Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little disappointed.

2»

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol indeed, but it's blue, it should be a easy!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Bannuk
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Also, its the first raid of the first tier of the expansion. This is the raid thats meant to be done with blue dungeon gear, were you expecting it to be super mega impossible hard?

Yes.  But then we are talking about WoW.  It has never required skill or been hard.  That might actually make 6 million subscribers rage quit.  God forbid the every kid gets a trophy generation actually have to work for anything.

The really sad part is the playerbase has actually come to expect to have have their hands held and still think they are bad ass and never have earned a damned thing.  No challenge should bore you to death, but oh no! Not for a WoW fanboi!  Being given rewards for very little to no true effort is no accomplishment at all, but it's EXPECTED.   Sad, so sad.

Cliche and sweeping statements much?

It amazes me that people can make sweeping statements about a player base they neither seem to know or understand as well as a game in the same vein. I have been a player since the beginning, raider in Vanilla/BC turned casual player from wrath onwards, but my boys are now raiders instead and anyone that believes that the top tier end game raids are handing stuff out on a silver platter obviously hasn't been there.

Blizzard offered accessibility to a wider range of the community to raiding which i fail to understand how this is a bad thing, but they have also ramped up the mechanics for those that enjoy a challenge and each is rewarded accordingly. Anyone questing in this expansion will also know that the PvE threat has been increased back to yesteryear levels, it has been a long, long time since i died just questing and this has happened a couple of times in this expansion.

Read 'accessibility' as 'hand holding' or 'simplicity' if it pleases you in some way, but the people that actually play the game know the truth of it.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Lol indeed, but it's blue, it should be a easy!

Its normal entry to raid level and yes it should be easy (color pf gear is irrelevant). It gives players the feel of strategy and prepare them for heroic and mythic raids.

But hey keep beating the dead horse. Its only been 10 years..here to another 10 years of obsessing over WOW. image

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

I thought I would give a update, my guild is now 6/7 Heroic, the "Heroic" version was quite a bit harder but nothing special.

I think this new system moving normal to flex and heroic to normal was just to dumb down difficulty all together. I could be wrong, but it seems that way to a veteran raider.

If you think I'm lying PM and I'll give you my Toon name and meet you on server (Proudmoore)

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Serenes

I thought I would give a update, my guild is now 6/7 Heroic, the "Heroic" version was quite a bit harder but nothing special.

I think this new system moving normal to flex and heroic to normal was just to dumb down difficulty all together. I could be wrong, but it seems that way to a veteran raider.

If you think I'm lying PM and I'll give you my Toon name and meet you on server (Proudmoore)

Being 6/7 on Heroic at this point in time is nothing special.  Heroic is the normal version of past expansions.  Will wait on your update for mythic completion.  

Look, it's not very difficult to understand.  Blizzard tries to appeal to gamers of ALL levels.  They want to offer the raid experience to gamers of ALL levels.  You are currently attacking the normal difficulty level for casual, not noobish, players.  If you want hardcore and think that this setting is too easy for you, then mythic is what you will be looking for.  

Again, claiming to be a WoW fangirl for years and not knowing how Blizzard has set up its raid tiers is a bit dubious, to say the least.  It reminds me of that thread a few weeks back where a poster linked a video of somone complaining of the ease of participating in a flex raid.  Well...duh.  Flex raids were meant to be easy.  It's not an indictment of the difficult of WoW as a whole.  

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

The fact that all those words you just regurgitated shows you know nothing about how the raiding scene is right now. Flex doesn't dumb anything down. It scales according to the number you have in the raid. Flex 10 is no harder than Flex 25. Flex 25 is no harder than Flex 10.

Secondly Heroic isn't what you can consider old Heroic. Old Heroic content is now what you should consider Mythic content. If you don't even know this, then you're simply getting carried hard as if you don't know something as basic as this information, then I don't see how you can even raid at any real competent level.

Please stop posting. You think you have figured it out but you didn't. Read the two posts above me because i don't want to repeat what they already wrote.

Also what will it take for the devs to make it 'special for you'? the difficulty scale is fine. From normal to heroic it i gets like you said 'quite  a bit harder'. Just the way it should be. As you progress further it will get even more difficult. Let me know when you sart doing mythic.

I guess some of you have such huge epeens that no dev can satisfy you.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Don't use DBM and see how long it takes people to clear content.

Seriously, Having massive text on the screen saying "Simon says" turns everything into easy mode.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

Game is on.

For the first time since Lich king it will be a fair fight between the best guilds, as 10/25 are gone. The best 25 man guild Mythic against world best 10 man guild Paragon. Thats another good thing in this expansion, I never understand that 10/25 separation thing.

----

----

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    I'm sorry but complaining about difficulty being too easy when your guild is 6/7 Normal is frankly just stupid.

Because spending huge amounts of time doing the exact same thing except with higher damage levels is somehow meaningful?

People are really drinking the Blizzard supplied kool-aide if they buy into the idea that they have to work through raids at Normal, then work through the exact same thing at Heroic and then once again work through the exact same thing at Mythic. 

My advice to the OP. Work through Normal Highmaul and then unsubscribe until the next raid tier is released. 

Originally posted by sirchive
    I'm sorry but complaining about difficulty being too easy when your guild is 6/7 Normal is frankly just stupid.

Because spending huge amounts of time doing the exact same thing except with higher damage levels is somehow meaningful?

People are really drinking the Blizzard supplied kool-aide if they buy into the idea that they have to work through raids at Normal, then work through the exact same thing at Heroic and then once again work through the exact same thing at Mythic. 

My advice to the OP. Work through Normal Highmaul and then unsubscribe until the next raid tier is released. 

If you don't understand how raiding works in WoW, what makes you think anyone cares about your opinion? If you think the only thing the harder difficulty modes do in raids is increased damage and health pools then your opinion is already invalid.

Heroic(and now Mythic) adds new mechanics which in turn requires tighter timing above just simply more damage going out and higher health pools.

Originally posted by sirchive

Yes because WOW is the only game which release 2 to 3 tiers of difficulty for its dungeons and raids right? and a lot more goes into it than just increased HP. You would know that if you play the game.

People spread mis information about WOW, someone tries to correct them so it must be the kool aide.nice logic you got there.

Um I honestly don't know why so many of you are getting so mad. I wanted to talk about a concern of mine  in the game. You don't have to agree but I also doubt you are  in a high end raiding guild.  My entire guild and a few of the other top guilds on the server find the content to be lacking.

even if this is the new "normal" it's still easy.

ask some of the top guilds on your server .

Um I honestly don't know why so many of you are getting so mad. I wanted to talk about a concern of mine  in the game. You don't have to agree but I also doubt you are  in a high end raiding guild.  My entire guild and a few of the other top guilds on the server find the content to be lacking.

You don't get it, the hardest content out right now isn't really all that hard. When mythic content drops on the 14th, that will be when people can judge actual difficult content.

Also, just an fyi. 1 relevant reason why so many guilds are able to down the bosses so quick is most of them tested the bosses during Beta. When you already beat the bosses during testing, its no wonder you're gonna burn through them quickly when they're released. The strats for the fights have already been known for quite sometime. Blizzard really should have the capacity to do in house testing and not have to rely on putting them up on PTR to get tested.

Maybe because the raiding isn't even completely patched in yet? how can you not know that if you are in a high raiding guild? 

I don't see anyone getting mad but trying to correct the false information. What you are doing right now is testing the waters. Once mythic is in then tell me how good are you because i am 100% sure that just like Garrosh in last patch only handful of guilds will be able to do it till the launch of next content update.

And i would very much like to see how you and your guild does..keep us updated.

I'm quite aware that mythic is the new Heroic but it will not change the dumbed down mechanics of these encounters.

Like I said if Heroic is the new normal then the content is still on the easy side.
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by deniter
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

Completely understand you OP. The reason for I quit WoW two years ago. 

Got tired of welfare epics for everyone, raid-quality badge loot that you can get doing 5 mans, 10 mans straight out dropping loot and achievements equivalent to 25 man and so on. Blizzard can give all the goodies to the casual locust that are ruining the genre for all I care, but they won't have my money, and judging their western subscription data during the last 2 years it seems like I'm not the only one that won't fork a single dime Bli$$ard's way anymore. Not even all the overhype about WoD was enough to bring me back to try it, and the more I hear from people that are playing it, the more I'm glad for it. 

You're not the only one.

I closed my wallet in 2010 and haven't opened it for Bli$$ard ever since, and never will, unless there's a 180 degree turn in their business. I'm not holding my breath, tho..

So you haven't played the VIDEO GAME in FOUR YEARS, but want to pretend you know what your talking about?  You know I will never understand people like you.  You don't play the VIDEO GAME but still feel the need to bash it?  Really?  I haven't played LOTRO in two years I can see no situation where my life is so miserable where I would post on it..

I don't play it I came to a mature healthy decision the game wasn't for me and never looked back, would never cry about it on a forum or pretend I know the current state after not playing for two years let alone four...it's time to close that chapter in your life buddy move on...

I'm quite aware that mythic is the new Heroic but it will not change the dumbed down mechanics of these encounters. Like I said if Heroic is the new normal then the content is still on the easy side.

Hey no offense but the fact you used the hater catch phrases makes me question your credibility .... "Dumbed down". "easy"

Plus in the raid section in the forums not one post about "dumbed down" "easy mode" but there were a few like this...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15537963685

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

The real problem is how they don't train players to play their class properly.

WoW devs and the rest of the MMO devs are really short sighted in this regard. They are creating a virtual reality according to their rules.

Its not simple clicks. Some times you can use more than one ability per GCD. If that's part of the expected rotation to be a pro, then they have to train their players properly.

Stop being lazy MMO devs. Stop adding circles on the group and tiny buffs as gameplay mechanics. Its been done... you need to focus 1. the basics of combat by trinaing your players 2. Expanding with that in an organic way that fits to expand players experience.

If players keep on playing the wrong way, they will want simple game play.

Players don't want to share their secrets about gameplay rotation. Perfect example is fan websites with damage rotations which are garbage. They are straight out lies, or maybe they are just bad players... but... you have to assume these are professionals that dedicated an amount of time to studying the class and possibilities of weaving abilities.

SO CREATE TRAINING DUMMIES FOR EVERY CLASS;

TO PRACTISE PROPER DAMAGE ROTATION,

PRACTISE PROPER COUNTERS TO DIFFERENT SCENERIOS

a) PVP

and

b) RAIDS/PVE

Its so simple to really help the gaming community get what they want. People on average are very capable of doing great things with practice. Give them a chance to excel. Don't make them feel stupid by not teaching them, or dumbing the content down.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Already in the game basically. Just people do not do it.
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    I'm quite aware that mythic is the new Heroic but it will not change the dumbed down mechanics of these encounters. Like I said if Heroic is the new normal then the content is still on the easy side.

Hey no offense but the fact you used the hater catch phrases makes me question your credibility .... "Dumbed down". "easy"

Plus in the raid section in the forums not one post about "dumbed down" "easy mode" but there were a few like this...

Okay, well you know you can look up my post history, and I almost always defend WoW, and consistently say that there is a challenge in WoW if you look for it. I argue that WoW high end raiding scene was still healthy and had difficulty.

Also, look at the many people who posted below that guy saying how the content was not that hard and low item levels did not matter.  If you have DPS with 630+ you should have no problems with Heroic Highmaul, if you hit enrage timers then it is because your DPS is pulling crap DPS, not that the boss is hard.

Originally posted by Tasslehoff35

Okay, well you know you can look up my post history, and I almost always defend WoW, and consistently say that there is a challenge in WoW if you look for it. I argue that WoW high end raiding scene was still healthy and had difficulty.t

Also, look at the many people who posted below that guy saying how the content was not that hard and low item levels did not matter.  If you have DPS with 630+ you should have no problems with Heroic Highmaul, if you hit enrage timers then it is because your DPS is pulling crap DPS, not that the boss is hard.

Ok nowhere in that post does it say 630+ should have no problem in heroic.  A matter of fact there were post like this..."630 was fine on normal but you would get crushed on heroic".  Are you sure you read my link?  For normal players according to that post the difficulty is right on.  For those like you maybe who's guilds ran the raids in beta and think of themselves as high end raiders then just like EVERY expansion you will see the first level raid as easy.  

As I stated no offense was ment, and I don't look at everyone's post history I reply to.  The fact that on the wow forums this isn't an issue and the forums aren't screaming about it kinda leans towards normal is normal difficulty and heroic will be harder... Exactly how it's supposed to be and has been forever...