Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question from a re-joiner

Hi Guys,

I used to play this game about 8 years ago. I quit this game since I had less time to play due to work and familiy.

I got a couple of questions regarding this game:

1. How is the game population? Are still lots of players playing this game or is this game almost dead?

2. Which character/class is the most fun at the moment? What do you guys enjoy?

3. How hard is it to find a Group when required?

4. Would you give me the advise to give this game another go or rather stay away from it?

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Finster

Comments

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by Finsterwald

Hi Guys,

I used to play this game about 8 years ago. I quit this game since I had less time to play due to work and familiy.

I got a couple of questions regarding this game:

1. How is the game population? Are still lots of players playing this game or is this game almost dead?

Population is good in the high level areas, Gondor, and in big hubs like Bree. Probably no where near the pop 7 years ago when it launched, but still enough to find groups for instances all the time.

2. Which character/class is the most fun at the moment? What do you guys enjoy?

All characters are fun in my opinion, although I like my Champ and my Minstrel best. They are all soloable nowadays.

3. How hard is it to find a Group when required?

Depends on your level. No probs for higher levels. Most dungeons are part of the skirmish finder as well, which is server wide so that will slot you into a group for an instance if you need it. For most open world play you will never need to group though.

4. Would you give me the advise to give this game another go or rather stay away from it?

Definately play this game, 7 years old and still going strong and they changed lots of the starter areas and quests to keep it fresh.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Finster

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

1 and 3 are related, and depending on your selected server (if you plan to continue with your former characters). There are very active and also there are quieter servers too. On the crowded ones it's not an issue to gather a group, on the others it might be good to join a kin for the lower levels to get company - but not necessary, most group quests and instances are not "forced grouping" anymore, you can solo them if there's nobody willing to lend a hand.

(on a sidenote, if you played in Eu under Codemasters, there was an account + server transfer 3-4 years ago, everything is in the US now under Turbine. There's a chance your old account is gone)

2, that'd be the beorning, since that's the new shiny... but from the base classes I'd add a +1 to the above, champ with shing-shing is still the best :) Or if you had a mini back then, it worths a check too, not a slow, tedious healbot anymore (*), Turbine made a dps-machine from it.   (*) sadly, I liked the old minstrel.

4, definitely give it a go, you can't lose anything (besides some download time). It's f2p, so download the client and check around the servers, find one you like the most. If you can use your old account that will be in premium state, with your old characters having no restrictions. If you can't and you need to start fresh... even as f2p the first 30-32 levels are pretty much free, giving more than enough time to make up your mind :)

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

I think it's a great game, my main reservation is grouping is quite difficult at lower levels, and there's no way to search for kinships.

If you want a high population server the best choices are currently Brandywine for high level and Gladden for mixed. I think Crickhollow is the new recommended server, so that's going to rise in population over the next few months. According to the forums most other servers are fine with just one or two really quiet. The community is still brilliant, people are helpful, polite and generous. You do get some idiots of course, but it's rare.