Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Superman0X
    Originally posted by Erillion

>>....given methods through which those PLEX were originally obtained.....>>

Lets hear more about this remark by the dev. He hints that you or the corp or someone did not obtain the PLEX "the normal way" .

All these "i got banned" posts rarely tell the full story.

CCP has deducted illegally obtained in-game money from player wallets in the past ... often DEEP into the minus ISK range, which would take the player months to get back into the plus range. Its their way of retroactively punishing cheaters and bots.

I do not rule out that you ARE a victim here ... i remember the "T20" dev scandal all too well. But its better to hear the full story.

Have fun

1. Large amounts of ISK were traced as coming from ISK sellers.

2. This ISK was then used to purchase PLEX (in an attempt to hide the wealth).

3. The PLEX were then found on the OP's account.

This is why the OP was banned for ISK buying.

And this is how they launder ISK in EvE too.

Glad they got banned.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

You screwed someone over in a computer game and got banned?  Wish more games would do this.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    ^^ in game theft of items in not punishable by the developers or gm. He bought isk from gold sellers, tried to launder it and got all accounts banned that touched the money trail. Plain and simple.

Unless of course he can start naming names to prove his case. Like corp name he supposing stole from who ate supposed to be friends of the devs as he claims.

I see a whole lot of accusation and zero proof to back it up.

I really hate posting on a phone.

Please give us the ability to edit posts on mobile!

End thread derail.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

I'd be willing to bet a jump freighter that this kid just got caught thinking he was being clever. I guess by posting here he hopes to fool the unaware into being mad at CCP or something. I don't know. CCP takes RMT very seriously.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by goboygo

You screwed someone over in a computer game and got banned?  Wish more games would do this.

I agree with the sentiment BUT this is an open PvP gank game.  Games like this encourage nihilistic, dirty behavior.  If anything the OP should be rewarded for living up to the spirit of EVE. 

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The title of this thread should be "I was caught trying to launder RMT isk and CCP banned me."
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I've had one stint into EVE during a free trial & I was impressed with it's graphics, awesome, & sounds, but tutorial I felt wasn't up to snuff compared to internet resources.

My experience with customer service was actually good & helpful, but even during my free trial I let it lapse without subscribing.

With the lacking tutorial, I'll concede I probably missed some directions, after I got so far into the game I was feeling completely lost.

I'm not a big PvP fan neither so the concept of subscribing to get ganked from time to time isn't appealing.  Also, during my free trial time I still remembered reading an article about some sort of prior corruption in EVE involving CCP helping/hindering certain players & that is what this article reminds me of.  That was years ago, but it also resonated with me as a warning.  It was a fun couple of weeks though & EVE was impressive upon a few facets.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Finsterwald

This is a joke and very familar to me. But you can be happy, my ticket "got solved"/responded to after 3 months lol.

I can also confirm that stealing ingame items IS NOT against Eula, thats for sure.

Seems like some ingame players got good connections to CCP my friend ;-))

I feel sorry for you though.

I don't play EVE so I wouldn't know, but if OP is telling the truth, well, that sure is some META game right there.

I just noticed something.

The op spells corp "coorp" in his thread title. In the first email he claims is from CCP has also spelled corp as "coorp". Coincidence? I think not.

Nobody spells corp "coorp".

The OP is completely and totally lying thru his teeth. He got banned for RMT and is now just trying to smear CCP and the game.

You're busted dude. BUSTED!

Thoes emails from CCP are fake and so is your claim.

Good day sir.

• Originally posted by Deathenger
    I just noticed something. The op spells corp "coorp" in his thread title. In the first email he claims is from CCP has also spelled corp as "coorp". Coincidence? I think not.Nobody spells corp "coorp".The OP is completely and totally lying thru his teeth. He got banned for RMT and is now just trying to smear CCP and the game.You're busted dude. BUSTED! Thoes emails from CCP are fake and so is your claim.Good day sir.

/headshot

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Good catch Death, yeah, this story didn't ring true, I'll go with the failed attempt to structure illegal ISK theory.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by TheChronic
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

OP creates 2 accounts.

With 1 account buys the isk. Creates corp and invites the other player account to the corp to steal the plex in attempt to launder.

The fact that they banned all 3 accounts leads me to believe that you thought there was no way they could link all 3 accounts together.

Umm, no? All of my active 3 accounts that got banned where linked to the same credit card /address.

I had 1 pvp alt and 2 mining alts. The guy who invited me to the coorp was not banned. So I assume that he had any kind of relationship with CCP Peligro who got me banned. Thats the reason for my topic summary.

And as I wrote: I guess that the guy who noticed "oh my Plex is gone" and invited me to the coorp was the same guy who raised a ticket to get my accounts banned. So if you think I was the guy as well, then your statement makes no sense to me, sorry.

If CCP bans me for "assumptions" then I can play the same game and put "assumptions" as the name of the summary of my post and share my experience with the community.

CCP, what the fuck where you thinking...

In your own words you stopped playing over a month ago. The fuck you still care this much to make a thread about it then?

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Had the same issue with this specific GM in the past a transaction that was trade to me claimed by the GM was obtained from illegal sources and I ended up with like a little over a billion ISK or so, in negative which I was able to get back in like a day worth of play time.

The problem with EVE is the way the GM's handle things, They ban without evidence, lets say someone I don't know illegally bought 50 billion ISK from someone, and then buys a ship from me for that amount of ISK in a trade, I had no idea that person purchased my items with illegally obtained ISK, or PLEX, but given the fact that EVE Online is a Sand Box game you can't go accusing players of buying ISK, or RMT without actual proof.

ISK Sellers can use Money Laundering in multiple ways including lottery gambling, and corps to launder ISK around, Contracts, Direct Trading, Item Trading, and Auction House.

The Developers should be going after the illegal mining bots in EVE to stop the resources, or items from ever getting into the economy to begin with.

The problem is that EVE is a SandBox game and when you have GM's or Developers running around questioning transactions of players it kills the gaming experience, as its not the persons responsibility to question how assets were obtained or anything its up to the Developers, and GM's to secure players accounts with IP Verification, and ban the actual bots so there are no illegal goods in the economy rather than targeting individual players because something got traded back to them that came from an illegal source.

Also CCP is killing Multi Boxing anyways, so I have a feeling their subscriber count is going to fall a lot.

^^The OP's post is a lie dude. Go back and read my last post. The OP spells corp "coorp" thru this entire thread, which just so happens to be the way its spelled in the fake ass email he claims is from CCP. In other words, his entire post is a fabrication because hes been banned for RTM.

Also, multi boxing should never have been allowed in the first place. You can thank all the clowns running around with 10+ clients synchronized bombing people with bombers and solo incursion runners for ruining it.

CCP is well aware that they'll be losing money in alt accounts due to this. I applaud them for that.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Doesn't matter what the reason or even if there is a reason. If they want to ban you they will and can do so. Your access to there service can be terminated at any time for any and even no reason if they so choose.

That goes for just about any MMO you play. The EULAs clearly state that they can terminate the service at any time for any reason they want.

I tend to more believe you purchased the PLEX on one of your other accounts and transfered it over via trying to play the corp card and it just did not work out for you.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

In other news the sky is blue, the ocean is salty, politicians are liars, Bill Gates is rich, Godzilla is tall, sugar is sweet, and Charles Manson is crazy.

I sympathize with your plight, but at this point it's pretty much common knowledge that the people running EVE are about as crooked as they come. While a fun game, its success is a complete fluke and once it's run its course, CCP will most likely go the way of bell bottom pants and the dodo bird. Nothing else they've done has amounted to a damn thing.

Hope you get this straightened out, but it's not likely.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    meh i got banned from eve a logn time ago for "buying" isk...apparently i bought 100k isk (all i had on me) even though i spent the better part of the day mining >>. This company is sadly a joke and honestly needs to be shut down. But that will not happen untill a space game better then eve comes out.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

In other news the sky is blue, the ocean is salty, politicians are liars, Bill Gates is rich, Godzilla is tall, sugar is sweet, and Charles Manson is crazy.

I sympathize with your plight, but at this point it's pretty much common knowledge that the people running EVE are about as crooked as they come. While a fun game, its success is a complete fluke and once it's run its course, CCP will most likely go the way of bell bottom pants and the dodo bird. Nothing else they've done has amounted to a damn thing.

What did you do, just read the thread title then post? OP is full of BS.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

I doubt the OP is lying.   The plex is probably tied to RMT that his corp mate had done, and it was just bad luck that he/she stole it.   There is absolutely no reason for CCP to believe the OP, and I think it is an acceptable risk to players that want to steal. 

Appears to be nothing more than bad luck.   I never understood why players that want to do dubious acts always cry when the worst possible outcome happens.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by TheChronic
    Originally posted by Erillion

I absolutely believe that the stolen PLEX, bought with illegal cash from ISK sellers/botters (by whoever) should be removed from the game. I understand why CCP is hunting down illegal ISK sellers and trace the money.

However, if the OP - who stole these PLEX (which is allowed in EVE) - should get banned without warning ..... that sounds a bit harsh, even for CCP.  Remove the PLEX, but let him keep the account ... sounds like a better solution in my opinion.

But the point is moot anyway .. as I understand it the OP won't play EVE anymore ...

Have fun

thats exactly my point.

I mean I maybe even gave those damn Plex back to the guy who was not able to protect his stuff ingame (setup of coorp hangar access rules) to avoid getting my accounts banned.

They didnt even try to contact me or give me a warning or something like that. Imagine you try to Login to your account and read "BANNED for ISK-Buying". Great Feeling, believe me. Then you Google and read that CCP takes weeks to respond to your tickets.

Cheaters never win, Karma is a mother*******     Sorry but I have no respect for people who steal and I believe there is more to the story, we need to hear both sides, I bet he did something else... I never see company's say we assume..  They have ways to find out.  I program Anti cheats, and deal with websites, so with CCP being around they know..

Maybe you wont steal again... I hope that taught you a lesson.

We had some idiot steal from us in ESO, and it was from a bug, I got the person banned. He took everything out of our guild bank, when people trust you, then you should be greatful, if your a little thief, then payback !! time.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

What did you do, just read the thread title then post? OP is full of BS.

LOL..yeah...MUST BE that...

Tell me again why I should call this POS game worth trying again?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Ah, so it's not "safe" to steal from just anyone in EVE ?

This is truly unacceptable, and clear violation of the rights of the thief !

And I can't stop laughing about the karma involved here... image

It would be even funnier if it were all true.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well the missed part of the story is all that ISK that was bought outside game.There is no question it was used to buy PLEX,so others in that corp most certainly bought PLEX illegally.So the question is did anyone else get banned,if not then there is a definite corruption going on there to which there should be no surprise at all.

We are talking about CCP a developer that lost their shirt trying to just release this game,i am sure they were already thinking of illegal methods to recoup money in the first year.Also it was VERY lucky anyone heard about the original dev cheat,that is usually something that never gets out there,so just imagine how much those devs cheat that never gets noticed.

You think CCP claims ISK sales on their profit loss statement,no way in hell,they avoid the taxes.

I have said the same about inside cheating about other games as well because certain things in game made it too obvious.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

Doesn't matter what the reason or even if there is a reason. If they want to ban you they will and can do so. Your access to there service can be terminated at any time for any and even no reason if they so choose.

That goes for just about any MMO you play. The EULAs clearly state that they can terminate the service at any time for any reason they want.

I tend to more believe you purchased the PLEX on one of your other accounts and transfered it over via trying to play the corp card and it just did not work out for you.

There is a team at CCP that just works on finding and eliminating RMT'ers etc from the game, they work hard, they have the onerous task of dealing with all the 'real' dishonesty in the game, or trying to, as such they have to catch people who use increasingly complex methods of trying to circumvent their detection methods.

It just seems to me that the OP tried to 'hide' their 'purchases' via a method that made it look like an in game corporate theft. Imagine for a moment that the Corp founder/ceo purchased a few billions of isk from an RMT'er, then used the isk to purchase plex's and stored them in a corp hanger. now, members need permissions to access those corp hangers, so all that has to be done is for the intended end user of the plexes to be given access to the corp hangers, the end user then can claim that he has scammed the corp by 'stealing' the plexes from them. The Corp founder/ceo is probably just a 'disposable' toon used to carry out these 'transactions' it doesn't cost much after all to setup a corp, and the 'stealing' operation can be carried out several times, until the operation is eventually discovered. It would be interesting to know how many times that Corp had had plexes 'stolen' from them image

CCP have a reputation of being absolutely ruthless with people who breach the EULA in this fashion, particularly in relation to RMT, they are fairly open about their methods, you can probably still find their speeches from these departments on the Eve fanfest youtube vids. Afaik they do not ban accounts until they are absolutely certain that they are correct to do so. In my long experience with CCP and Eve, while i may have questioned their methods with some things - unified inventory being imo a complete PITA, i've found them to be fair in their dealings with players.image

This discussion has been closed.