pvp game worth playing.  I'm beginning to think there will never be.  PvP games lack content and long term viability because they forget it takes more than just people killing each other to keep people logging in.

Have you tried darkfall?

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Yes, I tried both of them and started following Darkfall just after its conception around 2004.  They were both pretty bad.  First one was horrible in too many ways to count, second one didn't redeem the first at all, but only limited classes, polishing up a few major issues.  It was like putting a bandaid on a shotgun wound of a game.  Darkfall lacks anything but pvp.  Until pvp games are fun without pvp, they'll never be fun with pvp.  Archeage was a step in the right direction, but still fell way short.  If AA would have looked to Darkfall and Age of Wushu realizing that 10k+ players per server need a lot of territory, castles and keeps to fight over, the game might not have felt so empty and pointless.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

This is easy.

Darkfall.

Darkfall has recently had some large patches.  Including no more classes, relics, economy updates, and some crafting changes.  If you havn't tried it in the last couple months.  Id suggest trying it again.
  • HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127

Check out my darkfall Videos if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Swissarmyninja

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

It depends on what you mean by "open world PvP".  There are two VERY different outlooks on that.

1. "Ganking".  If you want to kill people with ease, one shot them, piss them off, and gain nothing but the satisfaction of knowing that you're annoying another human on the other side of the character, then you have some choices there.  PvP servers in games like Rift and WoW are full of that.  Want a level 60 one-shotting you from stealth at level 20 as you try to quest?  There you go.  Most mainstream MMO's with "PvP" servers are just that.

2. Mixed "ganking" and "fair fights". In some games like EVE and Archeage, you have the ability to do some ganking, but it isn't  always easy or the best thing to do.  Fights in games like this tend to be more "fair" in terms of having at least some kind of chance against an aggressor.  Played smart and/or with friends, you can overcome people who try to take advantage of power/level difference.

3. "Fair fight" only. Here is where you get the PvP battlegrounds and other similar game mechanics from things like Star Wars: The Old Republic, and many PvE servers but then you're not really doing much "open world" combat.  The same is true of The Elder Scrolls Online.  It's more an instanced larger-scale combat than something open world like Archeage where you can pirate people of your own or the enemy faction.  There's no ganking on PvE servers, so you're not going to have fun annoying people.

Frankly, I prefer something somewhere in that middle realm.  I don't see the point of pure open PvP, and full loot, etc.  You're just rewarding the people who get started with the most power and punishing new players.  Seems to discourage new people.  And if the only reason you're playing a game is to gank and troll, then I feel sorry for you.  I feel a lot better getting into a close battle and dying from a challenging enemy player than I do wiping out a newb with one shot.  The old "shooting fish in a barrel" thing comes to mind.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Daikuru
    EVE.

This.

Eve Online is THE standard for open world PVP. Evething else, even Darkfall, pales in comparison.

<3

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    EVE.

This.

Eve Online is THE standard for open world PVP. Evething else, even Darkfall, pales in comparison.

No it does not pale in comparison.

Its simple really, give the man the right info.

Eve = best open world pvp for sci fi/ship based etc

Darkfall UW - best open world pvp for feet on the ground fantasy based etc

thats is nothing else comes close.

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    EVE.

This.

No it does not pale in comparison.

Its simple really, give the man the right info.

Eve = best open world pvp for sci fi/ship based etc

Darkfall UW - best open world pvp for feet on the ground fantasy based etc

thats is nothing else comes close.

http://steamcharts.com/app/227400

Yeah Darkfall is the best open world pvp experience you can have with 40 other players.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

i need pvp in my life and it needs to be open world pvp, i play gw2 and there is lack of guilds at war... lol

looking for the best out current so i can make friend and hunt down people i dont like ingame :)

The best one I played is shadowbane. There are no quests, and level is rather quick esp if you have some one helping you. Its not only open world pvp, where you can run around and find people to fight, but you can also be a thief and steal peoples stuff. There is also a city building thing in it where people take down other player build cities and battles up to 200. Very deep character development also, and a intersting kinda loot system based off randomness. 

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by makasouleater69

The best one I played is shadowbane. There are no quests, and level is rather quick esp if you have some one helping you. Its not only open world pvp, where you can run around and find people to fight, but you can also be a thief and steal peoples stuff. There is also a city building thing in it where people take down other player build cities and battles up to 200. Very deep character development also, and a intersting kinda loot system based off randomness. 

DFUW has pretty much plenty of goodies in it like SB, unfortunately no matter how many people scream SB was great blah blah go load it up now, its a graphical mess and glitchy beyond belief! its just not fun this day and age far better around.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

when it came to dark fall the First person view put me off, aswell a pritty bad gfx (might of been on low cos my gfx sucked when i tried it)

currently trying Archeage at lvl 29, i hope there is plenty of ganking and greifing aswell as fair fights, i love a good old scrap!

Currently Playing:

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online is a pretty good open world PvP game.

...and oh, are there consequences; it took me years to recover from a single, unfortunate PK I made back in 2011.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Yea, darkfall is a FPS feel.  But archeage?  I don't understand the point of PvP if it isn't full loot.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Leveling in a game like this sucks - just tough it out and level up. AA is really the only game to play for open world pvp. You can gang people - steal loot - commit crime and actually be punished for it .... there isn't another game like it.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Rusque
    ArcheAge?  I haven't played it, but I think that's what you want.

LMFAO, AA pvp is the shittyest pvp in the world...you can pvp, but the combat is not fun at all.  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• AeroDruid13AeroDruid13 Member Posts: 5

My thoughts on OPVP:

If some internet troll goes hog-wild (southern style) in chat or social channel, he gets added to the list. If someone posts spam to their guild, website or stream, they get added to the list...and so the bucket list grows on and on.

OPVP lets me enact that list and lets me get back at the trolls, social leeches and those who grief others. Their mere existence allows me to punish them and that's why I favor OPVP in of itself. Now other rules added into OPVP like loot rules, those of course, are per-game basis.