Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pleasantly surprised

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi MMOs and I haven't played for a couple of years.

I completely forgot about this game. For some reason it was hidden along with a few other games in my Origin account. I was looking for an alternate game to play so I installed it and was shocked at all the changes.

This game really has changed for the better. The housing is awesome and on par with EQ II, a housing system I thought was done really well. It seems to run without glitches, which is more than I can say for the last time I played it. The story-line is more engaging than I remember it. Maybe that has changed as well?

Anyway, good job BW. You just gained another sub. This balances out my disappointment with DA:I. ;-)

Optional PvP = No PvP

Comments

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi MMOs and I haven't played for a couple of years.

I completely forgot about this game. For some reason it was hidden along with a few other games in my Origin account. I was looking for an alternate game to play so I installed it and was shocked at all the changes.

This game really has changed for the better. The housing is awesome and on par with EQ II, a housing system I thought was done really well. It seems to run without glitches, which is more than I can say for the last time I played it. The story-line is more engaging than I remember it. Maybe that has changed as well?

Anyway, good job BW. You just gained another sub. This balances out my disappointment with DA:I. ;-)

The story hasn't changed from launch, unless you're in the 50-55 content on Makeb. I'm surprised you think the housing is on par with EQ II, since a lot of the furniture has no substance and you have to stand in it and emote to sit, but I'm probably over-sensitive to this.

As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Impacthound

The story hasn't changed from launch, unless you're in the 50-55 content on Makeb. I'm surprised you think the housing is on par with EQ II, since a lot of the furniture has no substance and you have to stand in it and emote to sit, but I'm probably over-sensitive to this.

But you could never interact properly with furniture in EQ2 either.  What good is housing and all that lovely decorating when your character can't sit in a damn chair!  

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Sigurd57

But you could never interact properly with furniture in EQ2 either.  What good is housing and all that lovely decorating when your character can't sit in a damn chair!  

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game, Fiftyplus!

As for the sitting, it would be nice to have the option of just clicking, but it's no big deal to me as long as everything looks good.

I suppose I'm just used to having to use emotes to sit from playing City of Heroes for years. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

As for the sitting, it would be nice to have the option of just clicking, but it's no big deal to me as long as everything looks good.

I suppose I'm just used to having to use emotes to sit from playing City of Heroes for years. xD

Would be great if you could have emotes on hotbars, I'd like at least the /chair as a button and not have to type it every time. Few others too.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Would be great if you could have emotes on hotbars, I'd like at least the /chair as a button and not have to type it every time. Few others too.

Yep... that would be great. Using /chair a lot.... not really using emotes as much as I should, some of them are hilariously funny. Got to revisit this part of the game one day.... downloading xpac... so excited /grin

Though I played a bit on test so I know what to expect, still... loved everything there so it's going to be fun.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Yeah, same here. It would be nice if they added an "Emote Collection" menu or something. I recall Aion and several other games had an interface where you could grab the emote icons and drag them to a bar.

Or that let you make a macro and put that on the bar (City of Heroes had that option if memory serves correctly).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/