Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

My favorite moment came with the Echoes expansion. I convinced a couple of friends to give the game a shot. They had only really every played WoW, and it was at a time our guild was in the middle of some drama. We were basically just sitting in Vent talking about the lack of anything going on in the game, the guild leadership drama, etc. I was hardly in the discussion when one of them asked why I was quiet.

"You're playing EQ2 again, aren't you?" 

The conversation switched to ragging on EQ2 for being ugly, empty and a wannabe WoW. One was poking fun over the fact I was playing a Dirge, "Wtf is a Dirge?" and "It's a Bard? You sing people to death? That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard" Finally after about 2 hours of back and forth our Resident pally decided to give the game a shot out of boredom. I went over the basics with him and got him doing some quests.

The next day I logged in and get a whisper from him asking if I could help them finish a quest line. He had convinced our other pally and his girlfriend to try the game. We ran a few quests together while talking in Vent when a couple of our guildies from WoW logged on asking if we had any plans for dungeons that night. We explained we were playing EQ2 and taking a break from WoW due to the drama. Our Warlock started on the whole Bard thing again and then on the fact that our pally and his GF were playing 'Fairies'. He finally decided to download the game and see what we were having fun with. 

For the next hour after he created his character he complained about the controls, the vendors, the bank, etc. We grouped with him to help him with a few quests because "These quests don't really tell you what to do... how are you supposed to know where to go?"

In the middle of a rant he was interrupted by the pally's GF who yelled "Shiney! Mine!". He asked "what the hell is a shiney?" We explained collections, shineys on the ground and collection rewards/xp.

Over the next week we had gained two more refugees from our WoW guild. We had a couple of re-rolls as people tried different classes to fit their style. Pally's GF began crafting food and he began crafting armor. The Lock discovered housing and demanded that everyone get a place and let him help decorate.

After about a month the guild drama came to a rest in WoW. Raiding was back to it's normal schedule. We began logging in for our normal raid nights, which soon became a single raid night. But every other night we we running around Norrath.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• iatesandiatesand Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I love eq2, it was a great MMO that  just didnt get the love it needed.  I enjoyed the guild and the people I played with. I might just reinstall and check it out
  • brindybrindy Member UncommonPosts: 8

One of my favorite experience was seeing Vision of Vox for the first time. Walking into the castle in Permaforst and seeing her sitting there made me smile. I was thinking "I remember you!!"(from eq1)

It reminded me that even tho they are much different there are still signs of old Norrath around.

As for the new expansion, I always look forward to working my carpenter up so I can craft all the new furniture pieces and check them out inside one of my homes.

• aegolinaegolin Member UncommonPosts: 17

Actually I really enjoyed EQ2 when you had to work as a team with Heroic Opportunities to tackle the harder content.

Aego

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• m4rd3rm4rd3r Member Posts: 1

My favorite EQ2 expirience was the old Qeynos/Freeport Betrayer questline.

Froglock SK ftw!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

When realised that halflings are not even close to hobbits ;) and I say that without any malice, heh-he.

But some free malice, even it's just an altar, could come handy any time. Especially now that the P7S1 detour is over and my SOE acc is whole again.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Enjoyed it back-in-the-day before some expansions that frankly turned me off. This was before it went free-to-play or freemium or whatever. We had a great guild and a lot of fun.
  • Arious4Arious4 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I'm excited for the new zones and new quests.
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Probably the first time I stepped into a guild house. I'd played on an off for years, but never really got involved with any guilds or got to a decently high level. Finally got involved with a guild with a few friends and I remember them getting me to go inside (they knew infinitely more about the game than I) and being blown away at this amazing castle that was filled with awesome trophies, artwork, NPC's and more. Blew my mind because not only did it feel like a real, living environment, but that it was the collective work of a group of folks that had put this all together themselves.
  • geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73

Been playing on and off since release.

My most memorable moment was getting - with the help of a bunch on guildies - the epic weapon for my defiler.

That and being main healer during progression thru TSO.

• AonevmAonevm Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I still remember my ratonga doing the betrayal quest, was alot of work but fun and the looks by others was priceless !
  • xtreem22xtreem22 Member UncommonPosts: 10

This moment when i got the opportunity to get an wonderful new expansion/upgrade for EQ2. A game which is one of the longest mmo thats still going strong after years and years which has been and still is an example for lots of new mmos and other type of online games.

The best moment is hard to discribe when lots of updates have been times for me that brought joy and satisfaction into gaming

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Strangely my favourite moment was getting my little one room in queynos.was so excited to decorate it.no game has offered the customization you csn do in a house.
    simply amazing.i spent so much time decorating .i was more excited getting a nice house item then a new piece of armor.
  • RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

This one is easy:

The biggest memory i have about EQ2 is the first time i saw the huge and nice looking towns back in the closed beta. While i disliked some of the steps they implemented that moved away from EQ 1,.. i really really loved the look and the towns. Comic look for sure, but a great middle way between performance and feeling.

What i am looking for the most? It is Everquest ffs. What is not to like about it?! Every xpac made the game better and better, most of the time without making older content outdated. Pretty sure they will hit the nail with this one as well. Can't wait!

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Excited for the new expansion Altar of Malice!!
  • darksunfurydarksunfury Member Posts: 2
    had so much fun when the pvp server first released, all the zones were in absolute chaos and it was just a good time.
  • Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Picking one EQ2 moment or one expansion feature would be impossible. I just love the EQ license in general in soooo many ways. Have lived there in one way or another for 15 years and hopefully many more.
  • AG-ODINAG-ODIN Member UncommonPosts: 34

The first day of launch, when my group and I arrived in the commonlands and being blowed away by the size of it with giffion's flying over head, that and Making our first guild hall and spending many months making thousands of items to decorate it.

New zones! Raids, EVERYTHING!

• kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I played EQ2 for 2 years since launch. Had a great guild but when that broke up, I left the game. Maybe now is the time to get back in and relive those god memories :) Only time will tell.
  • rooster99rooster99 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    my fav eq2 moment was exploring low lvl zones then killing epics with my friends
  • MooczaczoMooczaczo Member UncommonPosts: 21
    First time used feigned death on friend. He was like, "Whats wrong with me I hit something ? I cant get up I'm pushing all the keys and nothing happens? " i was laughing so hard.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    My best experience in the game was when beta.  I enjoyed the races and exploring the starting island with the tower :)  I have played a few times since but have always wanted a reason to return.  This might be it :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mtag17mtag17 Member Posts: 2
    Level 100 cap
  • dezmodiousdezmodious Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Really looking forward to a new playable race. They always bring so much more depth to an already good existing game.
This discussion has been closed.