Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP did it again. After cheating by devs, accounts got banned for stealing items from a DEVS friend

TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

Hi Guys,

just for your Information:

I am tired of typing all of this again and again, so here is my story (summed up):

1. Mid October 2014 I wanted to Login to EVE Online to play with my accounts (I had 3 accounts)

2. All of my accounts got banned with the reason "ISK Buying"

3. After raising my initial ticket, I got the following respond weeks (!!!) later:

2014-11-04 22:10 GMT+01:00 EVE Online Customer Support support@eveonline.com

Hi,

the illegitimate Transaction I would like to learn more about is from your character ******* - you joined a corporation and withrew 10 Plex from a coorp Hangar. I doubt you bought those 10 Plex, given methods through which those PLEX were originally obtained.

Best regards,

CCP Peligro

Team Security

Really? Really CCP? You doubt I bought those 10 Plex? Doubt? Doubt is enough for you to bann all of my 3 accounts without contacting me (paying customer) first? Doubt is enough for you to close 1 year of paying subscription fees for nothing? DOUBT?

Stealing items (Plex) from a coorp Hangar ingame is enough for you to bann 3 of my accounts?

Here is my respond to Peligros mail. Keep in mind that I didnt know for weeks why my account actually got banned! If you raise a ticket to CCP it can take weeks/months until they respond (except you are stuck ingame or something, then they will respond sooner):

"Peligro,

now I understand all the Trouble.

Please tell me why you did not ask me before simply banning my accounts. I herewith confirm that I never bought ISK (which was the ban reason for my accounts). I have stolen the plex that **** got in Jita and never logged in again with that character.

Since I assume that the corporate I have stolen the 10 Plex from opened a petition against me to get my accounts banned or to get the 10 plex back, here is my respond to that: I will not give it back. If they are not able to protect their ingame assets, then ist not my fault. You can be anything ingame, a miner, a criminal, its part of the game."

Today (about 2 months after I opened the ticket) I got the following respond to my ticket above:

November 12 - 2014:

"Greetings,

Since the Investigation has concluded that those accounts involved were acting in Violation of our EULA,

we will now be closing this ticket.

Regards,

CCP Grimmi

Team Secuirty

CCP"

Í just read the EULA again and in no sentence is written that stealing ingame items will cause your account to get banned.

EVE Online already got uninstalled by me about 1.5 months ago, when I googled and read that I was not the only one who got threated this way.

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Wait! You stole from corp hangar and got banned for that??? Since when does ccp police EVE for theftt???

Something is fishy.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I thought the point of that game was to screw over as many people as possible. Strange to get banned for stealing out of a guild vault.

Pretty much considered " at risk" with whomever you give access to. And that is in every game.

• FinsterwaldFinsterwald Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by TheChronic

Hi Guys,

just for your Information:

I am tired of typing all of this again and again, so here is my story (summed up):

1. Mid October 2014 I wanted to Login to EVE Online to play with my accounts (I had 3 accounts)

2. All of my accounts got banned with the reason "ISK Buying"

3. After raising my initial ticket, I got the following respond weeks (!!!) later:

2014-11-04 22:10 GMT+01:00 EVE Online Customer Support support@eveonline.com

Hi,

the illegitimate Transaction I would like to learn more about is from your character ******* - you joined a corporation and withrew 10 Plex from a coorp Hangar. I doubt you bought those 10 Plex, given methods through which those PLEX were originally obtained.

Best regards,

CCP Peligro

Team Security

Really? Really CCP? You doubt I bought those 10 Plex? Doubt? Doubt is enough for you to bann all of my 3 accounts without contacting me (paying customer) first? Doubt is enough for you to close 1 year of paying subscription fees for nothing? DOUBT?

Stealing items (Plex) from a coorp Hangar ingame is enough for you to bann 3 of my accounts?

Here is my respond to Peligros mail. Keep in mind that I didnt know for weeks why my account actually got banned! If you raise a ticket to CCP it can take weeks/months until they respond (except you are stuck ingame or something, then they will respond sooner):

"Peligro,

now I understand all the Trouble.

Please tell me why you did not ask me before simply banning my accounts. I herewith confirm that I never bought ISK (which was the ban reason for my accounts). I have stolen the plex that **** got in Jita and never logged in again with that character.

Since I assume that the corporate I have stolen the 10 Plex from opened a petition against me to get my accounts banned or to get the 10 plex back, here is my respond to that: I will not give it back. If they are not able to protect their ingame assets, then ist not my fault. You can be anything ingame, a miner, a criminal, its part of the game."

Today (about 2 months after I opened the ticket) I got the following respond to my ticket above:

November 12 - 2014:

"Greetings,

Since the Investigation has concluded that those accounts involved were acting in Violation of our EULA,

we will now be closing this ticket.

Regards,

CCP Grimmi

Team Secuirty

CCP"

Í just read the EULA again and in no sentence is written that stealing ingame items will cause your account to get banned.

EVE Online already got uninstalled by me about 1.5 months ago, when I googled and read that I was not the only one who got threated this way.

This is a joke and very familar to me. But you can be happy, my ticket "got solved"/responded to after 3 months lol.

I can also confirm that stealing ingame items IS NOT against Eula, thats for sure.

Seems like some ingame players got good connections to CCP my friend ;-))

I feel sorry for you though.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

>>....given methods through which those PLEX were originally obtained.....>>

Lets hear more about this remark by the dev. He hints that you or the corp or someone did not obtain the PLEX "the normal way" .

All these "i got banned" posts rarely tell the full story.

CCP has deducted illegally obtained in-game money from player wallets in the past ... often DEEP into the minus ISK range, which would take the player months to get back into the plus range. Its their way of retroactively punishing cheaters and bots.

I do not rule out that you ARE a victim here ... i remember the "T20" dev scandal all too well. But its better to hear the full story.

Have fun

One question though: Did you ask them for the evidence? I doubt the devs are simply allowed to ban your accounts without real evidence. Regardless of that: They would need some kind of PayPal Transaction logs to proove that you bought ISK outside of the game and I highly doubt that  they got anything like that.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Finsterwald

One question though: Did you ask them for the evidence? I doubt the devs are simply allowed to ban your accounts without real evidence. Regardless of that: They would need some kind of PayPal Transaction logs to proove that you bought ISK outside of the game and I highly doubt that  they got anything like that.

Here is my respond to the closed ticket:

Summary: "- - TICKET ESCALATION - REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE - -"

CCP,

in Addition to my previous tickets that have been closed by you without my confirmation:

I herewith request the evidence for the reason that you banned all of my accounts mapped to the e-Mail ************.

Your reason was "ISK-Buying" and I already told you that character ***** has stolen the plex from the coorp Hangar in JITA.

You can confirm the fact above by checking your server transaction logfiles for all involed characters.

again: Where is the evidence that I bought ISK outside of EVE online?

Please do not close this ticket without my confirmation. "Doubts" or "assumptions" are not enough to ban customer accounts and stealing ingame items is not against your EULA".

I request the edvidence."

• necoonecoo Member Posts: 16
    As much as I think you are an ass for stealing items I am on your side in this. Stealing in game items using means provided within the game itself is not something that should be a ban-able offense... It is like killing someone in Darkfall and taking their items, it is just part of the game. Punishment for such acts should be handled by other players within the game using means provided in the game itself with no assistance from those in the outside world.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Erillion

Lets hear more about this remark by the dev. He hints that you or the corp or someone did not obtain the PLEX "the normal way" .

CCP has deducted illegally obtained in-game money from player wallets in the past ... often DEEP into the minus ISK range, which would take the player months to get back into the plus range. Its their way of retroactively punishing cheaters and bots.

I do not rule out that you ARE a victim here ... i remember the "T20" dev scandal all too well. But its better to hear the full story.

Have fun

1. Large amounts of ISK were traced as coming from ISK sellers.

2. This ISK was then used to purchase PLEX (in an attempt to hide the wealth).

3. The PLEX were then found on the OP's account.

This is why the OP was banned for ISK buying.

Originally posted by Superman0X

Have fun

Aye.

In this case shit happend to the op, even though it was not his fault.

Nevertheless: The customer relationship management of CCP is a joke in this case. You can't just ban players and dont give them the choice to defend themselfs.

A warning or simply "removing" the Plex from the ops account would have been enough here. I'm glad I quit the game a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by Superman0X

No honor amongst thieves ;-)

But i agree, thats not a bannable offense per se IMHO.

Have fun

• ReborncRebornc Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Question is: Are you telling the truth or only an attention whore? Your topic isnt exactly what you are writing so...
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Sorry, but your complaint wont be heard.

What you describe has ALL the tell tale signs of an illigal PLEX transaction. The theft was part of that transaction. Its not like you are the first to do this. You got cought and banned. Deal with it.

Truth is that CCP are VERY good at finding "gold buyers/sellers" (or PLEX buyers/sellers in EVE's case), and they are not going to fold for the old "go cry on a forum" trick either.

Dont f**k with CCP. They will do the same to you!

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

OP creates 2 accounts.

With 1 account buys the isk. Creates corp and invites the other player account to the corp to steal the plex in attempt to launder.

The fact that they banned all 3 accounts leads me to believe that you thought there was no way they could link all 3 accounts together.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

OP creates 2 accounts.

With 1 account buys the isk. Creates corp and invites the other player account to the corp to steal the plex in attempt to launder.

The fact that they banned all 3 accounts leads me to believe that you thought there was no way they could link all 3 accounts together.

Headshot.

Doubt OP listed all information regarding this matter, CCP doesnt ban that easily without a good reason.

Since the OP has no problems posting conversations with devs -if they aren't edited- which IS against the EULA anyway , I am sure he would not have any problems posting the names of his characters and the 'player/corp' he stole from?

He is banned anyway.

Expect all join histories, corp creation histories are pretty close to each other.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Sympathy ... failing to activate. Eve is about fucking people over, it just so happened that you got it from the most powerful source possible. This is like the guy who sues the cops after falling through the roof of the house he is trying to rob.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures

OP creates 2 accounts.

Wrong.

When I played eve online, I created more than 1 account with one e-mail address. And by reading the reply of EVE customer support in the ops thread. You can see that they did not mention anything like the creation of fake accounts, because if that would be the case, then the CCP guys would provide the op that as a reason for getting his accounts banned.

Its obvious that CCP simply banned him for assuming that he bought the Plex outside of the game. Its pretty easy for CCP to know from which IP address or credit card accounts are created.

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Reading stories and threads about EVE is better than watching reality TV. The absence of ethics among the players and developers only adds to the enjoyment.

Totally

OP creates 2 accounts.

Umm, no? All of my active 3 accounts that got banned where linked to the same credit card /address.

I had 1 pvp alt and 2 mining alts. The guy who invited me to the coorp was not banned. So I assume that he had any kind of relationship with CCP Peligro who got me banned. Thats the reason for my topic summary.

And as I wrote: I guess that the guy who noticed "oh my Plex is gone" and invited me to the coorp was the same guy who raised a ticket to get my accounts banned. So if you think I was the guy as well, then your statement makes no sense to me, sorry.

If CCP bans me for "assumptions" then I can play the same game and put "assumptions" as the name of the summary of my post and share my experience with the community.

CCP, what the fuck where you thinking...

I absolutely believe that the stolen PLEX, bought with illegal cash from ISK sellers/botters (by whoever) should be removed from the game. I understand why CCP is hunting down illegal ISK sellers and trace the money.

However, if the OP - who stole these PLEX (which is allowed in EVE) - should get banned without warning ..... that sounds a bit harsh, even for CCP.  Remove the PLEX, but let him keep the account ... sounds like a better solution in my opinion.

But the point is moot anyway .. as I understand it the OP won't play EVE anymore ...

Have fun

I absolutely believe that the stolen PLEX, bought with illegal cash from ISK sellers/botters (by whoever) should be removed from the game. I understand why CCP is hunting down illegal ISK sellers and trace the money.

However, if the OP - who stole these PLEX (which is allowed in EVE) - should get banned without warning ..... that sounds a bit harsh, even for CCP.  Remove the PLEX, but let him keep the account ... sounds like a better solution in my opinion.

But the point is moot anyway .. as I understand it the OP won't play EVE anymore ...

Have fun

thats exactly my point.

I mean I maybe even gave those damn Plex back to the guy who was not able to protect his stuff ingame (setup of coorp hangar access rules) to avoid getting my accounts banned.

They didnt even try to contact me or give me a warning or something like that. Imagine you try to Login to your account and read "BANNED for ISK-Buying". Great Feeling, believe me. Then you Google and read that CCP takes weeks to respond to your tickets.

Have fun

thats exactly my point.

I mean I maybe even gave those damn Plex back to the guy who was not able to protect his stuff ingame (setup of coorp hangar access rules) to avoid getting my accounts banned.

They didnt even try to contact me or give me a warning or something like that. Imagine you try to Login to your account and read "BANNED for ISK-Buying". Great Feeling, believe me. Then you Google and read that CCP takes weeks to respond to your tickets.

Sorry, I dont agree with you.

If CCP did that to me, there would be no way for me to return to the game. You cant ban players without an evidence or for stealing stuff ingame.

Whats next? Accounts banned for destroying a helpless miner? Come on.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Ccp has a history of punishing isk buyers by putting them in isk debt. Happened to my buddy when he got caught buying isk. Had a few billion in the red.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Exactly why I never play the game anymore. Too much drama in it with dev's and their friends. I would think twice about this and that the OP did do something wrong, but there has been way to many instances of dev's always helping their friends out.

It is a good game and I love the pvp in it. But when developers take sides in game, just makes it hard to take the game serious and waste my money on it. 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Finsterwald

Have fun

thats exactly my point.

Sorry, I dont agree with you.

If CCP did that to me, there would be no way for me to return to the game. You cant ban players without an evidence or for stealing stuff ingame.

Whats next? Accounts banned for destroying a helpless miner? Come on.

Typically actions like this are done to REMOVE people from the game. They really don't want them back. Everyone would be happier if the people who were perm banned didn't come back.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    The title of this thread is based on absolutely nothing in regards to you being banned because you stole from a devs friend corp. You have absolutely no proof of that.

You're just spreading poison because you RMT and got busted. Seriously dude, how much more could is cost to just but plex from ccp instead of gold farmers.

One thing is guaranteed in EVE, if you buy from gold farmers you will get caught.

I seriously doubt any corp will leave 8 billion ISK work of PLEX just lying around where anybody could access it.

Who is the corp. Who are the characters that are friends of CCP that you mention in the title of your post. What's your character names that got banned. Is 10 plex all you stole? Certainly a player who supposedly bought that much isk off of gold sellers wouldn't leave it sitting around for anybody to grab. Your story smells funny brah.

This discussion has been closed.