Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

Some of my favorite moments where back when the game was new.

Watching people open chests and do crafting and then fall over dead. They were the top two killers of players back then, I laughed soo much.

Another fond memory is of a now deleted Gnome monk that was ranked 7 in the kill to death ratio for a long time. I wasted a lot of goblins to get my title.

• DumasroxxDumasroxx Member Posts: 1

I recently returned to EQ2 and it's been a blast so far. My wife and I played the first EQ then moved to EQ2 when it was released and we plan on staying for a long time. When EQnext comes out we will more than likely play all three EQ's haha.

• yllisyllis Member UncommonPosts: 72
    My favorite moment was when we finally downed all the content in planes of power with the 72 person raids. Good times.
  • hanslauferhanslaufer Member UncommonPosts: 13

Played EQ2 since the beginning , more solo now since my last to guilds broke up but still fun even solo to dive in ounce in a while.

think my favorite xpac was still kunark , massive maps , lots of dungeons and great raids.

• xax68xax68 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Cant wait beta tested eq1/2
  • NekromNekrom Member Posts: 1
    I never played Everquest 2 because I'm still playing Everquest 1. 
  • iaverisiaveris Member UncommonPosts: 2
     Defeating Darathar.
  • tkinetik1tkinetik1 Member Posts: 1
    The best part of EQ2 was locking on the pvp servers at around 19, 29, and 39.   I miss the PVP in CL, DLW, and NEK.  A great game.
  • jeradljeradl Member UncommonPosts: 31
    My favorite Everquest II experience was the original content. Leveling took some time and could not be achieved or even expected to come quickly so people grouped folks under max level frequently. I prefer the old eq2 because it was more of an adventure and about the journey. In the new expansions and all new mmorgs developers unfortunately seem to make everything superfast to max and make it all about grinding out daily quests which are repetitively boring and are the new mmorg fad. The old content used to be about groups and encouraged it whereas the new mmorgs all lean to solo and raid. Rather than devise more interesting group content (with sufficiently large loot tables and rare drops for repeat play) and mechanics they just make big fat mobs with lots of hit points and have you throw more people at it thinking that somehow suffices for massively multiplayer just because they made it with huge health that took a while to kill. Somewhere along the line devs will figure out that just making a quest super long doesn't make it good or challenging. Bring back the adventure and group encouragement.
  • LitestepLitestep Member UncommonPosts: 38

My favorite moment still is the launch of the EQ2  ...  after EQ and Asherons Call - EQ2 was to be the game of all games, and (to me at least) it was. 

Now there are hundreds of 3d MMORPGs, and we've 'seen it all, done it all', but back then it was like traveling to a whole new world - all the anticipation, excitement, trying to get to next zone, admiring the sights. All that is still the reason I come back to EQ2 again and again.

• LokopukoLokopuko Member Posts: 13

There were countless great moments in Everquest 2.

Starting with the beginning of creating a character, entering the world, being just a refugee, seeing the beautiful graphics and realizing my PC was too slow back in the day. Becoming a citizen of Qeynos, learning my class, exploring and socializing. Forming groups, getting to know people from all around the world, it was one great adventure.

I remember seeing an assassin, an evil class, in Antonica and we were like "the enemy! it's invading!" but it turned out he was a friendly sort and although puzzled we invited him to our group and had some fun exploring Stormhold.

There are so many memorable moments, the first raids and the excitement, slaying our first dragon, Darathar after a long winded series of quests. Exploring the Kingdom of Sky and upgrading our Claymore heritage weapon, fighting Avatars of the gods in the Shadow Odyssey and looting their charms and unique weapons and armor. The epic quest series of Destiny of Velious, fighting the children of Rallos Zek. But the most memorable moment was saving the raid, playing as a brigand. The Paladin tank died and I grabbed the aggro with shenanigans, went into defensive stance and out healers managed to keep me healed, and I tanked it while our Paladin was being resurrected and his resurrection sickness removed by our dirge. He snapped the mob's aggro back onto him, I went back to offensive stance and continued beating on its back. In the end we managed to kill the mob. Good fun.

What I'm looking forward to in Altar of Malice is exploring the new content and socializing with people, it has been a while since I've last played.

• zar66zar66 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    its all about the content..
  • BainrowBainrow Member UncommonPosts: 29
    So many moments, too many favorites... Perhaps as a new player, two years ago, to finally kill the Lord in the tower in Zek, or perhaps buying my first prestige home and walking through it for the first time.  I first started playing EQ2 about two years ago, and have been playing ever since.
  • WindstryderWindstryder Member UncommonPosts: 34
    My favorite moment was finally getting my Arasai necro to 85 and completing the quest to fly without a mount.
  • GenieWinsletGenieWinslet Member UncommonPosts: 8
    My favorite EQ2 moment was that EQ2 was the very first game I played with my then gf and now wife. We both made little evil faerie necros and terrorized the now defunct starter isle for days.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

experience: after seven years eq2 goes ftp

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

I never knew that i would feel so small upon visiting Qeynos, until i got out to the reaches of Antonica where i felt all the more lost, tiny and helpless without anyone around, grouped mobs were too strong, thus i had to explore more to find suitable opponents to fight, which is not a bad thing since it got me to explore more and deeper....the same afternoon i found a Band of Brothers Guild with people from my country as well, and late in the afternoon i found myself after a dungeon or two, killing crabs with new transatlantic buddies and talking about everything while enjoying the wonderfull music, from dusk till dawn...EQ is a world of wonders, visual, social, epic, and ultimately a fantasy online universe, we so eagerly want to escape for some time from our everyday lives.

EQ will always be the portal to our fantasy lands! That's why to every person who has lived in it, even for a while still holds a very very special place in their hearts no other fantasy or scifi world but a handfull few has done.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• So many good memories of Everquest and Everquest 2 to choose from.  My most recent good memories is grouping with my friends in the Tower of Frozen Shadows in EQ2.  Learning all it's tricks and making it all the way to the x2 Tserrina, and with a  long epic fight taking her out the first time.  I'd love to see the new dungeons with my friends again, and level to 100 in the new expansion.  Working together with my friends to tackle content we weren't able to before with the new levels and new content.  
  • drjunkydrjunky Member UncommonPosts: 2
    My favorite time was running a raid with my first guild and most of the items that dropped, I got to keep as they were Paladin specific and I was the only Paladin in the raid. Several pieces of upgraded gear and a master level spell.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    When EQII launched it was flying to different locations via the flying loins.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • VanduleVandule Member Posts: 1

I think it would be probably when it first launched and while on the Isle of Refuge figuring out to make the combo attacks work with a random person I ran into and quested with. 

Other than that when I was doing heritage quests for the first time. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    My favorite memory is that i bought EverQuest 2 box edition from walmart,around when it first came out, instead of World of Warcraft. 
  • brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    My favorite moment from EQ2 was rolling an Arasai Shadowknight the day Arasai were patched in!
  • GreekaGreeka Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Never played any of t Everquest games other then a brief stint of EQ1 when testing a person's computer who was having issues with the games they played.  With this collector's edition and all the expansions it includes it would be a great way to see why this game was referred to as EverCrack for so long.
This discussion has been closed.