Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend

13»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by TheChronic"Jita (General) » CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend coorp"

Originally posted by TheChronic"coorp Hangar"

What a coincidence you and CCP Peligro make same spelling errors...

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by TheChronic

"Jita (General) » CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend coorp"

"coorp Hangar"

wow

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by rubydragon5
    Originally posted by Gdemami

"Jita (General) » CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend coorp"

"coorp Hangar"

wow

Yeah, that was pointed out earlier in the thread as well, OP is carefully avoiding the subject as it pretty much blows this entire story out of the water.

What I find amazing is how many other posters are basically slandering CCP with allegations such as tax evasion, corporate sanction of developer corruption, and other scurrilous practices with no actual proof that any of this is currently happening.

People point to examples of corruption that happened over 8 years ago, but regardless seem to realize that corporations hire human beings, and sometimes their employees do disreputable things which have to be dealt with.

To summarize, CCP does not ban people for stealing from corp hangers, that practice is done regularly from low level gear to entire corp holdings, and CCP does not take action against people for this that I've ever heard of.

No, the OP's story reeks of being a structuring scam and the real complaint here is he feels there's no way they could have caught him, so they have no right to enforce their rules.  Apparently, he's wrong in that regard.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

As much as I dislike the douchebagery that EVE encourages among its player base, and as much as I believe some of the game's employees who play EVE probably abuse their status, I don't believe they are stupid enough to do it so overtly. I am inclined to believe the OP got caught laundering ISK obtained outside the EULA.

If this really was retaliation by a developer, I'd imagine it would have been handled in a way more consistent with the way things are done in game

Heh, I remember many years ago, back during Vanilla WoW, there was a player who posted a very clever and well written post about being banned for botting. He claimed that he was banned becasue he was using Linux and playing under WINE to run the game and that the Windows emulator was responsible for Blizzard's detection being flagged. He went on to describe how he had just purchased a new gaming mouse and keyboard and had been setting up his macros for playing. This was a very long and involved thread that had gotten the Linux gaming community up in arms.

But there was one thing that didn't make sense.......It seemes there always is in these "I was framed" threads.

He didn't stop to think that back in 2005, gaming mice and KBs didn't make drivers for Linux and there was no way he was experimenting with his new tools under Linux.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Nah, you bought isk and got banned for it. Corps who RMT aren't going to give rights to access stuff to just anyone and anyone who has rights with corps like this should damn well know what 's going on. You expect us to accept that your 'victims' filed a ticket to recover their plex and got helped out by a friendly dev when it's far more likely that you got caught ass out buying isk. CCP knows damn well about corp thefts, there would never be a ban here if these guys weren't RMTing their asses off and you'd never have had the chance to steal the plex if they were. 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

wow some of these indie sandbox games have lots of guild to staff issues...

Mortal Online to Darkfall to Eve

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Everyone keeps saying that EVE is a real world game. You screw with the wrong people in the real world you get stomped on. Why would EVE be any different. People abuse their power every day, you just have to take it on the chin like a man, or in your case, up the butthole.

• Originally posted by MMOExposed

First learn to read comments. And then again learn the difference between AAA and indie mmos. /facepalm...

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Nepheth

Originally posted by MMOExposed

First learn to read comments. And then again learn the difference between AAA and indie mmos. /facepalm...

I wouldn't classify CCP as "indie", and I don't believe it's a factor in this case. I think the OP is full of s**t. However, the fact that he was able to convince many in this thread goes back to the history of this game (and others like it) where employees were caught in in-game scandals.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    I just noticed something.

The op spells corp "coorp" in his thread title. In the first email he claims is from CCP has also spelled corp as "coorp". Coincidence? I think not.

Nobody spells corp "coorp".

The OP is completely and totally lying thru his teeth. He got banned for RMT and is now just trying to smear CCP and the game.

You're busted dude. BUSTED!

Thoes emails from CCP are fake and so is your claim.

Good day sir.

Dude I typed the whole damn E-Mail into this window because I am not able to copy & paste it. With "coorp, corp or KORP" whatever it is I mean ingame coorporation.

Jesus.

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by Nepheth

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I wouldn't classify CCP as "indie", and I don't believe it's a factor in this case. I think the OP is full of s**t. However, the fact that he was able to convince many in this thread goes back to the history of this game (and others like it) where employees were caught in in-game scandals.

Im sorry for ruining your illusion that your beloved game is perfect and your ingame devs as well.

It is not and they are not, but thats not my fault buddy.

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This has been closed because e're not really a place to come and drag ban drama, though we decide on a case by case basis what's here for real discussion, and due to discrepancies with accounts posting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.