Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

212 evo cpu cooler fan replacement

Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

In the beginning 2013 I built a pc for my wife and used a 212 evo cpu cooler, noticed tonight her fan wasn't spinning anymore. Was okay last month when I  vacuumed out the case. Fan is stiff when I try to turn it with my fingers so guess the bearing are kaput

Looking to replace the fan, I know I could just get a better cooler but don't really want to go through the hassle of that. Right now with the dead fan on it my temp is at 45 degrees luckily for me or the pc might have run into problem before I noticed it was burnt out lol

Thinking of these:

Noctua NF-F12 PWN 120mm

or

COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex

or a pair of these in push/pull

Cooler Master Blade Master 120

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

The difference between fans - pretty minor.

Usually you trade air flow (should be shown in SCFM or something similar) for noise (shown in dB).

If you aren't overclocking heavily, go for whatever is least expensive/quietest/looks the best... they all move air.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    I have a modest OC from 3.4ghz to 4.2 ghz.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

If it didn't explode with no fan, then I'd start with a single of any of those fans - if you seen with your overclock it isn't keeping up, you can go push/pull with a second. Odds are it'll be fine with just one though.

Originally posted by Ridelynn If it didn't explode with no fan, then I'd start with a single of any of those fans - if you seen with your overclock it isn't keeping up, you can go push/pull with a second. Odds are it'll be fine with just one though.
    Yeah with this OC  and no fan it has been steady at around 45 -47 degrees but that just surfing the web running openoffice and no gaming.

I just went with the noctua as my other pc has that as cpu cooler/fans and have had zippo problems in the last 5 years running almost 24/7.

Kind of disappointed the 212 evo fan crapped out so soon.

• StoevixStoevix Member UncommonPosts: 37

You could get the Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition fan. Then do a push/pull config with both 120mm fans. By the way you get two fans when buying it.

I'm using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus on my gaming rig. When I bought the heat sink I also bought an extra 120mm fan. Then done a push/pull config using both 120mm fans. I bought it shorty after SWTOR first released cause my CPU was running warmer then I liked.

I'm shocked that either of the fans on the heat sink did not go bad yet. 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027&cm_re=Corsair_Air_Series_SP120_High_Performance_Edition-_-35-181-027-_-Product

Originally posted by 2kbandit

You could get the Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition fan. Then do a push/pull config with both 120mm fans. By the way you get two fans when buying it.

I'm using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus on my gaming rig. When I bought the heat sink I also bought an extra 120mm fan. Then done a push/pull config using both 120mm fans. I bought it shorty after SWTOR first released cause my CPU was running warmer then I liked.

I'm shocked that either of the fans on the heat sink did not go bad yet. 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027&cm_re=Corsair_Air_Series_SP120_High_Performance_Edition-_-35-181-027-_-Product

I got the noctua fan and it's back to 35-37 degrees with the slight OC. 

Do you see a difference in temps using two fans?   If so how many degrees etc does it lower it?

• StoevixStoevix Member UncommonPosts: 37

When I bought the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus I also ordered a extra 120mm fan with it. I used the Hyper 212 Plus in a push/pull config right from the start. So I can't really say what the temp would be with only one fan.