Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• AlastirAlastir Member UncommonPosts: 14
    My favorite moment in EQII is not the game it self ( though it is a fantastic game ) , But the friends i have made over the years . Today , my very best friends , i met though the game . And i love those guys . Just the good times we have playing together IS my favorite moments .
  • weskatweskat Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Favorite moment is actually many moments - grouping with friends and making new ones along the way
  • hrsahatchievhrsahatchiev Member UncommonPosts: 6
    My favorite moment in EverQuest II is to explore the big world , the beautiful views and architecture.
  • dcope88dcope88 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Honestly my best moment was probably back when i first tried the game. I found a copy of the game with several expansions years ago on sale for under $10 AND it came with a free month of subscription (back before it went f2p of course). I remember the excitement I had to try out another big MMO since I was burned out from WoW and DAOC at the time. My first few hours logged on I spent hours just running around the first zone trying to complete artifact collections. I remember the early days fondly.
  • unaran14unaran14 Member Posts: 1
    Since ended ShadowKnight's EW the other day, I'm looking forward to Primordial Malice's Story.
  • ricsamshawricsamshaw Member Posts: 16
    I've played EQ from the beginning until EQ2 came out.  My best moment and thrill was the first day launch of EQ2, starting on the starter island and getting surprised by the big shark in the bay! The music was epic. Also running around the starter island with a group of people figuring out  what to do on the island. Then of course the momentous decision which side to choose!
  • MGPetersonMGPeterson Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I have always been a fan of the EQ franchise.  That said, EQ2 presented me so many more RP opportunities than EQ1.  I'm really excited for this expansion as it should hold me over until EQN comes out!

My best memory from EQ2 was when my friend and I came across a ogre camp and when we "conned" them, they conned as "sees you as amiable."  We were like, "Okay, lets go talk to the ogres!"  When we entered the camp, they proceeded to beat us to death.  We laughed and said, "OH!  I get it!  They were VERY HAPPY to see us so that we could fill their cooking pot with our dead flesh. LOL!"

• projaproja Member UncommonPosts: 2

I'm looking forward to an island of a dinosaur and the new landscape!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

What I love most about EQ2 is the old school feel. Where the holy trinity rules and being a tank, healer or support means something. Seems to many modern MMOs the only spec that really matters is DPS. I love my enchanter, a few weeks ago I got to play in a real raid (its been a while) and playing a CC class changing the balance of the raid was a blast. Doing DPS but also my class role. 

As for the new expanion, Kithcore Forest was one of my fav EQ1 zones. I am so looking forward to exploring that zone and seeing the modern twist added in EQ2 to this beloved EQ lore. Also really wana play the new race.

• CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87

I love setting things on fire. Its why I MMO and why I love EQ2. For me, the time that stands out as most exciting is exploring. A few weeks ago I was all alone in Feerott with an alt and I was so freaked out by the noises and monsters, that I had the most fun I can remember in a long time. Also I love my house! No other MMO has a better housing system. I had a personal moment the other day when I made my first fridge. If you don't know, that's saying something 8) As for the expansion, Im not sure I am looking forward to it at all as I hate the undead. So I will say that what I am looking forward most in the expansion is getting new goodies for my house and gaming with my husband.

• UweenukrUweenukr Member Posts: 1
    EQ2 is the best MMO from the early 2000s. It still has so much to offer. So happy to see it still going strong! I happily tell any and everyone about how well done that game is.
  • tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

Eq2 was my first mmo.  I remember my friend saying, 'why don't you try it' and I thought to myself pay a monthly fee for a game are you crazy!?  I've been hooked on eq2 since and because of it have played many many mmo's.   

One of my favorite memories is meeting new friends and joining my first guild.   The laughs we had back then learning how to play and the teamwork needed was priceless.  I'll never forget it and the game has just improved in so many ways.

• tifalockharttifalockhart Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Love playing EQ2 now and again, for me my favourite moment and i still have the screenshot was me and my friend back to back fending off an army of orcs on our paladins felt truly epic even with being low level. damm loved that game for grouping.

Waiting For:Archeage
    current:Guild Wars 2
    past: EQ, EQ2, Planetside, SWG, Matrix Online, Ultima Online, WoW, CoH/CoV, Tabula Rasa, Pirates of the Burning sea, AoC, Eve Online, Startrek Online.Fallen Earth, Champions Online, SWTOR

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353

Hope this will be a kickstarter for me to get back into EQ2, so much memory :(

• AevrenAevren Member UncommonPosts: 6
    My favorite EQ2 memory is making my Halfling bard. The role-play of that class/race combo was just endless. A happy, mischievous bard running through the zones spinning his tales of lore. I love EQ2 for being able to make characters I wasn't able to make in EQ1.
  • Flawed98401Flawed98401 Member UncommonPosts: 2

My favorite EQII experience was near when the game first launched. I was playing with my step brother and a small group of people in Blackburrow, killing gnolls. Only he, myself and one other person in our group had completed the collection to understand what the gnolls were saying, the rest of the group were still collecting the pieces so all they heard and saw was yipping and barks.

My step brother was tanking, I was on my warlock who found a higher tier version of a spell that was basically carrying the group. I was also the only caster. Our main tactic was "nuke them before we die". During a hard fight the group started to panic, saying "I think we need to run." Confident that the spell would still nuke them and we'd win, I insisted we stay. "No, we'll be fine." Seconds later I see one of the gnolls yell "Get the wizard!". Suddenly my tactics changed.

"RUN! RUN THEY FIGURED US OUT!"

Since only 3 of us understood what was said the rest of the group was clueless, but my step brother fell out of his chair laughing.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    One of my favourite EQ2 memories is killing Byzola on the last day before the next expac.  Was great to actually get the boss down!    Finally clearing Plane of War was pretty epic too.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• SirTSirT Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Favorite experience for me is playing a Bruiser and my wife playing a Fury, and getting them to max level on the PVP server.
  • DakenBDakenB Member Posts: 2

I have been playing Eq2 sense launch (hearing it has been ten years blows my mind) and i would say Echos of Faydwer probably stands has my favorite expansion. The second of which stands as Rise of Kunark.

Echos of Faydwer brought the finishing touches of the massive changes from the kingdom of sky  expansion and really offered the most life to all levels of the game. I enjoyed being offered a whole new route to take as i leveled my characters and the environment felt alive. With this expansion came also unrest which stands as the most fascinating and enjoyable dungeon experiences. Even though I died countless times trying to figure the puzzles out and almost rage quit multiple times through the process. On the other hand rise of kunark offered some of my favorite lore to the game with the ring of scale and epic quests.

The newest expansion has me excited cause its content seems to have taken a different route from the past few expansions in terms of content and lore. The content has me interested cause the environment is finally focused on new places and not this rehashing of old zones with new skins. This comes with an escape from alternative worlds and back to places we have known existed according to lore, but never went. This coupled with level 100 and the new A A s has me interested enough I been considering picking up the expansion even though I have moved on to other games and only play this part time and mainly to catch up with old friends in the game.

• AlyndrysAlyndrys Member UncommonPosts: 5
    My favourite EQ II memory is going for the first time to the Sinking Sand with some higher level guild mates to do the carpet quests. The world looked so magical ! EQ II is still magical to me :) So many things to do, never to get bored :)
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    The Aerakyn look like an interesting new race.
  • FalstaffFalstaff Member UncommonPosts: 78

The memory I look back on the most is when I was just a level 1 Ratonga Brigand, running around in the City of Freeport.  Thats when I ran into my old friend from Everquest 1.   It was none other than Boomba The Big.  That family is still in the pickle selling business.  

What I look forward to the most in the latest expansion is exploring and finding more links to the past like this one!

• DublockDublock Member UncommonPosts: 19
    There is so much to love in my past experiences I am not sure I can do any one thing justice by posting here. I would have to say the thing that has always kept me coming back is the community, always new content and the depth of it all.

• NeoMatrix835NeoMatrix835 Member UncommonPosts: 7

The best times I had playing EQ2 were way back when Nagafen opened for the first time.  My buddies and I frequently went out looking for small group fights in addition to watching our backs while clearing dungeons.

That beings aid, I haven't logged in much since.  (And that was a long time ago)  I do remember there being a bit of "magic" when playing EQ2 that other more themepark-centric MMOs shy'd away from.  I think this has more to do with feeling like you are in a world that is a place rather than compact areas you are meant to see once and move along.

I have been looking to dive back into MMOs again and am interested in what the expansion has to offer... so tossing my name in the hat and hoping for the best!

• TrackerwolfTrackerwolf Member UncommonPosts: 9

I was playing an assassin in a guild group. The tank had just got the attention of a group of sarnak when noticed another group walking up from another direction. Not having time to warn the group, I hit stealth and backed into a corner. The rest of the group died in a "what just happened" moment. I used an item to rezz the priest once everything calmed down.

My assassin is excited about more power. I enjoy new places to explore.

This discussion has been closed.