Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Tier 17 Raid Armor Preview

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Now that the dust has settled from the push through the Dark Portal, it's time to gear up and head into Highmaul. To do it, you'll need something new to wear (wear last year's armor to a new raid? Perish the thought!) and this week, Blizzard got the ball rolling by releasing images of the new Tier 17 armor sets.

Anyway, to see what you think, check out the new sets for all the classes on the official WoW blog.

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    World of Shoulders.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    WoW so long since the last time i got to see a plate character without a robe in this game :) They are Male again woot.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

90% of the sets have been looking like crap for years anyway. At times way over the top, other times uninspired.

Can't tell plate from clothes anymore and alot of T17 pieces would rather fit into Wildstar. About damn time to get back to the roots with these sets and make i.e. a hunter look like he is sort of ranger instead of a year 2075 space mutant on steroids.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Think these pictures don't do them justice, better viewed on Wowhead. They've been on there since june it seems.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2364/wod-transmog-armor

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    gear has been atrocious since lich king
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

I like most of them

• ValentinelessValentineless Member Posts: 51
    lol paladins always look the best for some reason, blizzard loves them alot

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    I've always disliked WOW armour- it is just too absurdly large.  I know they are trying to reward those people who run raids with bigger and bigger outfits, but frankly there is a limit beyond which these things just look monumentally stupid.  
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111

the armor sets look "samey" like this when they are out of time, development-wise

the next tier will prolly be a lot better

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by DMKano

They don't look particularly epic to me.

I guess theres only so much epic you can think of after 16 previous times.

Also why do they all look like Plate armor (with exception of few like Druid)?

Totally. I can't understand why cloth armor looks like plate.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    More crappy looking gear yayyyy

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Quite the fugly lineup you got there Blizz. 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

This is precisely why Transmogification was introduced into the game.  They've done run out ideas for cool armor.  

Although I do like the way the DK set looks.  Pretty damn awesome. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    goofy
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    They should introduce a new item slot - the knee pad.  imagine the glory and respect as glowing arcs of destruction burst from your legendary knee pads every 30 seconds!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    They should introduce a new item slot - the knee pad.  imagine the glory and respect as glowing arcs of destruction burst from your legendary knee pads every 30 seconds!

LOL that would be great.  I think they pretty much worked the shoulder pad slot over as much as possible.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I really, really wish WoW had a toggle to turn off the shoulders displayed on the armor like they do with helms and cloaks. So happy I don't have to deal with that nonsense in FFXIV; I'm supposed to be a priestess, not a football player.

<3

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Most of these would look fine if they just toned down the damn shoulders. Some of them make Adeptus Astartes shoulder plates look modest, sheesh.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

No thank you. Its time for Blizz to hire a new designer.

Transmog next.

----

----

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Looks really cool. Way better than in MoP imho.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I like how one set for each class draws inspiration from a Burning crusade set. A subtle wink without writing people on the nose.

But as always everybody have a favourite set that they just want to be released over and over again with some tweaks.. just like with movies and music. Good thing Blizzard have a solution for people like that.

All in all i like the new sets and i am curious to see what they bring with the coming tiers. Personally i hope for a call back to the even earlier sets.

This have been a good conversation

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    As much as I love wow especially right now. This gear doesn't exactly make me want to start raiding.

I really don't get what their obsession with bulk is. I can get the shoulders and helmets but like even the forearm piece is always just this ugly bulky thing that blends in to the bulky chest armor. Plate and even chain classes?! Sure! Why not?

But leather and Cloth?!? Thankfully Druid and Warlock don't look bad and those are the leather and cloth classes I currently have. if I do some how decided to spend my life raiding.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    What a bunch of boohoo whiny Debbie downers. Pathetic. I can understand complaining about something that matters, but when you don't even play it, why even bother reading the article and commenting. It's World of Warcraft, it's not like it's some new game that was developed by a group of new developers that can be persuaded one way or another, no this is WoW, you won't know what they do till they do it and at that time you can take it or leave it.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

tbh, i am quite disappointed with the design, especially Druid, like others said, it's just missing the elegance that you would have back in the days of TBC, with more simplistic design, yet so strong in their characteristics..

sorry to say, but i will be keeping my Transmog

So What Now?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So glad I got off the WoW gear treadmill years ago