Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Diablo 3 just as good on PS4 as PC?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I am going to try to get a PS4 today. Was wondering if Diablo 3 was just as good on the PS4 as on the PC.

This would be my first Diablo game actually. I had Sacred 2 on PS3, but didnt like it so much. Hope this is more fun.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• JustinFatalxJustinFatalx Member UncommonPosts: 11

Yes it is a very good game but make sure you get the Expansion Reaper of Souls it comes with the original Diablo 3 also so you do not need to buy both.

I have only heard good things about it so far.

I do believe it requires an online connection to even play so be warned about the chance of that.

• Actually Diablo 3 is better on ps4 than pc. I've Diablo 3 on both consoles. And mostly I'm playing on ps4. Controls are a lot smoother and enjoyable. You're not just using your two fingers on your mouse, you're actually doing something on ps4.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by JustinFatalx

Yes it is a very good game but make sure you get the Expansion Reaper of Souls it comes with the original Diablo 3 also so you do not need to buy both.

I have only heard good things about it so far.

I do believe it requires an online connection to even play so be warned about the chance of that.

I thought about getting this for the PC but it says you need D3 to get the xpac to work. Is this different for the consoles  or will this also work with the PC even though they say different?

• Originally posted by AreWeLive
    Originally posted by JustinFatalx Yes it is a very good game but make sure you get the Expansion Reaper of Souls it comes with the original Diablo 3 also so you do not need to buy both.   I have only heard good things about it so far.   I do believe it requires an online connection to even play so be warned about the chance of that.
     I thought about getting this for the PC but it says you need D3 to get the xpac to work. Is this different for the consoles  or will this also work with the PC even though they say different?

On pc you have to buy Diablo 3 and the Reaper of Souls expansion. But Blizzard released another edition for ps4 which named Ultimate Evil Edition. This edition include both Diablo 3 and the Reaper of Souls. This way you just need to buy one game. But unfortunately you don't have this option on pc.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Nepheth

Originally posted by AreWeLive

Originally posted by JustinFatalx Yes it is a very good game but make sure you get the Expansion Reaper of Souls it comes with the original Diablo 3 also so you do not need to buy both.   I have only heard good things about it so far.   I do believe it requires an online connection to even play so be warned about the chance of that.

On pc you have to buy Diablo 3 and the Reaper of Souls expansion. But Blizzard released another edition for ps4 which named Ultimate Evil Edition. This edition include both Diablo 3 and the Reaper of Souls. This way you just need to buy one game. But unfortunately you don't have this option on pc.

that is to bad, would have grabbed it but do not own a colsole.  Thx for the info.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Actually Diablo 3 is better on ps4 than pc. I've Diablo 3 on both consoles. And mostly I'm playing on ps4. Controls are a lot smoother and enjoyable. You're not just using your two fingers on your mouse, you're actually doing something on ps4.

This exactly

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    No seasons  on the console though. 
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

PC is better console version is full of cheaters.

Check it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13841254758

• Originally posted by Braindome

Check it:

Why should I care about them? How they're ruining my gaming experience? Is there a pvp content that they can ruin my gaming? Diablo 3 has offline mod on consoles. Which most of the players on pc wanted this since release. So unfortunately if there is an offline mod then yes there will always be cheaters. But Blizzard already patched most of these exploids. And on top of that If you play even once on the online servers with these hacked items and get reported you will be banned immediately. You seriously think that Blizzard let those hackers ruin their game? You have to choose. If you want an offline mod, you don't have to right to cry about hackers. Or if you want a game without any hackers, you don't have to right to cry about that there is no offline mod.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Originally posted by Braindome

Check it:

Why should I care about them? How they're ruining my gaming experience? Is there a pvp content that they can ruin my gaming? Diablo 3 has offline mod on consoles. Which most of the players on pc wanted this since release. So unfortunately if there is an offline mod then yes there will always be cheaters. But Blizzard already patched most of these exploids. And on top of that If you play even once on the online servers with these hacked items and get reported you will be banned immediately. You seriously think that Blizzard let those hackers ruin their game? You have to choose. If you want an offline mod, you don't have to right to cry about hackers. Or if you want a game without any hackers, you don't have to right to cry about that there is no offline mod.

There are no "servers" on the console. The hackers are running rampant and nothing can be done about them, much less a ban by blizzard. Blizzard has no control on the console as they are run by microsoft / sony . So mods / hacks can and will be present. So yes blizzard has let the hackers run amock in the game by not coding in any measures to check when going online for hacked gear.

That being said the PS4 version is a better version to me. I have hundreds of hours on the PS4 and still love to play. Easiest thing to do is find a group of friends on the PSN that play legit and roll with them. Going into public games will almost always result in at least 1-2 people with hacked gear. Same issue as with Borderlands 1 & 2 on console. Save game files are local and can be hacked, no servers to log into so no checks on gear.

No seasons / ladders on console either. As it would be pointless due to the hackers. Patches are released later than PC also.

IMO well worth the buy if nothing else to play with a couple of friends.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by megarax
    No seasons  on the console though. 

An issue for me as well

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

PC version hands down. Plus, the new patch is coming soon, and consoles are not getting that any time soon.