Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO or SWTOR

Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56

I  realy cant decide what game to buy and i need a little help from you... 

So mine question is...What is the better game in your opinion ?

I will be a sub if i buy SWTOR.

Thx for your help. 

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I played and like both games.  I found that I went back to SWTOR just for the feel of the world etc.  There was something missing in ESO although it was a good game in my opinion.  Not much help I am sure.  SWTOR just seems more fleshed out.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Alternate. Monday SWToR, Tuesday ESO.

They are both very fun games, you should enjoy them both.

edit: fat fingered

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Ronald88

I  realy cant decide what game to buy and i need a little help from you... 

So mine question is...What is the better game in your opinion ?

I will be a sub if i buy SWTOR.

Thx for your help. 

SWTOR is just a sub cost, game costs nothing. Unless you want to buy the ne expan right away which is 19.99. I played both SWTOR and ESO and my personal preference is SWTOR. Game has tons of content and the storytelling is great. ESo did not grab me the way SWTOR did, it felt bland for me.

Anyway. Just download SWTOR for free and try it, and if you like it subscribe. That way you want loose any money. You will get a good feeling of the game in the first couple levels. ESO you still have to get box price plus subscription. I would go for it if you don't like SWTOR or after you played enough to try something new.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Every time I re-download SWtOR I am disappointed.  Animations are beyond horrible, it's just embarrassing.
  • Swtor is a lot better.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

ESO is a complete waste of money imo. You mostly play it single player yet it's far worse then Skyrim whcih just begs the question, "why am I paying monthly for this?"

Now SWTOR did the same thing, aka using a big name just for the purpose of $$. The difference is at least SWTOR is F2P so you're likely to waste alot less money if you don't like it. I also believe it is the better game, though not by much.

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I have played both quite a bit and would have to recommend SWTOR.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'm waiting for the ESO vs WoW thread.

Swtor pvp and graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcQX9gk0U8

ESO pvp and graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzgsXEiMJxU

you can do the same thing with dungeons if you like.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Cryptor
    Every time I re-download SWtOR I am disappointed.  Animations are beyond horrible, it's just embarrassing.

LOL, your opinion. In my opinion SWTOR has one of the best animation in genre

Here is video in slow motion of sith marauder in SWTOR. If that is bad animation, I don't know what good animation in MMO is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jFipAx8854

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Played them both and SWTOR had less problems for me.  Read both official forums then decide.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    i like both but for me swtor is the one that keept me playing for longest time :) 
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

SWTOR

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

SWTOR has improved a lot in the last 2 years

you now have free to play options that were previously unavailable

1 - fully playable without any purchases, all storilines and at least 3 races/all classes

2 - space battles are epic

3 - unlimited war zones

4 - 3 per week flashpoints (they're long so don't expect to do more anyway)

with the new expansion coming out, there are TONS of people online. all levels

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Watch a couple gameplay Vids and it will be pretty obvious.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

LoL, SWTOR have one of the best combat animations of the MMO market if not the best.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

LOL, your opinion. In my opinion SWTOR has one of the best animation in genre

Here is video in slow motion of sith marauder in SWTOR. If that is bad animation, I don't know what good animation in MMO is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jFipAx8854

Yeh, being an animator myself (not for a game studio) I would say Cryptor's description of SWTOR's animations as "horrible" and "embarrassing" kind of funny.  They are actually pretty top notch.  If you want bad animations just look at LOTRO's gameplay.  However that is his/her's opinion so, meh.

Back on topic.  Having played both I would have to recommend SWTOR as well.  There is more to do and I think it's a better crafted overall game.  Specially if you are going to compare the value of the sub cost to each other.  Not to mention you can try SWTOR for free, though it can get pretty limited without a sub quickly.

My overall recommendation is to play SWTOR for your MMO cravings and Morrowind, Oblivion, or even Skyrim for your Elder Scrolls cravings.  

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Watch a couple gameplay Vids and it will be pretty obvious.

Also this   image

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

I have tried both but I found ESO boring. Well it looks alright but the forst person view really didn't appeal to me Also when playing in first person my mouse alwasy ende off the mat, was annoying as hell.

In a way you could say do you like bioware or bethesda? Mass Effect or Oblivion ? These games are made from those makers.

What I liked about Swotor was that it started to get interesting later on, the story really took off somewhere around level 15-20, but in ESO I felt like I didn't want to play at all.

In ESO you have PvP afaik but in Swtor you have battlegrounds, unless your on a PvP server then it's much more the same I guess. 

ESO is more like a huge world but on the other hand, Swtor is worlds on different planets which is kinda interesting.

Both games are narrated well with voice acts for the quest dialog, but in swtor your choices have more meaning because like in kotor, your actions can give you lightside points or darkside.

I was able to run both games in highest detail and I tested them in lower details, and I have to say neither takes alienware pc's or whatever those killer machines are called to run well. In low details however ESO wins becoause Swtor just have to be run in max otherwise it looks so damn dead. Both have very nice graphics I think but it's kinda hard to compare animations of your character. One of the is in first person and the other in third so you see yourself more in Swtor. The third person view in ESO was really bad the controlling is kinda sluggish or dream like and it just didn't feel like it was the purpose of the game.

All character start the same intro in ESO which is a major minus because your kinda the chosen one who helps the prophet escape and now you must do stuff. Even if you choose different factions. In Swtor your more like having your own personal story for every class there is(not race), and even different on both sides.

Last I need to say don't come alone to ESO bring friends because of the open PvP you will be outnumbered unless you find friends or get a nice guild. In Swtor you can always just play pve or pve-rp server and join battlegrounds if you wanna avoid ganking.

Iirc there are no auto attack in either so you have to press for each action wether it be firing spells or swingin you slighsaber.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    World of Warcraft! Draenor has revitalized the game and made it fun again.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by rodingo

Yeh, being an animator myself (not for a game studio) I would say Cryptor's description of SWTOR's animations as "horrible" and "embarrassing" kind of funny.  They are actually pretty top notch.  If you want bad animations just look at LOTRO's gameplay.  However that is his/her's opinion so, meh.

To be fair, walking/running and turning animations are so behind combat moves it can be very irritating.

180% torso twist is something I haven't seen in a game for a while...

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I played them both and, if you are into ThemeParks, I would recommend TERA instead. Much more fun combat and cooler boss fights.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

ESO hands down.  Story is as good or better than SWTOR in my opinion, but the combat and diversity of builds/freedom you have with builds...ESO is just CRAZY.  The world is gorgeous...SWTOR feels like you are on rails.  Just overall, Im loving the hell out of ESO right now.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by cesmode8

ESO hands down.  Story is as good or better than SWTOR in my opinion, but the combat and diversity of builds/freedom you have with builds...ESO is just CRAZY.  The world is gorgeous...SWTOR feels like you are on rails.  Just overall, Im loving the hell out of ESO right now.

My sentiments. I'm subbed to both games. SWTOR worlds feel a lot more closed of than Tamriel. Outside the questing the worlds are very bland.

I play Swtor more like a lobby based game. I just group up for 4 man flashpoints and do the class stories. Which is fun.

I play ESO more like a traditional MMORPG, there's so much more to do in the world than Swtor.

I prefer the combat, crafting, questing and exploring in ESO.

IMO if you prefer a WoW type game play SWTOR, if you want something that feels more like an ES game play ESO. :)

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

The biggest problem with SWTOR is that each planet is so linear and you have constant loading screens which break immersion and it is the biggest reason I no longer play it.

I would stay away from both ESO and SWTOR and just go for the best MMO on the market which is WoW and no matter how many people still bash it, no other MMO can beat it. Why? Because it just does so many things right and yes it does do many things wrong but not on the scale of all those WoW beating MMO's that fail to do what they set out to do (SWTOR).

I am not a WoW fanboy by the way as I am a die hard SWG fan but I play what ever the next best MMO I can play till the next best MMO that can fulfil my sci-fi MMO cravings which could be The Repopulation. One thing I can say is, WoW is fun and is full of life and has been at the top of the MMO genre for 10 years which is no small feat. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    IMO you can't really go wrong with either, ESO has a more worldly feel, but due to that the questing can feel a bit disjointed. ESO also has better PVP. The good news is you could play both and pay the same, you don't really need a sub in TOR to see the best parts of the game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson