Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Episode 7 Spoiler - KOTOR link in EP7?

doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

This post contains a lot of potential spoilers for episode 7, so if you don't wanna hear them, I suggest navigating away asap.

So....this is a lot of speculation, but it looks like there is a small chance that the villain (or one of) in EPVII is actually Reven...

Now...while that might sound crazy, piecing together a lot of the leaks so far actually points to this...as insane and as far fetched as that sounds....

After the recent teaser, here is how it fits together...

In the teaser, a voice is heard talking about a "great awakening in the force, both Dark and light".......thats literally reven, hes both Jedi and Sith, yet neither at once..

Next, and the bigest piece so far, is this leak a couple of months ago...Whats so facinating about it, is that when it was released, people dismissed it in an almost mocking fashion...yet, after the teaser, the light saber and figure have been proven 100% legit.....with that said....the figure pretty much looks exactly like Reven...

Now, the main plot so far looks to be Han and Lea's son (played by Adam Driver) is a force sensitive with a deep facination of the Dark side, heavly influcned by his grandfather being Vader. The speculation is that in Adam's charecter's drive to learn more about the force and dark side, he uncovers (and awakens) something...which ultimitly helps turn Adam Driver's charecter (in additon to Luke trying to kill him) into the main villan of the new trillogy....Reven being that thing being awoken would be very interesting.

There is actually a lot more that has been leaked so far about how luke handles the situation of Adam Driver's thurst for the dark side, but ill leave that out unless specifically asked.

....alas...we have Reven coming back to the forefront of the TOR universe, perhaps this is one of the reasons?

.....And there it is :-)

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

R-E-V-A-N

That's all.

It was truly painful every time you did it.  Like ripping out a chest hair one at a time.

They also "say" the inquisitor from Rebels will be part of VII.

Of course, since they WIPED all non-movie canon from the face of the Earth.... 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Ikeda

R-E-V-A-N

That's all.

It was truly painful every time you did it.  Like ripping out a chest hair one at a time.

Actually from what I hear the Old republic era was not a part of that as the retcon was stated from a certain time period on. I"ll see if I can dig that up again.

As for the OP, yeah I've heard this rumor as well and found the original leaks (after the fact) very intriguing. It's kind of like Jacen's tale (downfall) far later in their lives, Revan or not there may be some tie in of some kind. THere was more I read about as well. But I was so tired at the time, I've forgotten it all.

Some things I've read about Luke bring a very C'baoth vibe to me, as if he's taking his place in said time period.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

R-E-V-A-N

That's all.

Although Eu is no longer "canon", they have said that they would pull elements form it as needed.

Regardless, even if the mysterious charecter turns out to not in fact be Revan, he/she is clearly based on, or at least heavily influenced by, Revan.

Originally posted by Gorwe
    Or the "great awakening in the force-both the dark and the light" could be just that. The fact that there has been a resurgence on both sides-knowing movies, obviously focused in one person.

Sometimes it's kinda obvious. And no, I wouldn't want to see any more of revan. His time as an interesting character has passed. Now he is just annoyingly immortal.

If it was that alone, this thread wouldn't exist, but couple that with the figure that looks 99% like Revan, its something to think about.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The hype is strong in this one.
  • bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679
    I doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised if they've been inspired by Revan and some other EU Sith. They tend to look much cooler than Vader ever did.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by doodphace

Revan in episode 7

Are you Reed Richards? Because that is the biggest stretch I've seen in a long time.

Originally posted by Impacthound

Revan in episode 7

Are you Reed Richards? Because that is the biggest stretch I've seen in a long time.

It was the biggest stretch imaginable until this became 100% confirmed by the teaser....

Like  I said, it might not turn out to be exactly Revan, but it sure is based off/heavily influenced by him.

You also missed the "looks like there is a small chance" part...

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Episode 7 Villan:

Ya....totally looks nothing this:

I must be realllly reaching here to even make a comparison..I mean, I must be on some next level craziness here, right?....

...le sigh

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

Please God no.

J.J. Abrams isn't big on using things in his movies that require a 5th degree black belt in lore research. Having to reach back to an ancient, ancient past and know that a character keeps coming back will detract from the immediate story. Explanations in the Star Wars Universe have the potential to meltdown the story both immediately and in future installments. Revelations are good, explanations are bad.

One of the better things that has happened is Disney conducting a purge of all of the extraneous garbage peddled by the hack pulp merchants. They probably wanted the material to be more accessible and elegant, so they threw out a bunch of dizzying detritus that was only there to either:

a) drive stories that explained in detail minutiae of the setting,

b) indulge Sith worshippers who can't accept that the bad guys are actually bad guys who exist only to provide tension, or

c) sell toys

Episode VII looks to avoid the mistakes of the prequels, pulling in garbage made up by a game company and important only to KOTOR fans would be counter to that.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Archlyte

Please God no.

J.J. Abrams isn't big on using things in his movies that require a 5th degree black belt in lore research. Having to reach back to an ancient, ancient past and know that a character keeps coming back will detract from the immediate story. Explanations in the Star Wars Universe have the potential to meltdown the story both immediately and in future installments. Revelations are good, explanations are bad.

One of the better things that has happened is Disney conducting a purge of all of the extraneous garbage peddled by the hack pulp merchants. They probably wanted the material to be more accessible and elegant, so they threw out a bunch of dizzying detritus that was only there to either:

b) indulge Sith worshippers who can't accept that the bad guys are actually bad guys who exist only to provide tension, or

c) sell toys

Episode VII looks to avoid the mistakes of the prequels, pulling in garbage made up by a game company and important only to KOTOR fans would be counter to that.

Ikr, I hate Bioware so I must get angry if there's any connection between Revan and the new movies! Jk though, force ghosts are a common theme in Star Wars lore, I hope some ancient dark side force ghost is at large in these new movies, if it's Revan, damn awesome since I've experienced his story in KOTOR and it was great. I would not mind if it was a re-creation of the character tailored for the movies alone.

Ps. Even with shit like Jar Jar the prequels were fun and good Star Wars entertainment, so just shut up and go watch Star Trek or something, don't really even care...

....alas...we have Reven coming back to the forefront of the TOR universe, perhaps this is one of the reasons?

.....And there it is :-)

Also Bioware saying it will be a huge year for SWTOR, 2015 that is, just a coincidence that the ep7 comes out the same year? Most likely but who knows, maybe at the end of Revan storyline we'll get some kind of "I have seen my resurrection thousands of years from now" - or something more subtle, I'm happy as long as we get more Star Wars stuff no matter what :D

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    The problem is.  EP7 is based on a book and Revan isn't in the book.  The next problem is Revan's time period is literally thousands of years prior to EP1.  Yes the figures look the same because there's not much style you can actually accomplish with a dark masked black robed individual.  Essentially they all end up looking quite the same with a mask on.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    This thread reminds me of all the X game will kill WoW or Swtor will be dead in year '12,13,14 and now '15.  These poster continue to post their prediction when they never come to be they slink back and wait for their next opportunity.  When this theory ends up being false I'm sure we will never hear a word about it again...Unfortunetly its a year away before we know for sure...it's going to be a long year...
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    This thread reminds me of all the X game will kill WoW or Swtor will be dead in year '12,13,14 and now '15.  These poster continue to post their prediction when they never come to be they slink back and wait for their next opportunity.  When this theory ends up being false I'm sure we will never hear a word about it again...Unfortunetly its a year away before we know for sure...it's going to be a long year...

People like to speculate on things, that's just how it is.

Anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGV7WVB-bA so Mark Hamil is hinting, back in 1980's that the ep7 will be around 2011, that would give us 10 years to sink in the Revan character before putting it on the big screen according to the grand plan ^^

Originally posted by Kuinn

People like to speculate on things, that's just how it is.

Anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGV7WVB-bA so Mark Hamil is hinting, back in 1980's that the ep7 will be around 2011, that would give us 10 years to sink in the Revan character before putting it on the big screen according to the grand plan ^^

You guys need to stop taking yourselves, and this thread, so seriously.

I specifically said in my OP that my "speculation" has a small chance of actually being true...I'm more having fun with the idea than anything

My main point though, is that the confirmed villain is pretty much a direct copy of Revan style wise.

PS: you do know the entire sequel trillogy has been rewritten in the last 10 years, right?

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Or the "great awakening in the force-both the dark and the light" could be just that. The fact that there has been a resurgence on both sides-knowing movies, obviously focused in one person.

Sometimes it's kinda obvious. And no, I wouldn't want to see any more of revan. His time as an interesting character has passed. Now he is just annoyingly immortal.

If it was that alone, this thread wouldn't exist, but couple that with the figure that looks 99% like Revan, its something to think about.

No...we won't get Revan...and yeah they are referencing that force users will become more prevalent due to Darth Sidious no longer around to hunt or fold them into the Empire...

I used to have an OLD issue of Starlog..and in it was an article about Return of the Jedi and Lucas's original idea for it...I have been looking like mad for that issue, because in it he also explains how he had the "basic" out line for Episode 7,8, and 9..and looking at the rumors that have come out...they actually mesh up a lot from that old article. Who could that dark jedi be? All I can say is that the Empire probably still has cloning equipment around..some where. 

Any ways if i can find out which issue it was i'll post here.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I love it when so many people get sucked into so much disinformation. Pictures do not tell much. RUMORS tell even less.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

This looks like you really latch on to things that mean nothing, and harbor a grudge due to it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Gruug
    I love it when so many people get sucked into so much disinformation. Pictures do not tell much. RUMORS tell even less.

What they do tell, is that the villain looks exactly like Revan...

And since the teaser confirmed the legitimacy of the leaked pic, its no longer "rumor" at this point...

What do you make of that?

More fuel to the fire :-)

Newest leaked info:

• Max Von Sydow’s character (villain) is not Boba Fett, Darth Maul, or Mace Windu.
    • While Sydow’s identity is a surprise, it’s not necessarily earth-shattering. It’s the sort of thing that hardcore fans would be excited about, but overly casual fans likely won’t realize the significance of. Sydow’s identity does have meaning, but you need to know the context.
  • CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106

R-E-V-A-N

That's all.

Although Eu is no longer "canon", they have said that they would pull elements form it as needed.

Regardless, even if the mysterious charecter turns out to not in fact be Revan, he/she is clearly based on, or at least heavily influenced by, Revan.

This is what Lucas himself has said since day one of the EU. He said he will use or ignore any and all of it at his discretion, its the fans who have ignored this and kept calling it canon over the years.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I like the story of revan, and even like the possibility of revan being in the movie.

However, what I don't like is thinking about how the people at swtor marketing probably had a hand in this.

Meanwhile, the swtor is raking in 100s of millions in revenue, but EA somehow allows swtor to produce a tiny expansion with limited content. Maybe the swtor team is 5 actual programmers, and 50 people doing other things like running their websites, writing 'story', marketing etc

I know that producers like to treat their that consumers like they are retards. And that's how we are being treated really, since you might have a game already purchased with DLC already steamlined just after purchase. Maybe, sure, a huge company can cut down on costs, and therefore still offer content for a good price... but...

But look at swtor and in 3 years since release and what it has to offer since then, and what should/could offer now. OR what it could have offered if they went with an engine to handle mmo pvp.

So, even though I like revan, I see this as a marketing scheme for a game that has been mismanaged. I will try to brush this aside while I eat my pop corn and swallow my tears.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    Originally posted by Archlyte

Please God no.

c) sell toys

Ikr, I hate Bioware so I must get angry if there's any connection between Revan and the new movies! Jk though, force ghosts are a common theme in Star Wars lore, I hope some ancient dark side force ghost is at large in these new movies, if it's Revan, damn awesome since I've experienced his story in KOTOR and it was great. I would not mind if it was a re-creation of the character tailored for the movies alone.

Ps. Even with shit like Jar Jar the prequels were fun and good Star Wars entertainment, so just shut up and go watch Star Trek or something, don't really even care...

Yeah, "shut up" is a compelling argument. I also like how you said you don't even care at the end. lol nice.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures