Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long until WoD's on sale?

HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

I've only played WoW casually, and usually only pop back in if there is a sale or deal.

Historically, how long do you estimate before Blizzard puts WoD on sale (at least 50% off)?

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

Comments

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    A year from now?  That seems logical.  (And I think that is when GW2 first went 50% off).

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi
    A year from now?  That seems logical.  (And I think that is when GW2 first went 50% off).

Wait for a year or wait till next expansion.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

MoP went 50% off the same year it was released that christmas, on amazon at least. Wouldn't surprise me if WoD did too.

Edit: To me, WoD was only worth the 50$ pre-sale cause of the boost. After presale offer, it should only be worth 40$ max. Sure the story is great, but who only plays a mmorpg for the story? seriously....

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Albatroes

MoP went 50% off the same year it was released that christmas, on amazon at least. Wouldn't surprise me if WoD did too.

Edit: To me, WoD was only worth the 50$ pre-sale cause of the boost. After presale offer, it should only be worth 40$ max. Sure the story is great, but who only plays a mmorpg for the story? seriously....

If it has a great story I would.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

I fell out of my chair laughing at this post...

The free character boost to 90 is available to ANYONE who purchases WoD.  It's not a pre-purchase exclusive... only thing pre-purchase did was allow you to boost your toon PRIOR to the release of WoD.

And MoP NEVER went 50% off in it's first year of release... you may have seen a sale in the second year... remember MoP released in 2012.

It will be at least a year before you see any substantial sale on WoD. 

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

The price will not go lower till Christmas. After that it will go downhill as always.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by zzax

The price will not go lower till Christmas. After that it will go downhill as always.

Maybe..maybe not because MOP didn't go down in price during christmas of 2013. But no matter when and how much the price falls it can't be as bad as the price drop for ESO few months after release.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Pepeq

MoP went 50% off the same year it was released that christmas, on amazon at least. Wouldn't surprise me if WoD did too. Edit: To me, WoD was only worth the 50$ pre-sale cause of the boost. After presale offer, it should only be worth 40$ max. Sure the story is great, but who only plays a mmorpg for the story? seriously....

I fell out of my chair laughing at this post...

The free character boost to 90 is available to ANYONE who purchases WoD.  It's not a pre-purchase exclusive... only thing pre-purchase did was allow you to boost your toon PRIOR to the release of WoD.

And MoP NEVER went 50% off in it's first year of release... you may have seen a sale in the second year... remember MoP released in 2012.

It will be at least a year before you see any substantial sale on WoD. 

Sadly, my order page on amazon would have you mistaken. December 22, 2012. MoP was 19.99$ on amazon.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

There were price reductions on MoP from Blizzard's site in 2012. I think there was a 50% off as well.

Whether these were "limited time offers" - until the next offer! - before a permanent reduction I'm not sure.

And retailers dance to a different beat of course.

I suspect they will wait until after Christmas and maybe after the post-Christmas sales as well .... maybe.

What might prompt a mid-December "limited time" sale would be a fall off in sub numbers once new players 30 day period is up. I feel they would want to avoid threads like: "WoD was a 30 day wonder". And it wouldn't be unheard of - EA has already had 50% off sales on The Sims 4 for example - c. 2 months after it launched.