Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMorpg doing their best

OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

I've been banned twice and warned several times, and had my threads locked etc.

However, Mike from MMOrpg is a good guy doing his best, and it must be a nightmare trying to deal with all the raging ripped off alpha players (I am one of them)

I won't be posting about Archeage ever again, as it is a game I love, ruined by what I consider to be incompetent publishers.

Enjoy the game if you are still playing....

(and can anybody point me in the direction of a well run, sandbox style , recent MMO.

Cheers

[mod edit]

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I'm kind of glad I got to play the beta and realized how much money I saved.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

i s not goodbye threads and ban evasions against the rules.... ?

Just asking...

Beyond that...

Good for you i guess.

This have been a good conversation

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Eir_S

What does you switching to Geico have to do with playing Archeage?

Sorry, I had to make that joke.  I know what you are trying to say.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

This. Didn't have to pay a dime to try. Realized it was garbage in almost every way and didn't waste any more of my time.

I will say the train-wreck that has followed however has been incredibly entertaining.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Shards Online looks like Ultima 2.0 is that would interest you. you only need to wait a year and a half.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

What does you switching to Geico have to do with playing Archeage?

Sorry, I had to make that joke.  I know what you are trying to say.

Dang how did i miss that one... I even had a bloody geico ad playing on Hulu...

Point to you good sir/madam =)

This have been a good conversation

• chocolate-mousechocolate-mouse Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Repopulation
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Raging is right .

I had to do a charge back of $500 on my credit card due to this scam of a game.

1.  No 10% market discount to founders  or patron as advertised when I purchased my 3 months .

2. Can't play the game . 3 days I have not been able to log in .   And that's not including all the other crashes.

3. Bugs and exploits . I paid for a working product as was advertised , it is broken .

I sent these 3 things to my bank in email and asked for chargeback on my $500 as a customer due to Trions breach

of the NZ fair trading act .

• ChewybunnyChewybunny Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Write a Shakespearean tragedy about this.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The game was more ruined by the developers than the publisher. If you wanna play the game with a different publisher, the KR and RU versions aren't hard to get into, just google.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Grailer

Raging is right .

I had to do a charge back of $500 on my credit card due to this scam of a game.

1.  No 10% market discount to founders  or patron as advertised when I purchased my 3 months .

2. Can't play the game . 3 days I have not been able to log in .   And that's not including all the other crashes.

3. Bugs and exploits . I paid for a working product as was advertised , it is broken .

I sent these 3 things to my bank in email and asked for chargeback on my $500 as a customer due to Trions breach

of the NZ fair trading act .

$500?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Orgone

I've been banned twice and warned several times, and had my threads locked etc.

However, Mike from MMOrpg is a good guy doing his best, and it must be a nightmare trying to deal with all the raging ripped off alpha players (I am one of them)

I won't be posting about Archeage ever again, as it is a game I love, ruined by what I consider to be incompetent publishers.

Enjoy the game if you are still playing....

(and can anybody point me in the direction of a well run, sandbox style , recent MMO.

Cheers

[mod edit]

Don't feel special. It is quite obvious how the discussions about this game is being moderated.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Is funny when I see people want there money back, after playing for few months (that was playing in beta) or weeks, something wrong here is feel like going to the store playing the game bringing it back cuz one didn't like it after keeping it for weeks and weeks on end.

Better yet, is like going to the movie then watching it half way after then want my money back as one didn't like how it was going.

The future of mmo are in trouble good or bad ones.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    The game was more ruined by the developers than the publisher. If you wanna play the game with a different publisher, the KR and RU versions aren't hard to get into, just google.

You meant it otheway around cause that way makes no sense.

You meant game was ruined by publisher not developer.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

Is funny when I see people want there money back, after playing for few months (that was playing in beta) or weeks, something wrong here is feel like going to the store playing the game bringing it back cuz one didn't like it after keeping it for weeks and weeks on end.

Better yet, is like going to the movie then watching it half way after then want my money back as one didn't like how it was going.

What's so funny about players who are holding out hoping this game will get batter and are trying to give this game a chance to improve before they realized it will never happen?

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What's so funny about players who are holding out hoping this game will get batter and are trying to give this game a chance to improve before they realized it will never happen?

Is fine people to hold out hoping a game to get better, but games don't get better if people end up giving mass amount money first, then giving little see if there changing or not.

The problem is people wait months and months then ask for there money back, or try to pull away from company, after they played what they payed for. I am sure if I buy a new car, and go drive it for a few months, oh man I didn't like how they did the color was cheap done, I am sure they love to give my money back, wait I go to the bank tell them well, they told me that the car didn't have cheap paint job.

What I am saying if this catch on, no telling a good mmo that can become good, but with the small problem people go over broad and try to get there money back in every way they can after playing it for months not day or weeks.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

You have a legal right to a refund if you were a founder, because Trion failed to provide the 10% discount in the contract.  This arguably can extend to everything you've paid since then because Trion continued promising the 10% discount for a long long time (or at least up until Trion finally confirmed that they wouldn't give the 10% discount after all).

Anything beyond that isn't really a legal right at all as far as I can tell, though people get away with it anyways because banks, paypal, and credit card companies give them the benefit of the doubt.

If you're a founder, feel free to charge back everything under the contract 10% discount justification (which again, is entirely legal and your right) even if the actual truth is that you just hate the game.  No one has to know :P

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

You have a legal right to a refund if you were a founder, because Trion failed to provide the 10% discount in the contract.  This arguably can extend to everything you've paid since then because Trion continued promising the 10% discount for a long long time (or at least up until Trion finally confirmed that they wouldn't give the 10% discount after all).

Anything beyond that isn't really a legal right at all as far as I can tell, though people get away with it anyways because banks, paypal, and credit card companies give them the benefit of the doubt.

If you're a founder, feel free to charge back everything under the contract 10% discount justification (which again, is entirely legal and your right) even if the actual truth is that you just hate the game.  No one has to know :P

I don't have problem with legal rights, people should have it, is how long does it comes to play when you played the game after months.

Like me telling wow I didn't like what you did with paladin after promising we get dps role fix for 3 years, so I get my money back? after playing the class and the game for month or years?, did become a good game yes overtime people didn't pull there money back from it after all the bad promise, if even my problem is with pvp one problem why I don't play wow my self.

But not saying arche age become even better game later on, but new mmo have the room to grow become very good put 1 small thing will kill a game, bug or a promise, to keep there door open or keep the game fix and updated.

Like all the new mmo just came out sub or f2p how much they got hit hard over bugs that will  be fix overtime, but if mass people pull there money out wildstar or eso, they would not been around to even go back to play them. If this catch on, just be a bad outcome overtime for any new mmo.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Nothing, but spending a huge sum before even trying the game, play it a few months and then wanting it all back seems pretty funny to me.

If it was after a few days then fine, but if I played something for weeks I don't think I should get the money back and wont try. And I certainly wont spend a lot of money on extra stuff until I decides that I like the game.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I think the mods/owners of MMOrpg should look up how Facepunch(rust + etc) run their forums.

Clearly stating why a person gets banned for everyone to see.