Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faceroll

KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
Does the game ever get any harder?  Seriously, I would have to stand there and let mobs beat me for a few solid minutes in order to die.

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    If you don't quit this game after an hour or so it's you there's something wrong with.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    LOL! I woiuldn't say it's bad per se....just....holy f!@#$%^ hell this is easy.  I don't even need to use half my skills to get by solo.  It's hilarious that all the anti-tab target people talk about this game as though it's so hardcore....just wow.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Um... have you actually played the game or are you just talking negatively about it without having touched it at all?
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    Does the game ever get any harder?  Seriously, I would have to stand there and let mobs beat me for a few solid minutes in order to die.

Yes it does. Normal mobs are very easy. Try to solo BAMs, those will give you some challenge. And higher level dungeons can be pretty hard, depending on your gear.

Originally posted by Yamota

Yes it does. Normal mobs are very easy. Try to solo BAMs, those will give you some challenge. And higher level dungeons can be pretty hard, depending on your gear.

So only BAMs and Higher level dungeons are difficult at all then?  Wonderful.  I'm level 16 atm, so not exactly far into the game..but this is just embarassing.  I have literally never played an mmo this easy before.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

So only BAMs and Higher level dungeons are difficult at all then?  Wonderful.  I'm level 16 atm, so not exactly far into the game..but this is just embarassing.  I have literally never played an mmo this easy before.

you never played WoW ?

Well you can get a bunch of normal mobs together and try to kill them using AoE. That is some challenging, depending on how many you want to herd together.

But yes, at level 16, the mobs and dungeons are very easy. The difficulty curve starts to pick up at around level 30 but normal, non BAMs are never hard to solo. They are basically just like training dummies.

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

you never played WoW ?

Very briefly.  Like, level 20 tops lol.  It just didn't hold my attention.  This game at least manages to do THAT, but I noticed it pretty prominently once I made a few mistakes and let mobs get close (archer) as I took hits like I would expect a tank would.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Are you new to MMOs?  If not, why even make this thread?  You should know that normal mobs are always easy.

There's mobs that require group content, such as BAMs, Dungeons, and Raids.  Try to solo those and you'll realize how silly your complaint is.

• DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    LOL! I woiuldn't say it's bad per se....just....holy f!@#$%^ hell this is easy.  I don't even need to use half my skills to get by solo.  It's hilarious that all the anti-tab target people talk about this game as though it's so hardcore....just wow.

They dumbed it down after the alliance shit came in and then I exited the game for it.. dont expect OwPvP b/c there is none anymore and if there is its players running to safe camps all day every day..

The bams int he game are a joke now besides the ones in Alliance area... back when those bams were actually in the game in not in the alliance area you would grind on those for awhile grab a couple lvls and at the same time learn your character.. meaning dodging evading and what not.. what to cast and what not to cast.. really made me a better warrior/slayer/archer for realz but since you dont have that option anymore and bams are a cake walk good luck

b/c the game is easy mode and zerg mode

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I just started playing this over the weekend break and kind of agree. However, this is pretty normal to me in MMOs. I tried to solo a special mob (wasn't a BAM, because it was pretty small in size) and it 4 shot me (playing a mage class). I am really enjoying TERA's combat however in general. I enjoy not having to tab target and using positions a lot more.

As of level 18 the mobs (IMO) feel standard as far as MMOs go.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

Which games are hard at 25% of level cap?

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

Tera used to offer a bit of challenge here and there, especially with BAMS, but even those have been nerfed to the point where they're easily soloable nowadays.
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

Tera used to offer a bit of challenge here and there, especially with BAMS, but even those have been nerfed to the point where they're easily soloable nowadays.

This is not entirely true. Some classes, like Lancer, can beat BAMs quite comfortably but it is harder and gives a challenge if you do it with a Slayer and it also depends on the BAM. There are some BAMs which even my Lancer has problems with.

However once you hit level 60, and get good gear, then all BAMs except those in alliance become pretty easy. Still provides a greater challenge than most non-group mobs in other MMOs.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Yamota  can you please explain the whole Alliance System? I just recently went back to TERA and loving it.

• MiviMivi Member UncommonPosts: 83

when the game went free to play the challenge level was reduced alot
    Bams where nerfed by 60% of their hp, 60% of their damage and no longer go in berserk anymore under lv 40
    at the same time was introduced in the game a serie of weapons called avatar weapons that are litterally easy mode button. these weapons other than providing a gold tier stats have also the innate ability to crit with 90% chances against mobs around character's level. an absurd bonus! but not enoughseem, these weapons chan also be enhanced to +9 basically for free.
    Also the exp curve was adjusted too, exp received is much more than it should be pre 40
    this may not sound like a bad thing but in tera 3 levels of difference is like 10 level of difference in your average mmorpg, particularly the level of difference affect the balance and impact stats that determine the proc ratio of knockdown, classes like priest get 2-3 shotted by bams, knockdown is what really decide if they live or die in the game
    stronger weapons = generally faster and easy fights mean less stamina consumption. stamina affect all the stats of a character expecially hp and mana including the regen of these. players don't reach anymore the momentum of the fight where they have to micromanage their resurces otherwise a boss slowly doomed them. a strategic parameter removed.

tera was a very challenging game, which worked well with the previous sub model
    oh my dear player you cannot beat this content? worry not! just train more!
    train:time=sub :money
    not sucessfully enough and they went f2p which mean player:happy=f2p:money the developers feared that the game was too difficult and the new f2p players would not be able to advance, ultmately leave the game, they then reduced the challenge level,
    I guess avatar weapon was simplier that redesign the difficult of any mob in the game.
    anyway despite I understand this, I did not liked the changes either, until the day I have witnessed players that despite such help could not overcome the game obstacles.
    I made an alt and replayed the game again, I realized that I was wrong and those weapons where in truth, necessary. the skill-gap is That big.
    accepted, my heart is at peace now.
    the difficult curve is more slippery than ever but still good, the end game content is challenging and fun.