Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoR: BioWare gives the middle finger to the players

Comments

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35

Go read the OP he said ONE skill you have to repurchase cost 300k. Not the total amount. And if you actually played Swtor you would know anytime they put a credit sink in people cry on the forums. I believe the 50 million for a guild ship hit 50 pages in two days...it got released people paid it and nobody cried again. Same will happen with this. I've never been part of community (the forums are a very small percentage of the actual community) that's loves their ingame currency so much.

I do play TOR... It's my second favorite MMO right now. Doesn't mean I can't see this as being handled poorly. Their oversight is at our (the players) expense.

Agreed, this situation comes up in WoW once in a while and you actually respec for free. That should be how it works, it shouldn't be a money sink. I haven't played since RotHC, but if people are losing things they already paid for (especially those who paid through the cash shop) then that's pretty piss poor. I would expect it to be fixed and, if not, then it could be a customer-retention issue for them. 

Again the real money thing is not accurate.  The OP only put it in to push his agenda.  Which should make every question the rest of his post. But being Swtor I understsbd people don't want to deal in facts...being a WoW player that is something I thought you would understand...  

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Go read the OP he said ONE skill you have to repurchase cost 300k. Not the total amount. And if you actually played Swtor you would know anytime they put a credit sink in people cry on the forums. I believe the 50 million for a guild ship hit 50 pages in two days...it got released people paid it and nobody cried again. Same will happen with this. I've never been part of community (the forums are a very small percentage of the actual community) that's loves their ingame currency so much.

I do play TOR... It's my second favorite MMO right now. Doesn't mean I can't see this as being handled poorly. Their oversight is at our (the players) expense.

Agreed, this situation comes up in WoW once in a while and you actually respec for free. That should be how it works, it shouldn't be a money sink. I haven't played since RotHC, but if people are losing things they already paid for (especially those who paid through the cash shop) then that's pretty piss poor. I would expect it to be fixed and, if not, then it could be a customer-retention issue for them. 

Again the real money thing is not accurate.  The OP only put it in to push his agenda.  Which should make every question the rest of his post. But being Swtor I understsbd people don't want to deal in facts...being a WoW player that is something I thought you would understand...  

Oops, guess I let my guard down for a sec :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Buying multiple skills at an average of 43k, wouldn't take you long to hit 300k in spending.

Few things, first reread my post because I never said +50k for one skill.

For the record on my 55 commando my wallet went from +600k before training to 300kish after

Now that we got this part covered, the next one:

Also in those 23 pages there isn't ONE post about having to pay real money for an item you already paid real money on that would be another lie.  

Now next time you want to run your mouth maybe actusllu do a little research...thanks 

People actually paid with Cartel Coins (i.e. real money)

Quote: So it was intended I retrain speeder 3 when I purchased it from legacy using cartel coins? You apologize for the inconvenience?

There are other reports but I guess one is enough to point who's telling the truth here.

I wonder what's your agenda, because so far your'e the one with the burden of the proof here.

BTW I'm not mad at BioWare, just pointing out their wrong business policy so players are aware of what to expect.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Originally posted by Siug
    So maybe it's time to unite and vocally stop this F2P shit? Crap like this can happen only in cash shop games. Btw, I really liked SWTOR but finally I quit because of cash shop - just cannot stand that garbage in my MMORPG.

Use your common sense. There is no "vocally stopping" the F2P movement. Money speaks, not words.

Aside from that, market diversification is good. The MMO market can't support itself on any one business model. With the co-existence of F2P, B2P, and P2P games, the competition is divided up allowing more games to sustain themselves.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

As a subscriber, i would be most displeased however, if i had to retrain the third vehicle skill when i've paid for them on at least 3 of my characters, with CC, which btw, means using cash. Let you know tomorrow, how that works out, as the size of the download/expansion means i have to wait to do it overnight image

If they have removed those skills i have paid for, you can be very very sure that they will be receiving a less than complimentary message from me image

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    The only wallets that's of significant meaning to an F2P game that's doing a whaling strategy (which is most F2P games these days, SoR included) are the whales' wallets.  They could care less if everyone else voted with their wallet and left.  Hell, the business model plans for it.  Sure, the whales will eventually leave too if no one else plays the game but by then they'd already have the money anyways.  Again, the business model plans for that.
    Originally posted by Deewe

Buying multiple skills at an average of 43k, wouldn't take you long to hit 300k in spending.

Few things, first reread my post because I never said +50k for one skill.

For the record on my 55 commando my wallet went from +600k before training to 300kish after

Now that we got this part covered, the next one:

Also in those 23 pages there isn't ONE post about having to pay real money for an item you already paid real money on that would be another lie.  

Now next time you want to run your mouth maybe actusllu do a little research...thanks 

People actually paid with Cartel Coins (i.e. real money)

Quote: So it was intended I retrain speeder 3 when I purchased it from legacy using cartel coins? You apologize for the inconvenience?

There are other reports but I guess one is enough to point who's telling the truth here.

I wonder what's your agenda, because so far your'e the one with the burden of the proof here.

BTW I'm not mad at BioWare, just pointing out their wrong business policy so players are aware of what to expect.

Ok posting a made up quote about the cartel  (that poster is probdbly you since there is no other mention of this you wanted to make a post about it on the forums to post here not very clever) doesn't  prove fact cartel also doesn't equate solely to "real money" subs get fee coins another agenda plug by you.   If this was actually an issue there would be post on the forums about it there are NONE.  If this did happen it was a bug and would be fixed by BW.  You posting it in your op as factual which its not shows an agenda on your part.  You posting it in your op making it sound like it is happening to everyone is inaccurate and proves you have an agenda.  

Burden of proof?  You have zero proof you just have some made up numbers.  

No no you are exaggerating the truth and posting boarderline straight up lies.  The burden of proof that you have an agenda has been proven by me and you have provided zero proof that anything you said in your op is factual.  

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Yes... Let us be calm and collected about this and look at it from a logical point of view.

A: Skill have moved: This happens pretty much all the time in every MMO... Even WoW.

B: You have to pay to train the new/moved skills: Again this happen in pretty much every MMO where you pay for skills... Yes even WoW (ok not any more as you do not buy skills there any more... But you used to... I know.. I used to playa  druid.. we got our shit mov3ed around all the time)

C: Loss of skills bught with real money: If this is the case you can contact support and ask for a new skill unlock. Especially as it is not supposed to be affected by this change afaik.

D: This is not legal: Actually it is... The only real transaction that happen is when you buy the cartel coins. The cartel coins them self lack value (not to mention in-game currency) and thus it is really up to the company if they want to give you some back. (most do as nobody want to many rulings on the matter...)

E: Think of the children: No... They should not have bought carte coins to begin with...

F: Honestly if the bass-ackward way they put the F2P option did not kill the game.. this will neither: Yes you are right handsome stranger.

G:Are Nachos great: Yes.. yes they are.

Now i agree there are better and worse ways to do this but come monday life will be back to normal again.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by Phry

As a subscriber, i would be most displeased however, if i had to retrain the third vehicle skill when i've paid for them on at least 3 of my characters, with CC, which btw, means using cash. Let you know tomorrow, how that works out, as the size of the download/expansion means i have to wait to do it overnight image

If they have removed those skills i have paid for, you can be very very sure that they will be receiving a less than complimentary message from me image

Again the vehical skill if it's actually true (the only mention on the forums about just happened to be right after this OP was called out on it) is a bug a small percentage of players are experiencing since there are zero threads about it I'm sure it's made up by the op.  

Second buying something from the market DOES NOT equal real money.  I have 5000cc right now and didn't spend a dime on them.  Subs get an allowance every month.  

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Can´t they just give everyone 100K credits or something?

Or make training free for 0 Credits? At least for 4 weeks or so?

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by DocBrody

That would ruin their plan to build this cash sink though.

I'm not there yet and not sure if my guild was trolling me but the level 57+ guys told me that the skills from 55-60 will cost around 1 million credits.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Why? A very small percentage of players are actually crying about this.  It's the same who cry about everything.  What other MMO charges 0 for skills? Why should Swtor?  They have been charging for skills since day one.  Players can run enough dailies in ONE day and make enough to pay for all new skills and have a few extra 100k left over.  

Ive never seen a forum community (those crying are not the majority of players) cry over ingame currency like they do in Swtor.  

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    This is so damn silly.  Hahaha...

Why? A very small percentage of players are actually crying about this.  It's the same who cry about everything.  What other MMO charges 0 for skills? Why should Swtor?  They have been charging for skills since day one.  Players can run enough dailies in ONE day and make enough to pay for all new skills and have a few extra 100k left over.  

Ive never seen a forum community (those crying are not the majority of players) cry over ingame currency like they do in Swtor.  

1. That's subjective - you say it's a minority simply because it suits you and you don't feel like backing this claim up.

2. This isn't about charging for skills but charging for an enforced respec -  every other game does that for free.

Harbinger of Fools
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by The.agG

Some people can't just stop dramatizing over every small thing. It's just a one time thing, who cares?

And if you have multiple alts at 50+, then each alt can easily have 350K in credits. At the end levels, credits flow in so easily it's not even funny. Heck, when i started i made 300K around lvl 30 from some basic crafting stuff.

To the OP, please think of the Devs before leaving the game. How will they ever cope with the loss of a freeloader??

Wrong, this response reads more like "I have money and you don't" I've always been subbed and had all the classes at 55 and if you also level your trade along with hitting 55 you're lucky to have about 300k. No market trading or daily grinding, hate even the concept of a "daily"

They must have it down to a science cause all my toons had roughly that amount. So losing 1/3 of that in one sitting sucks, totally agree another Bio brain fart.

Originally posted by Dakeru

1. That's subjective - you say it's a minority simply because it suits you and you don't feel like backing this claim up.

2. This isn't about charging for skills but charging for an enforced respec -  every other game does that for free.

Really lets do a little math shall we...the main thread has 25 pages each page has 10 post.

25X10= 250 post 

there are multiple post from the same posters lets for fun say there are 50 post from the same posters.

250-50= 200

Then you have about another 50 who don't think it's an issue

200-50= 150

that leaves us with 150 people posting about it out of ~1,000,000 players.  

It it may be "subjective" to you but when you spell it out to the facts it's equal a very small percentage of players crying about it...just like I said.  

Oh and btw it's such a huge deal that thread isn't even on page 1 anymore.  

• papabear151papabear151 Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Actually,as I recall,in most EULAs a player technically owns nothing, you are just renting time in their game.

about 5 - 7 years ago (can't remember exactly) a U.S. court system ruled that EULA's are NOT legally binding contracts and thta players did IN FACT own their characters.

Really lets do a little math shall we...the main thread has 25 pages each page has 10 post.

25X10= 250 post 

there are multiple post from the same posters lets for fun say there are 50 post from the same posters.

250-50= 200

200-50= 150

It it may be "subjective" to you but when you spell it out to the facts it's equal a very small percentage of players crying about it...just like I said.  

Yeah I'm sure the game has 1 million players.

I'm also sure that everyone who sees this as complete idiocy went to the official forum to talk it out with the very reasonable and understanding devs.

Harbinger of Fools
  • papabear151papabear151 Member UncommonPosts: 110

25X10= 250 post 

250-50= 200

200-50= 150

Except that math means nothing if the majority of the games population doesn't visit this website/thread specifically. Not to mention that some people just really don't care to post their opinions regardless of what they are.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Patched, got confoosed at wtf was going on with the new selection stuff, saw stuff had changed after finaly making a choice what to commit to.

Ranted about it to guild mate for a while as it was so strange and from forums it looked like I was about to have a bad experience with the skill set and so forth.

Actually got around to seeing it was not that much change and certainly for many classes a ton better going by what the guild members have said, and calmed down and played. Upgraded some skills, spent my utility points and came to the conclusion I was fussing about nothing, apart from probably change.

Nothing to see here game is still playing fine.

Originally posted by papabear151

25X10= 250 post 

250-50= 200

200-50= 150

Except that math means nothing if the majority of the games population doesn't visit this website/thread specifically. Not to mention that some people just really don't care to post their opinions regardless of what they are.

EXACTLY as I stated and was 100% correct a very small percentage are crying about it.  Others may not like it but are not crying about it on the forums.  

25X10= 250 post 

250-50= 200

200-50= 150

Yeah I'm sure the game has 1 million players.

I'm also sure that everyone who sees this as complete idiocy went to the official forum to talk it out with the very reasonable and understanding devs.

[mod edit]

I didn't say 1 million I said ~1 million.  Do you know ~ means?  

And just for fun...

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-swtor-galactic-strongholds-starts-august-19th/

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well you could just use the 300 free basic comms you get for starting the expansion ( Rishi ) to get most of your 300 k back , buy isotope 5 and sell them should get you about 250 k back.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Interesting (fellow TOR player).  What your first?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Well you could just use the 300 free basic comms you get for starting the expansion ( Rishi ) to get most of your 300 k back , buy isotope 5 and sell them should get you about 250 k back.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Voted as the most constructive answer.

Thanks.