Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny vid about p2w

SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Im not here to say if Archage is P2W or not I just wanna share this vid as it made me laugh:

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    lol 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by SwampDragons

Im not here to say if Archage is P2W or not I just wanna share this vid as it made me laugh:

This is a classic rant. Right up there with Bring up the servers and "Practice"

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673

Is this a realistic representation of the imbalance and P2W elements of the game?  

If so I am glad I by-passed it.  

• DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107

This is exactly what it is.. honestly.. a person that doesnt pay cant get there gear up in quality as fast as one that does pay.. and it takes a good while to make gold in the game..

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

In actual practice, it's not just about getting gear up "as fast".  The mathematical average time it takes to get the gear up to the higher levels means that you won't be getting there until you've literally died of old age if you don't pay, unless you leech off an entire guild and the poor suckers don't realize that they're devoting all their time and efforts into feeding one person (although in retrospect, I've yet to see anyone really pull that off.  AA is set up so that the amount of labor points needed for high end gear even with several players pooling all their free labor together still doesn't really come close to what you can get by whaling up the max amount of labor potions each day.)

In essence, what I mean is that for EVERY free player, you won't be getting there "as fast".  You'll NEVER be getting there AT ALL (in actual practice. Again, theretically, you could, but you'll literally die of old age so "theretical" becomes impossible when you factor in the fact that human beings have LIMITED LIFE SPANS)

......not including exploiting of course.  Exploiting is so friggin' rampant in the western versions of Archeage that there's a hilarious amount of non-whale cheaters running around in high upgraded delphinad gear.  A lot of whales are realizing this and quitting the game if the forum posts are any indication, which can't be good for Trion's bottom line when whales provide the majority of the revenue in games like this.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by SwampDragons

This is a classic rant. Right up there with Bring up the servers and "Practice"

ofc and it hold some kind of amusement :D

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305

Opposed to the popular believe the most tears ghave come from people trying to put money and "pay to win".

"I am founder and i have no land" , "put so much money in it and they destroyed the market"  etc  etc.

As funny as this guys video is (of which this must be the xth thread about linking to his vid) you should see his video about he he LOOSE like 1k $ destroying his best weapon on a regrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odFzwYAbid0

If anything Archeage is pay to loose.

Originally posted by farbege

Opposed to the popular believe the most tears ghave come from people trying to put money and "pay to win".

"I am founder and i have no land" , "put so much money in it and they destroyed the market"  etc  etc.

As funny as this guys video is (of which this must be the xth thread about linking to his vid) you should see his video about he he LOOSE like 1k $ destroying his best weapon on a regrade.

Any pay-to-win game is "lose cash" by definition.  Because paying is losing cash.  (technically, any pay product in general is losing cash, although pay-to-win obviously results in a larger amount of cash payment to a whale, and thus loss, than most other things) As long as you keep throwing money at it until the RNG finally works out for you (an option that isn't present for a non-whale because time has hard limits while money, for some people, does not), you still will be"winning" (whatever that person feels is winning) the game compared to those non-whales though.  Just while losing cash.  Cause losing cash is what paying IS.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Any pay-to-win game is "lose cash" by definition.  Because paying is losing cash.  (technically, any pay product in general is losing cash, although pay-to-win obviously results in a larger amount of cash payment to a whale, and thus loss, than most other things) As long as you keep throwing money at it until the RNG finally works out for you (an option that isn't present for a non-whale because time has hard limits while money, for some people, does not), you still will be"winning" (whatever that person feels is winning) the game compared to those non-whales though.  Just while losing cash.  Cause losing cash is what paying IS.

Since i didnt use chas shop, i WON then without paying.

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Since i didnt use chas shop, i WON then without paying.

You're special!