Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In games with thorough crafting system/economy, what are the rewards for PvE Dungeons and PvE Boss f

2»

Comments

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

SWG did it best.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Well I am trying to get some opinions from the PvE fans that enjoy dungeons and stuff like that as well, so some of you all jump in.

In lineage 2 the bosses dropped the exact same gear as one would get through crafting.

In addition to a unique jewelry piece.

However, crafting took a while as it was difficult to get mats and there were % chances the crafting wouldn't work.

So raiding was viable. However, these raids were difficult and you needed a good force of people.

So that's one way to do it.

Otherwise, I'm content with raids dropping unqiue mats that require crafters to fashion into something or unique armor/weapons that require crafters to "fit" and personalize.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Simple, crafters can craft just as good items like dungeons / pvp gives, but you still get achievements and rare item looks from dungeons. Also dungeons can provide misc items that are not perhaps tied to your power.

I'm talking about a mmorpg here and not some dungeon crawler where the whole and only point is to raid for better items. This would not work in WoW for example, where the point is to raid / arena for better gear, it would kind of defeat the point if you can just sit out and craft as good stuff.

That is not actually what the OP asked for, more a far more common model that we actually see in plenty of MMOs (even if the majority have crafting that allows you to craft worse gear than the good stuff this is probably the second most common mechanics).

You can really have 3 ways here, all items are drops, all items are crafted or some are crafted and some are drops. All 3 works with the right mechanics and OP asked about all crafting.

Seems I misunderstood, I did not know there are actually games where everything is crafted (big titles at least).

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

In games with thorough crafting system/economy, what are the rewards for PvE Dungeons and PvE Boss fights if everything is made by crafters?

If the Crafters make all the weapons and armor, than what is usually rewarded from hard dungeon content, and boss drops?

Too many players require material rewards for killing a boss. Lets go back to the old days where killing a boss was reward enough. If you want a reqard you get money that enables you to go to a crafter to get you equipment repaired or buy better equipment from that crafter so you can go kill the harder boss.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Originally posted by Loke666

Simple, crafters can craft just as good items like dungeons / pvp gives, but you still get achievements and rare item looks from dungeons. Also dungeons can provide misc items that are not perhaps tied to your power.

I'm talking about a mmorpg here and not some dungeon crawler where the whole and only point is to raid for better items. This would not work in WoW for example, where the point is to raid / arena for better gear, it would kind of defeat the point if you can just sit out and craft as good stuff.

That is not actually what the OP asked for, more a far more common model that we actually see in plenty of MMOs (even if the majority have crafting that allows you to craft worse gear than the good stuff this is probably the second most common mechanics).

You can really have 3 ways here, all items are drops, all items are crafted or some are crafted and some are drops. All 3 works with the right mechanics and OP asked about all crafting.

Seems I misunderstood, I did not know there are actually games where everything is crafted (big titles at least).

There might be a fourth way here - there are some MMOs where usable gear drops at low levels, but stops dropping in the mid levels (as do consumable potions) and everything in the top third of the levels is crafted.  (Personally I am strongly opposed to gear dropping at all.)

I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.