Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

---

ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Ryzom is definitely a game like no other.  Seasons, hell.. we talk about living breathing worlds, Ryzom literally has one.

How you skillup in weapons, etc is something awesome too.

I return from time to time.  I think that would be an amazing game if you're with a group of dedicated players.  But there's also something to be said for being the loner type that strives to conquer all on their own.

I may have to fire it up again soon.

• rhan101277rhan101277 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I'm going to give this a shot.  I remember playing it when it first came out.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Did they fix mouse movement yet?  Couldn't circle strafe properly in this game before, made it unplayable for me.  Circle strafing is hold down either the left or right straight line strafe key, then holding down the right mouse button and then using only the mouse to turn you in a circle around your opponent while keeping them dead center in front of you.

You could only do this before using the left and right "turn keys" not the strafe keys, which meant that if you want to circle strafe properly you had to not only bind left and right strafe keys for normal strafing then also bind left and right keyboard turn keys in order to circle strafe, it was a broken game mechanic in my opinion.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Ryzom was extremely interesting and deep, I never stuck with it always sidetracked by these fancy aaa titles that never delivered fully.. :D

If I recall its best to pay some sort of sub or a one off fee is it to unlock something I can not remember fully what it was but still was not pricey anyhow.

Its open source of sorts is it not now? I can't again recall if its supported by a publisher or not anymore.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Great game at one time but it really does not have the support it needs 
  • ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

• pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I never seen so crappy game like this one, the mechanics is stupid and childish, and art style is lawl can I even call this art style? Ugliest crap ever haha xD
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Downloading now. Archeage was such a disappointment and I never got a chance to play the others during their popular periods.
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by pinktailz
    I never seen so crappy game like this one, the mechanics is stupid and childish, and art style is lawl can I even call this art style? Ugliest crap ever haha xD

Very well spoken and mature response to a legitimate post. Thank you for your well thought-out opinion.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Mortal Online

IDK if they are going to make the necessary changes to make that game truly great, but its fairly fun as it stands.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Better suggestion, play EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

The problem is that it is an open world crafting game with no population, or at least minimal pop.

Unfortunately games like this require large populations to make them interesting, other wise it is kill-craft-repeat.

Still a decent game but more niche, than mainstream.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Enbysra
    Originally posted by Boneserino

The problem is that it is an open world crafting game with no population, or at least minimal pop.

Unfortunately games like this require large populations to make them interesting, other wise it is kill-craft-repeat.

Still a decent game but more niche, than mainstream.

So where is the problem? Let's fill this baby up with players so their server explodes!

People are always crying about wanting no more free to play... Ryzom is only free to trial, and it is done nicely...

People are always crying about wanting a subscription game... Ryzom is only $10.95 a month, it doesn't really get cheaper...

People are always crying that Cash Shops destroy games... Ryzom has no Cash Shop...

People are always crying about Pay to Win... Ryzom has no pay to win...

People are always crying that they want levelless... well Ryzom is levelless...

People are always crying that they want to customize their characters' skills and what gear they can use... well Ryzom lets you do just that...

People are always crying they want an openworld sandbox... and yet, Ryzom is an openworld sandbox...

People are always crying about toxic communities... in Ryzom, toxicity so far seems to be nowhere in sight...

[mod edit]

Meanwhile, what are you telling the MMORPG Industry Game Developers by NOT joining Ryzom, or at least games like it? image 

Think about it...

The main issue with Ryzom is that they have refused again and again (at the behest of the vets) to not open a new server or do a reset. Kind of hard to establish yourself in a sandbox game that is effectivley in "lockdown" to a few Guilds and veteran players.  The economy is in ruins not ONLY because of a low population but because of people who have been playing for a decade and amassing huge wealth with no real gold sinks.

Ryzom is/was a good game... But tbh without a healthy influx of new players its totally stasis and there wont be a health influx of players without a wipe or new server. So....

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Not sure why so many people hate over Ryzom, yeah I try it, but didn't catch my taste to keep playing, but man where are the all people that want sub games over f2p oh wait there all over at wow not helping sub future at all in being to one game only with there support.

But anyhow if Ryzom did catch my eye I would not be playing it on widows as is have linux support.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

This MMO dies 3 times and resurrected 3 times.

That has to be some kind of record. I however played Ryzom a lot when it first released. I went back to it recently and it hasn't aged well at all.

Gaming community is way too small which makes it feel dead.

Originally posted by Jacxolope

The main issue with Ryzom is that they have refused again and again (at the behest of the vets) to not open a new server or do a reset. Kind of hard to establish yourself in a sandbox game that is effectivley in "lockdown" to a few Guilds and veteran players.  The economy is in ruins not ONLY because of a low population but because of people who have been playing for a decade and amassing huge wealth with no real gold sinks.

Ryzom is/was a good game... But tbh without a healthy influx of new players its totally stasis and there wont be a health influx of players without a wipe or new server. So....

Whereas that may be true of any long standing MMORPG, I have yet to see an issue having started out literally a day ago. I have done plenty fine catching up in P2W games before, I hardly see this game being more difficult to catch up to the top vets in, especially being it is not P2w. To add to that, that is exactly what this post is about, bringing in more population... AND it is about sending a message to the MMORPG Industry Developers. The future of MMORPGs without such messages is a bleak one at best.

OH...You just started, then...I see.

Wow, I wish I had time to outline the differences between THIS game and others (and why you can never "catch up" and the world is in lockdown)- Why there will never be anymore Guild Wars etc...etc... Its a complex topic but has been discussed before.

Ryzom is FAR different than other MMOs and you will see what im saying after youve invested a few months in game. As a sandbox, you can never make money, your crafting /gathering is pointless and the players will give away items/XP pots /etc to anyone (which would take you months of grinding to make) effectivly ruining the economy. People are sitting on mountains of wealth and the world has been "split up" between Guilds who will not war each other.

Ryzom has the deepest crafting/gathering system ive ever seen...But again...Its pointless in the current game.

Have fun with it . It really is a great game.../But.... Without a wipe or new server the game will slowly die the death its been dying. IF they opened a new server, many would play . The thing im complaining about is something MANY people complain about after playing a bit and has been discussed like crazy on the official forums and even here. Even the Vets admit that the game "needs"a wipe or new server BUT say they will quit soince the population will be split.

Its lose/lose sadly.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by zaberfangx

Not sure why so many people hate over Ryzom, yeah I try it, but didn't catch my taste to keep playing, but man where are the all people that want sub games over f2p oh wait there all over at wow not helping sub future at all in being to one game only with there support.

But anyhow if Ryzom did catch my eye I would not be playing it on widows as is have linux support.

I am not sure what windows and linux support have to do with this. I have a basically stock 2010 computer with windows 7 I believe, and Ryzom runs quite well.

Was say for me, if I got in to Ryzom and playing it, then I would not be stuck on playing on widows, as I like it they have linux support.

Originally posted by Jacxolope

OH...You just started, then...I see.

Wow, I wish I had time to outline the differences between THIS game and others (and why you can never "catch up" and the world is in lockdown)- Why there will never be anymore Guild Wars etc...etc... Its a complex topic but has been discussed before.

Ryzom is FAR different than other MMOs and you will see what im saying after youve invested a few months in game. As a sandbox, you can never make money, your crafting /gathering is pointless and the players will give away items/XP pots /etc to anyone (which would take you months of grinding to make) effectivly ruining the economy. People are sitting on mountains of wealth and the world has been "split up" between Guilds who will not war each other.

Ryzom has the deepest crafting/gathering system ive ever seen...But again...Its pointless in the current game.

Have fun with it . It really is a great game.../But.... Without a wipe or new server the game will slowly die the death its been dying. IF they opened a new server, many would play . The thing im complaining about is something MANY people complain about after playing a bit and has been discussed like crazy on the official forums and even here. Even the Vets admit that the game "needs"a wipe or new server BUT say they will quit soince the population will be split.

Its lose/lose sadly.

Yeah I just started. And I am too stubborn to accept that I may be defeated in catching up. Wipe or no wipe, I can still build as if it was wiped and fresh slate and no one is before me. I can also utilize those that are before me perhaps to my advantage in some way shape or form... information for starters, which they have answered what questions I have had. Wipe or no wipe, others can do the same. An army of newbs rolling up the ladder will eventually bring a surge if they are there. And there were 3 mass pvp battles that I am aware through "Universe" chat just yesterday while I was playing. Some outpost bit? 

Well...Good luck. Really.

Its certainly an interesting game and theres fun to be had. Let us know how everything went a month or two down the road.

I'm merely bringing up one of the major complaints and the biggest reason most people who love these types of games (sandbox) end up leaving. After the last time the game changed hands or shut down/reopened (whatever) the entire forum was going crazy with people who had tried the game.loved it and quit after a couple months because of the fact that the world is (and has been) on total lockdown. If you can find that time frame on the official forum you will see tons of people saying "make a new server and I will play" and some seriosus discussion about the problems with this game- Its not something im"making up" and is one of the main reason new player retention rarely lasts past a few months .

Not knocking the game (I love(ed) Ryzom) and I hope you are able to stick with it. Just saying what needed to happen to actually bring players in...But TBH its probably too late now anyhow. I really do hope things go wellforyou as it really is a very unique gaming experience and a virtual World.