Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if Wow and CoD had a baby...

PVTPetersonPVTPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 22

it would be the next billionaire.

Seriously, why hasn't any gaming company maintained a game like this? It would be a MMO.FPS.RPG

You would have the races/monsters/crafting/money/storyline of Wow

With the fps/weaponselection/pvp of CoD

I know fallen earth tried it. but it was meh.

personally i want to snipe a dragon with a m110 sniper rifle.

We need a really good one to both CoD and WoW standards.

It seems like that field of games is really being avoided right now, everyones too afraid that they will offend the RPGers and the FPSers at the same time.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
  • Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Phry

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    well, they kind of try that with Destiny ... and it is like meh ...
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Originally posted by Zarf42

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

No thanks.  I hate FPS games.  Keep them away from my MMOs.

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Not cod and not wow, but think a sandbox game like UO with mount n blade combat...
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

If done right it could be alot of fun.

I would love to see a really well done MMOFPS (I havent tried destiny which alot of people tell me is pretty good) but I would like to see Battlefield series type FPS flipped into an MMO

Oh and OP good luck with this thread, the denizens of MMORPG.com hate everythingggggg and ontop of that mountain of hate is anything popular with the masses so you just brought up arguably two of the most popular games in their genres....so yeah you just invoked the idea of the MMORPG.com anti-christ being born lol.

Now had you said EQ/Ultima/SWG baby you would be crowned king of General Discussion! lol

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Daikuru

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

TL;DR

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by Daikuru

• joeadamjoeadam Member Posts: 31

Wow is a 3rd person shooter in my opinion because character building in it is irrelevant. If someone is beating you, just inspect their build and steal it like in diablo 3.

You only compete in button tapping and not character building for that reason.

Personally I look for more in my mmo rpgs, I expect competition to be paramount with it being multiplayer and I expect character building to be fundamental with it being a rpg so it cant have a non optional inspect feature otherwise its ruined and just becomes another clone shooter.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

is the answer

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Firefall comes close I would think.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413

Call of Warcraft -

Second 1 - you click join dungeon button.

second 2 - boss pops out from behind pillar

second 3 - you press button

second 4 - loot flies to you through air, gets enchanted and equipped

second 5 - auto leave dungeon + score screen

Originally posted by Varex12

No thanks.  I hate FPS games.  Keep them away from my MMOs.

Yes please. I like FPS games. Integrating FPS and MMOs may be fun.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198

A game like Hexon would be awesome.  Hell I would love to see a Fantasy themed Battlefield.  

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Velifax

Call of Warcraft -

Second 1 - you click join dungeon button.

second 2 - boss pops out from behind pillar

second 3 - you press button

second 4 - loot flies to you through air, gets enchanted and equipped

second 5 - auto leave dungeon + score screen

with the option to pay $$$ to skip the grind... image

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

COD is based on modern spit weapons like rifles and machine guns,WOW is based on Fantasy,they would not mix although Blizz seems to do a bad job at establishing any realistic LORE jumping all over the place with LORE.

COD is also a bit of tactics based,Wow is just linear questing,so both games are far different and one idea does not work with the other.Sure you could  linear quest till bored then the next day hit a fps war front but that is just the problem,you would be doing either or so why even bother to mix the game?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GediasGedias Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by krage

If done right it could be alot of fun.

I would love to see a really well done MMOFPS (I havent tried destiny which alot of people tell me is pretty good) but I would like to see Battlefield series type FPS flipped into an MMO

Oh and OP good luck with this thread, the denizens of MMORPG.com hate everythingggggg and ontop of that mountain of hate is anything popular with the masses so you just brought up arguably two of the most popular games in their genres....so yeah you just invoked the idea of the MMORPG.com anti-christ being born lol.

Now had you said EQ/Ultima/SWG baby you would be crowned king of General Discussion! lol

LOL, so true!

Originally posted by Wizardry

COD is also a bit of tactics based,Wow is just linear questing,so both games are far different and one idea does not work with the other.

Not the campaign. COD single player campaign is as linear (although with really high production values) as you can get.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GandoresGandores Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by YoungCaesar
    Not cod and not wow, but think a sandbox game like UO with mount n blade combat...

I would have one hell of a nerdgasm if some studio came up with this.  Would also be perfect for a full loot owpvp mmo since weaponry and gear isnt everything.

Hell, i saw a rly skilled player the other day take on 3 armoured guys, equipped only with his underwears and a short sword, and win lol. it was awesome to watch.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by Gandores
    Originally posted by YoungCaesar

I would have one hell of a nerdgasm if some studio came up with this.  Would also be perfect for a full loot owpvp mmo since weaponry and gear isnt everything.

Hell, i saw a rly skilled player the other day take on 3 armoured guys, equipped only with his underwears and a short sword, and win lol. it was awesome to watch.

Mortal Online promised this...they didn't deliver, but they promised...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.