Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Antisocial and wierd.

syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404

just resubbed yesterday, been off for a looong time.

playing on argent dawn , an rp realm on wow.

but ppl there are so antisocial and wierd. random invites from ppl and 20 ppl starting into the walls silent at goldshire.

then guilds. been trying very hard to find a nice social guild that isnt "hardcore" or pvp.

cant find a single one, when i type LF guild, social, rp and mature. ppl tell em to fuck off basicly.

i have a good rp name and such but what am i doing wrong here?

is there a secret approach to find decent ppl whom are mature for the most time.?

and the trade chat. anal this and anal that. is that even funny?

am i getting to old or am i missing something about ppl in general?

- rant off , cheers for reading .

ps: really liking the new models, awesome.

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    If you're looking for RP, Wyrmrest Accord is generally considered the best for realm for that. It has a huge population too.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

1.  Stay out of general chat and trade chat for that matter... nothing worth reading there.  Stick to party or guild chat or use voice.

2.  They have a guild recruitment tool in-game so you don't need to ask in chat anymore.  Read more about it here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657799

3.  I don't know if there really is RP servers anymore... some are designated RP but few are actually RP anymore.

4.  A huge portion of the player base plays the game solo.  Meaning they basically log in and queue up for something to do.  With garrisons in game now, a lot of the higher level players just hang out in their garrison instead of say Stormwind or Orgrimmar while waiting for a queue to pop.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    If you're looking for RP, Wyrmrest Accord is generally considered the best for realm for that. It has a huge population too.

is that a us realm? i only play on eu.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Pepeq

1.  Stay out of general chat and trade chat for that matter... nothing worth reading there.  Stick to party or guild chat or use voice.

2.  They have a guild recruitment tool in-game so you don't need to ask in chat anymore.  Read more about it here:

3.  I don't know if there really is RP servers anymore... some are designated RP but few are actually RP anymore.

4.  A huge portion of the player base plays the game solo.  Meaning they basically log in and queue up for something to do.  With garrisons in game now, a lot of the higher level players just hang out in their garrison instead of say Stormwind or Orgrimmar while waiting for a queue to pop.

I Read all these posts claiming that people just idle in cities waiting for queue to pop. Is it me or a lot of people also do questing, achievements, collectibles in the open world while waiting for a queue to pop. There aren't that many reasons to wait in a city doing nothing while waiting for a queue to pop. I personally have never done it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by fivoroth

I Read all these posts claiming that people just idle in cities waiting for queue to pop. Is it me or a lot of people also do questing, achievements, collectibles in the open world while waiting for a queue to pop. There aren't that many reasons to wait in a city doing nothing while waiting for a queue to pop. I personally have never done it.

I would say that is what is happening . 

I just started a warrior and I basically just que up for dungeons .  A lot of fun running through all those classic dungeons.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    On my server (Chamber of Aspects) people don't seem to be weird, but I'm finding it hard to find a guild. I get the random requests of course, but the guild tool shows about 5000 so is basically useless. So far I've had to play solo.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by fivoroth

It could be that people do other stuff while waiting for queue? Like rl stuff? Cooking, looking stuff up, cleaning, actually moving their bodies etc. Just a thought.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I actually do that I loom knit or read while waiting for the queue to pop or a fate to spawn in FFXIV.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Use the realm forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/#forum1033927

Asking in chat for a guild will generally just get you spammed by the types of guilds you don't want to be in. Most people who are logged in are generally logged in to play and aren't necessarily reading chat looking for new guild members.  The forums are probably your best bet for locating a group of like minded folks.

Trade chat isn't (and never has been) used for trade, it's the closest thing to global chat and people generally act like doofuses like they do in every game (never seen an exception).  I have feeling most serious RPers have trade chat off and use custom channels with guildies/known RPers while they play - so these people who you might want to play with are probably not seeing your request.