Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: New Male and Female Blood Elf Models Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard promised to give World of Warcraft players a look at the forthcoming character model updates for the game's most popular race, the Blood Elves. Delivering on that promise, here is what players can expect when the updated models go live.

Hello and welcome to the Blood Elf edition of Artcraft! We know that many of you have been waiting for this update, so I’ll just provide some quick background and then get straight into the imagery.

We’re aware that it’s not ideal to see a mix of older player character models next to newer player character models, especially when you happen to be a player of the Blood Elf variety—and we’re working as diligently to remedy that situation as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality. We don’t have an exact ETA for when you’ll see these in-game, but we’re happy with the direction of this update with regards to the model and textures; we’re now focusing on model and texture variations, as well as rigging and animating. We’ve streamlined the process quite a bit, so hopefully (knock on wood) those things will go smoothly and we’ll be able to roll these out quickly.

Senior Artist Dusty Nolting is focusing on the female model—here are his thoughts:

The Horde has classically been about brutes, blood, and thunder. The Blood Elves bring a bit of subtlety to the Horde, and I think that was one of the most important aspects of the Blood Elves to maintain. For the female specifically, something we did often was move things around in small but deliberate increments, to make sure everything was just right. It’s the delicate details like her nose shape or fingertips that represent the most challenging parts of upgrading the female.

Read more on the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    This makes me very happy. Cant wait to see this on my Pally!!!!
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The presentation doesn't mean anything because as with the other "new" models, they will probably look way different in game.

Blizzard just can't stop tinkering with good stuff and doesn't put anything into the game before they ruin them first in some way.

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Dat ass confirmed
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

Volgore I disagree. They're stuff is pretty high quality and as an owner of 4 90 be's., I approve

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Pfff...dat ass man...dat ass #NoHomo
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I wasn't happy at all with the new models. Yes lots more polygons and much better textures but the faces are generally not the same at all. Glad they added the feature to turn the new models off.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Jaedor

I wasn't happy at all with the new models. Yes lots more polygons and much better textures but the faces are generally not the same at all. Glad they added the feature to turn the new models off.

Oh plzzzz

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    A certain song by Sir Mix-A-Lot comes to mind :)
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Dat-Ass....
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Hero001Hero001 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    did they fix the bizarre female foot work when shooting animation though.. since they seem intent on importing the animation to Diablo 3 too....

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Why aren't the men wearing thongs?  The double standards of geek programmers never ceases to amaze me.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    It's all about that bass, bout that bass... Or something.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Praise Thrall, BE females finally have a$$e$ now!
  • LoMaX21LoMaX21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    lol all they did was make the female's underwear smaller.... and basically did jack squat to the males cept add nipples
  • ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I think they would lose a considerable number of their customers if they equipped the males with thongs..

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Oh, fix first that horror of existing new models before destroying more. Worst ever mistake from Blizzard in Wow are this abominations of "new models". Nobody requested COMPLETELY NEW FACIAL PARTS but just more DETAIL. Agrhhhh ....
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by LoMaX21
    lol all they did was make the female's underwear smaller.... and basically did jack squat to the males cept add nipples

You have a very bad eye for detail. 

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Ladies, confirm/deny, when fighting. You find a thong to be more effective for protecting your legs and groin from chaffing from armor.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Exactly. The most advertised feature turned to be total nighmare. Yes, they are high res and if I would have created all my 22 alts from scratch, would not complain. But they have COMPLETELY CHANGED look of EXISTING characters. Now after nearly 10 years I'm looking at total stranges if I leave on new models. 

So until they repair to this I will use eternaly old models.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    As if they did not have the most sexiest models already. well as someone has already said it is about the bass...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by daltanious

Exactly. The most advertised feature turned to be total nighmare. Yes, they are high res and if I would have created all my 22 alts from scratch, would not complain. But they have COMPLETELY CHANGED look of EXISTING characters. Now after nearly 10 years I'm looking at total stranges if I leave on new models. 

So until they repair to this I will use eternaly old models.

what a lame complain. these guys make billion $ profit every year and all they can give us are pre made models and then people complain about pre made models. what you should be complaining and asking for is enhanced character customization, to create our own character the way we want them to look : ugly, pretty, fat, tall, short, however we modify the looks. but instead we get this.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Very nice, they managed to update them without losing the look of the original models.  Something that took a lot of effort I imagine.

The only thing I'm worried about is the facial animations, some of the new ones on certain races look a little "goofy" but we will see I guess.

• PC_FerretPC_Ferret Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by Shadowdawnz
    I think they would lose a considerable number of their customers if they equipped the males with thongs..

Or pick up a whole bunch of new players.... One never knows, does one?

Or maybe we could get the BE females to switch to thongs....

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

I love the new models overall, it makes the game more appealing to me.

What I don't like though is sexualised models for female races, which is apparent here. Thankfully nothing nearly as bad as Tera.