Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get full Star Citizen game preorder for 20$ on Friday plus starter ship

124»

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by Erillion

Would you please post the link where he said anything of the things you mentioned above ?

Almost certain it was quoted on /r/starcitizen, I remember thinking it was a strange thing to say and followed the link to verify it, and it was indeed a post by him. If I find it then I'll update.

Auroras are aimed at getting new backers - https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3917684/#Comment_3917684

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Auroras are aimed at getting new backers

We all agree on that.

Have fun

We all agree on that.

Have fun

Well you did say "Would you please post the link where he said anything of the things you mentioned above?" implying that all of the things I wrote could be a lie.

Well you did say "Would you please post the link where he said anything of the things you mentioned above?" implying that all of the things I wrote could be a lie.

I did say that.

And the implications of this i leave to anyones interpretation.

If you claim someone said something, you better quote the source.

Have fun

I did say that.

And the implications of this i leave to anyones interpretation.

If you claim someone said something, you better quote the source.

Have fun

Only if something hasn't been deleted, it was a pretty 'out there' comment, besides I'm not fanatical enough about SC to start archiving quotes for future "defense".

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Erillion you working for the developer or what?

Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Erillion you working for the developer or what?

This question has been answered with a "No" in the past. Several times. Neither for the developer nor for anyone in contract with the developer.

Just because i am a backer of Star Citizen, am familiar with the articles and many forum entries about SC since 2012 ... and generally know how to use in a meaningful way Google, Wikipedia and forum archives available to anyone does not make me an employee of CIG.

There came a point some months ago while reading the Star Citizen forums when i thought to myself : "Amazing, the amount of bullshit, misinformation, outright lies, hatred, character assassination, misquotes, conjecture being named the one and only truth etc. going on in this part of the forum."  Did not happen in a decade of using mmorpg.com , not even in the perfect storm season of SWG going into NGE, which says a lot.

So i decided to start sharing verifiable information with users on this forum. Links, quotes, articles, technical background, progress reports. Not conspiracy theories. When i post my own opinion, i try to mark it clearly, usually with an "IMHO".

Did not take long til some people tried to make a kind of forum PvP out of it. Childish games - so obvious, so uninspired. Especially when some people made mistakes when switching to their other forum clones while answering and applauding their own SC bashing  posts ... made me LOL long and hard. Even more so when i know some of these people from other forums (from which they were usually banned by now) by their writing style.

I will keep sharing news about Star Citizen and participating in discussions about the game until the game releases - and beyond.

Have fun

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I work for the developers.

no wait they work for me, I'm paying them to work on the game

it's a strange new businessmodel called crowdfunding

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I work for the developers.

no wait they work for me, I'm paying them to work on the game

it's a strange new businessmodel called crowdfunding

a business model that will suffer greatly if this game doesn't release with the expectations the hype train is pulling along. In my opinion that is a bad thing since it will be harder for indies to make their games.