Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: PvP Content To Shine in Next Massive Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Grinding Gears has blown the lid off the next update to Path of Exile. With a heavy focus on PvP, 1.3.0 will bring new features and systems to the game including new Torment and Bloodlines Challenge Leagues, a PvP-focused Forsaken Master, competitive PvP tournaments, PvP-only characters, new gems and uniques, an overhauled passive skill tree and more.

New Challenge Leagues: Torment and Bloodlines

December's 1.3.0 Content Update marks the start of two new Challenge Leagues, providing players with an opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of Path of Exile. Torment and Bloodlines both have unique properties that set them apart from normal play:

• Torment: In Torment, the standard Challenge League, players are haunted by the spirits of tormented criminals that yield their ill-gotten gains when slain. Eager to protect their trove, spirits flee when encountered, imbuing nearby monsters with dangerous powers and improving their item drops. It's possible for spirits to possess rare and unique enemies, greatly increasing their threat and potential value to treasure-seeking exiles. Grinding Gear Games will release a video showcasing Torment in the near future. 

• Bloodlines: In Bloodlines, the hardcore Challenge League, each pack of magic monsters has a shared Bloodlines mod that greatly influences combat -- sometimes while the pack is still alive, and sometimes after it has been killed. Where Nemesis involved rare monsters gaining an additional power, Bloodlines revolves around groups of monsters with synergistic powers. Varied strategy is needed for approaching the different Bloodlines, as they have a wide array of effects, such as constructing an Animated Guardian piece-by-piece as each monster is killed or becoming immortal in the near proximity of their slain brethren.

Read all of the details on the Path of Exile site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Why wont they let us choose servers. I'm stuck playing Sing-tard servers.
  • SidadSidad Member UncommonPosts: 50

Just quit playing this game when DA:I came out. Got extremely bored and annoyed with the game.

As solo player farming maps for gear is pointless so only fun for me was making different builds and trying out how far I can get them. And still no updates regarding Trading System. :(

Even thou there was option (Arena) for PvP it was pretty much dead. I wonder if new update will change anything regarding PvP. No point to pvp if you cant get gear for build you want to use in pvp. Wish they made it like GW2 independent of pve. Than it would be actually competitive imo.

And new "Torment" league gives improved item drop? wow I cant believe that lol. They promised to make game only harder. Oh well I dunno how "improved" the rate will be but if its something like 10% more chance on top of  0.00000001 chance rate it will be pretty much pointless. But  I guess they might be giving in to QQ of ( almost all) players (who don't use cheats) that find game to be completely unrewarding. So I hope for their sake they make the change that will actually make a difference when it comes to end game items drop rates.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by yaminsux

You don't have an option when you log in? I see a window with servers and a drop-down arrow to let me pick others.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Was thinking about getting back into PoE recently but was kind of undecided. If theyre putting some focus into PvP though I'm definitely going to have to come back at least for a little while. Always enjoyed the game in the past just kept getting wrapped up in playing other things.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    PVP in an ARPG is a waste of time and resources.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by sketocafe

Originally posted by yaminsux

You don't have an option when you log in? I see a window with servers and a drop-down arrow to let me pick others.

Nope those singapore retards already provided with their own launcher.