Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whatever happened to this game?

I believe there was an extended downtime.  Is it running again?  Is there anyone left?  Has it been improved in anyway? 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I haven't heard anything from this game in a long time. I did play in beta, and it was a solid game, but nothing terribly special. It had been in development, then got shelved, and then it was pulled off the shelf again for the beta I was in. I think it was just too old to be great. They may have shelved it again rather than risk having the game collapse.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I haven't heard anything from this game in a long time. I did play in beta, and it was a solid game, but nothing terribly special. It had been in development, then got shelved, and then it was pulled off the shelf again for the beta I was in. I think it was just too old to be great. They may have shelved it again rather than risk having the game collapse.

I have the same experience and the same impression. It just wasn't anything special and too old..nothing really that would pull from other released games if released for a third time today...that is..if it is still not going from the 2nd release.

There Is Always Hope!

• MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84
    This is why I wish all MMO games came with a local server option.  Occasionally, I want to pull out these old games and play for a while... but I can't when the only server is down.  At least Earth & Beyond had fans create their own server so a client could connect.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by MellowTigger
    This is why I wish all MMO games came with a local server option.  Occasionally, I want to pull out these old games and play for a while... but I can't when the only server is down.  At least Earth & Beyond had fans create their own server so a client could connect.

Oddly enough I was looking up this mmo when you posted this, i miss this thing, even though it had less going for it than any mmo I've ever played, still at least the estate system lives again in WoW's garrisons... coincidence?