Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoR: BioWare gives the middle finger to the players

Comments

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Updated the OP with BioWare answer.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

Thank you again for your feedback.

-eric

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Told my guild I would wait with skilling up again until, hopefully, Eric would change his mind.

Glad I did - glad they didn't ignore the "feedback"

Harbinger of Fools
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by pantaro

where was all the complaining during 12X XP when we leveled like crazy and trained skills for free!?!?!?

An people wonder why their threads get trolled.....

You mean the 12x XP on class missions we got AFTER we purchased that expansion?  Stop making it seem like BIOWARE gave everyone 12xp  for the hell of it.. We paid for it with IRL money...

BTW to all the fanbois floating around in this thread, I guess this goes to show you there REALLY was a problem in the first place aye?...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by Tinybina

where was all the complaining during 12X XP when we leveled like crazy and trained skills for free!?!?!?

You mean the 12x XP on class missions we got AFTER we purchased that expansion?  Stop making it seem like BIOWARE gave everyone 12xp  for the hell of it.. We paid for it with IRL money...

BTW to all the fanbois floating around in this thread, I guess this goes to show you there REALLY was a problem in the first place aye?...

It's always cute when people twist your statements around to suit their arguments,good job!

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Glad they are doing something about it , but still people who have spent a lot are now complaining like mad.

Anyway I found isotope 5 vials for sale on the makeb orbital station for 35 basic so even if they aren't on the fleet anymore then you can find them there.

Let's hope they re-fix the first boss bugging out on assault on tython , I have posted in the old thread on the matter today.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I thought the 12 times XP thing was completely ignorant for a MMO, but I didn't complain here because... why? Will the SWTOR Devs read it here? I doubt it. Seems the only things Devs read now is Twitter so why complain at all?

Am I happy with how the released this new Expansion and require us to pay for retraining some of the skills? Nope, I'm not happy about that either, and again I doubt that even if I complained anything would come of it.

My point is this: I have no faith or belief that the Devs of any of the current MMOs, SWTOR included, have any control at all because some bean counter is telling them what to do and bean counters aren't MMO gamers.

That might be why there was no more complaining, because the group that would have complained about the 12 times XP already knows there being ignored.

The group that's complaining NOW hasn't figured out yet that they too are being ignored. Just wait until they wake up to that one. I seriously doubt EA offered to get rid of training costs because Players asked for it... no, I am guessing it was becoming a PR/Press/Social Media problem or a Stock Holder asked for it.

• thektothegthektotheg Member Posts: 2

I unsubscribed and uninstalled over this. It was the final straw. I spent millions on two toons, and I didn't even level that fast. As a pvper, I have little funds to begin with. My reward for trying the new pve content? Credits I'll never get back that most of the population will never have to pay. 

The thing that sent me sideways, was that people realized it shouldn't be so expensive, and made eaware aware, hence the second dev post. They assured players that this was working as intended (typical). and then changed completely like two days later. 

I was a serious fiend for this game.  I had 12 55s and a bunch of toons in the mid range prior to the early access. I played from beta on with only a couple months missed total. All 55's fully pvp geared. The game is run really badly, but it's fun. After that, though, I guess I finally got the clean break I wanted. I'll never play it again. So, I would say this was a pretty serious issue for at least one player. ha 

Par for the course with Eaware.

I'm surprised how much more I'm enjoying GW2 this time around. So, I got that going for me. lol

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by thektotheg

I unsubscribed and uninstalled over this. It was the final straw. I spent millions on two toons, and I didn't even level that fast. As a pvper, I have little funds to begin with. My reward for trying the new pve content? Credits I'll never get back that most of the population will never have to pay. 

The thing that sent me sideways, was that people realized it shouldn't be so expensive, and made eaware aware, hence the second dev post. They assured players that this was working as intended (typical). and then changed completely like two days later. 

I was a serious fiend for this game.  I had 12 55s and a bunch of toons in the mid range prior to the early access. I played from beta on with only a couple months missed total. All 55's fully pvp geared. The game is run really badly, but it's fun. After that, though, I guess I finally got the clean break I wanted. I'll never play it again. So, I would say this was a pretty serious issue for at least one player. ha 

I'm surprised how much more I'm enjoying GW2 this time around. So, I got that going for me. lol

Can I have your stuff? Oh wait you don't really have any, despite having 12 toons to run dailies and tradeskill with. Not to mention the money you make from pvp. I can make a couple hundred thousand creds in a full day of PVP and with nothing to spend creds on in PVP how is this such a big deal? Go lvl more toons and you can make a ton just from the quests on Rishi and Yavin.

A good portion of this thread seems like complainers looking for something to complain about.

• thektothegthektotheg Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Calgor

Can I have your stuff? Oh wait you don't really have any, despite having 12 toons to run dailies and tradeskill with. Not to mention the money you make from pvp. I can make a couple hundred thousand creds in a full day of PVP and with nothing to spend creds on in PVP how is this such a big deal? Go lvl more toons and you can make a ton just from the quests on Rishi and Yavin.

A good portion of this thread seems like complainers looking for something to complain about.

Yeah, I'm guessing you have 12 toons in the 20 - 35 range. haha. Get over yourself, brah. Gearing and fully auging that many toons is not cheap. Obviously, you weren't affected by this. People that noticed the problem, were duped by EaWare.

Since you didn't read what I said, your opinion isn't relevant. I pvp. I don't do dailies. I do the part of the game I enjoy. Since you're a carebear you probably wouldn't get it, but doing nothing but pvp = broke in this game. Could I do other things? Yes. I'm not going to, though, because I paid my sub to do what I wanted to do.

None of that has anything to do with this, really, because the real issue is that Eaware lied and duped players. I hope someday they rob all the level 30s, so you can feel it, too. hahaha

Yeah, I'm guessing you have 12 toons in the 20 - 35 range. haha. Get over yourself, brah. Gearing and fully auging that many toons is not cheap. Obviously, you weren't affected by this. People that noticed the problem, were duped by EaWare.

Since you didn't read what I said, your opinion isn't relevant. I pvp. I don't do dailies. I do the part of the game I enjoy. Since you're a carebear you probably wouldn't get it, but doing nothing but pvp = broke in this game. Could I do other things? Yes. I'm not going to, though, because I paid my sub to do what I wanted to do.

None of that has anything to do with this, really, because the real issue is that Eaware lied and duped players. I hope someday they rob all the level 30s, so you can feel it, too. hahaha

I have 4 60's and 9 more toons waiting at 55 for me to finish grinding my Elite Warlord main a set of Dark Reaver gear brah. But hey brah I get it, its about honor, and even if you can make good credits in PVP with nothing to spend them on, so they should be racking up quite nicely with the tons of PVP you do (unless you are one of those that think "I do BOTH dailies and that makes hardcore" which I am betting is the case), they lied and that makes it too much for someone as honorable as you. Despite the fact that doing ANYTHING in SWTOR makes you easy credits they lied to you, it was a horrible, horrible lie that makes them the lyingest liars to ever lie a lie and you should never go back to that terrible game again. But if you do what will those 6 pvp matches a day do without you?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

You're playing TOR as a PVP game and are calling others "carebear"? image

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Distopia

I unsubscribed and uninstalled over this. It was the final straw. I spent millions on two toons, and I didn't even level that fast. As a pvper, I have little funds to begin with. My reward for trying the new pve content? Credits I'll never get back that most of the population will never have to pay.    The thing that sent me sideways, was that people realized it shouldn't be so expensive, and made eaware aware, hence the second dev post. They assured players that this was working as intended (typical). and then changed completely like two days later.    I was a serious fiend for this game.  I had 12 55s and a bunch of toons in the mid range prior to the early access. I played from beta on with only a couple months missed total. All 55's fully pvp geared. The game is run really badly, but it's fun. After that, though, I guess I finally got the clean break I wanted. I'll never play it again. So, I would say this was a pretty serious issue for at least one player. ha    Par for the course with Eaware.   I'm surprised how much more I'm enjoying GW2 this time around. So, I got that going for me. lol

You're playing TOR as a PVP game and are calling others "carebear"? image

I find it ironic that he would call someone a carebear after all the whining he has done in this thread about credits.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    The only wallets that's of significant meaning to an F2P game that's doing a whaling strategy (which is most F2P games these days, SoR included) are the whales' wallets.  They could care less if everyone else voted with their wallet and left.  Hell, the business model plans for it.  Sure, the whales will eventually leave too if no one else plays the game but by then they'd already have the money anyways.  Again, the business model plans for that.

So then the whole mmo genre is doomed? Cause I can only think of four MMOs which are not f2p - wow ESO ffxiv and eve.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• maxjeniusmaxjenius Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by fivoroth

So then the whole mmo genre is doomed? Cause I can only think of four MMOs which are not f2p - wow ESO ffxiv and eve.

Yes, as we know, all games are doomed to failure the moment they enter open beta.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by BarCrow
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    This is just wrong!!!! There is no question to that, if your char had a skill you paid for or bought with RL money, you should not have to pay again. Just WOW!!!!

EXCEPT....the op is lying.  This is not an issue and the OP made it up.  If this were an issue the Swtor forums would be up in arms about it.  Instead not ONE THREAD about it on the forums.  

Its clear the OP was just hoping he could find someone gullible enough to believe him.  

Well buddy he got you hook, line and sinker.  

In the future I would recommend you do a little research before believing a random poster on the Internet.  

Maybe it's not an issue for you and maybe it's not on the forums. But it is still an issue. Plenty of people were discussing it..initially..in game chat when I was playing. It is an issue for me. Tho not game-breaking I still feel there is enough grind that we shouldn't have to possibly re-grind to pay for stuff we already paid for...and go so far as to say, regarding changed or newly introduced abilities, we shouldn't have to potentially have to grind to pay for stuff we..in all likelihood..would have already purchased having already met the level requirements.

But..it is what it is. So say we all. oops..wrong I.P.

Other people have mentioned that no other mmo does this when the respec is a forced one. I certainly have never encountered this in other mmos. I play Marvel Heroes as well and they are always changing shite around. They also are always giving out respec potions as rewards. I still have 39 respec potions from rewards. The exact amount I've been given. I've never had to use one for a forced respec in that game b/c they always gave them free of charge ...for no ingame money or cash shop potion charge...whenever they made ability changes.

Ok I was commenting on how the guy in green, believes the OP that if you paid REAL MONEY for an ability its gone and you have to pay REAL MONEY again.  That is the lie and thats what i was referring to.  I was not referring to having to spend 150K ingame currency to relearn a few abilities.  

More misleading information by the OP.  Once you log in you pay maybe 150K on abilities you used to have, sure i can understand the questioning this.  But to go on and claim the upgrades fall into this is factually inaccurate and misleading.  Since day one you had to pay for upgraded abilities and this is no different.  

sorry for the late response. OK. Got you. I wasn't aware that the poster was thinking real money. If that's the case. I do still think that even repaying game money for ground already covered is still ridiculous. 

Happy Life Day!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

A few years ago you used to make some decent credits in PVP. Wish they'd kept it that way.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

...because no amount of abuse or wrongheaded development is punished by the players. This Game continues to be a travesty because they enjoy large numbers of users. Stop playing, get your guild to stop playing, get as many people to quit as possible,  and then maybe you might see something happen. Bioware has no incentive to do even minor tweaks to stuff they have already enacted, because they know no one will actually leave.

Just about anything that could have been done to abuse the players has been done, and the players keep coming back for more. If you play SWTOR you deserve what you get.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Originally posted by Archlyte

...because no amount of abuse or wrongheaded development is punished by the players. This Game continues to be a travesty because they enjoy large numbers of users. Stop playing, get your guild to stop playing, get as many people to quit as possible,  and then maybe you might see something happen. Bioware has no incentive to do even minor tweaks to stuff they have already enacted, because they know no one will actually leave.

Just about anything that could have been done to abuse the players has been done, and the players keep coming back for more. If you play SWTOR you deserve what you get.

Stop playing a game I like to play because a few whiners who hardly ever play are whining? Nah, the people who can't bother to play enough to make the easy credits will leave and the rest of us will go on playing.

After 3.0 hit I had 3 slicers getting Adaptive Circuitry for the the new augments and one Synthweaver making the new augs and I made 15 million credits in a little over a week. I'd log in and get my slicers companions out on missions and then log out and watch an episode of like Alias or Star Trek (which takes about as much time as the missions take). Then I'd log back in and grab any of the circuitry I got, send them to my Synthweaver to craft into augs, toss the ones I'd made onto the GTN, then after sending my companions back out on slicing missions I'd log out again. Rinse and repeat.

TLDR: I made millions a day while only being in game for a few hours total. So people who can't be bothered to do any one of the things you can do to make easy credits can go find something else to play and it won't hurt the game at all.

Stop playing a game I like to play because a few whiners who hardly ever play are whining? Nah, the people who can't bother to play enough to make the easy credits will leave and the rest of us will go on playing.

After 3.0 hit I had 3 slicers getting Adaptive Circuitry for the the new augments and one Synthweaver making the new augs and I made 15 million credits in a little over a week. I'd log in and get my slicers companions out on missions and then log out and watch an episode of like Alias or Star Trek (which takes about as much time as the missions take). Then I'd log back in and grab any of the circuitry I got, send them to my Synthweaver to craft into augs, toss the ones I'd made onto the GTN, then after sending my companions back out on slicing missions I'd log out again. Rinse and repeat.

TLDR: I made millions a day while only being in game for a few hours total. So people who can't be bothered to do any one of the things you can do to make easy credits can go find something else to play and it won't hurt the game at all.

Well I obviously wasn't talking about you. No I am talking about the people who play SWTOR just because there isn't anything else to play (Star Wars, Burnt out on WoW, etc.). There is always a core audience for any game that is essentially the whipped dog that loves the linear treadmill to nowhere so much that nothing will exercise them from the game.

If you find more than three constant annoyances with SWTOR you should leave. Those will never change.

Well I obviously wasn't talking about you. No I am talking about the people who play SWTOR just because there isn't anything else to play (Star Wars, Burnt out on WoW, etc.). There is always a core audience for any game that is essentially the whipped dog that loves the linear treadmill to nowhere so much that nothing will exercise them from the game.

If you find more than three constant annoyances with SWTOR you should leave. Those will never change.

Why on earth would they change? What fool of a developer is going to tailor their game for the dabblers who only play cause they are bored with some other game? The game hoppers who don't have the attention span to play a single game for more than a few weeks, those who want everything for nothing and they want it all a week ago. Any game made for them would blow goats and isn't going to last  a month. Besides they already have those game, they are called console games.

And you call it a linear treadmill, I call it willing to put some time and effort in to a game to get somewhere as opposed to just getting it handed to you cause you did the one thing once already.

Why on earth would they change? What fool of a developer is going to tailor their game for the dabblers who only play cause they are bored with some other game? The game hoppers who don't have the attention span to play a single game for more than a few weeks, those who want everything for nothing and they want it all a week ago. Any game made for them would blow goats and isn't going to last  a month. Besides they already have those game, they are called console games.

And you call it a linear treadmill, I call it willing to put some time and effort in to a game to get somewhere as opposed to just getting it handed to you cause you did the one thing once already.

Well I enjoyed how you attempted to reframe my description, but the truth is that SWTOR offers one of the most limited end game experiences, and essentially dead ends. That game is the no-context MMO, where everything you do only matters right now in the instance, and then you wake up and go back to the fleet (ship, stronghold, etc.). A few weeks is all you will get out of SWTOR for the average player, so they should just vote with the wallet and leave.

They won't, don't, and cannot change the game to any degree, so you have nothing to worry about. 5 years from now you will be running the same Ops as you work your way to level 150.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    why is it people are making such a big deal about this. That is the price for playing a game as it evolves. I have 5 lvl 60s i had to pay 50k+ on each for skills, but you know what. The expantion added enough that i did not mind. Why must everyone post the bad about EVERYTHING and not the good. It was not a middle finger it was as intended, accept it and get over it OR better yet, quit and shut it.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Gosh some of you who hate the game and never play it sure are making a big deal out of it.

Well I enjoyed how you attempted to reframe my description, but the truth is that SWTOR offers one of the most limited end game experiences, and essentially dead ends. That game is the no-context MMO, where everything you do only matters right now in the instance, and then you wake up and go back to the fleet (ship, stronghold, etc.). A few weeks is all you will get out of SWTOR for the average player, so they should just vote with the wallet and leave.

They won't, don't, and cannot change the game to any degree, so you have nothing to worry about. 5 years from now you will be running the same Ops as you work your way to level 150.

Reframe the discussion? you start out thusly "Well I obviously wasn't talking about you. No I am talking about the people who play SWTOR just because there isn't anything else to play". So ya you were talking about them changing the game to suit those who are dabbling because some other game burned them out. And again I ask why on earth they would change their game for that type of player?

Limited end game experiences? Its right on par with all other MMOs. 9 Operations (Raids), 24 Flashpoints (Dungeons), PVP, Dailies, Crafting/GTN (Auction Hall). I have to wonder if you've ever played an MMO before? I am thinking you haven't because they all dead end to a degree and a lot of them with much less content at endgame that SWTOR. What it comes down to is either you like it or you don't, which is why those who don't leave and the rest of us have fun.

The same OPs? They are always releasing new OPs a couple times a year (averaging 3 a year), so now I know you don't actually play the game at all (or have any real knowledge of it) and in the future I can simply write off your posts as uninformed babbling instead of trying to engage someone who refuses to have a clue.