Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tedious Timers on Vehicles

KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

Farm hauler

It's I think around 1 minute 30 seconds.

Takes longer to put 6 items in and make a 7th item than it does to expire.

This means you have to click to get into driver's seat, then click the mark again between getting trade packs.

I did this, but due to the fact people planted obstacles in the way I missed getting back with last pack by about 5 seconds.

I wasn't even in visual range of my hauler due to tree overgrowth and didn't even see who took off with it.

So here I am with my 7th trade pack on my back trying to donkey it after my farm hauler which was now gaining a sizable gap on the mini map.

So I drop the 7th trade pack and pop my horse to catch up with the thief. When I do he already despawned the hauler and moved my 6 trade packs to his.

I try several times to pop my farm hauler ahead of him to block at a few bridges, but he makes it all the way to a small farm south of Sandcloud in Dewstone where he deposited it all.

He proceeds to try and get me to give him money to get the packs back. This all would not have happened if the hauler timer was modified to make up for the extra trips needed to fill it.

Now I make sure to click my owners mark every trip which is tedious. This should be fixed. Obviously there is a justice system in the game for a reason, however this crime goes totally without punishment.

Server... Enla.  

Offender.... Meowy.

Offender guild... We do it for the Lulz.

Beware my friends. Meowy and others like him are out there and will take your hauler and all the gold it took to make it and not even give you a single gold for it.

Comments

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Still happy i didn't bother with this game...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Cliff Notes:

Somebody took the OPs farm hauler with packs in it. They feel it's too tedious to be careful so someone doesn't take the hauler.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    The main issue is if they start using certain exploits that make it impossible to refresh the owners' mark, like some people are doing.  Yet another "free choice" gameplay aspect of Archeage that's gone to hell due to exploiters.  Though IMHO "freedom to be an asshat" cases like these are detrimental to a game's life in general even if exploits weren't involved.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    The main issue is if they start using certain exploits that make it impossible to refresh the owners' mark, like some people are doing.  Yet another "free choice" gameplay aspect of Archeage that's gone to hell due to exploiters.  Though IMHO "freedom to be an asshat" cases like these are detrimental to a game's life in general even if exploits weren't involved.

Often a fine line between idiot and asshat ,,,,,sounds more like a case of greed on both sides of the coin in this case

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I dont see it as grief, since the guy obtained 6 packs, what is a objective advantage to him. it's part of the game.

It's a downside of to trade in peace zones, you will not be able to kill offenders that take advantage of your lack of caution.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305

This is more the case of feeling ashamed not having done everything in the correct order then anything else.

the farm hauler has 6 slots !! There must be something to balance it.

I wouldn't have posted something like this if it did happend to me.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

asshats are those who annoying you for nothing and yes theres a few in-game, but wasnt the case of what hapened to OP.

kill you for the packs or steal it if possible is a complete normal behave.

Its supose to learn to protect ourselfs, OP learn it the worse way, but in the end its only 6 packs, i allready lose way more then that during my learning process like a full trade boat (still learning ofc).

AA is a openworld with alot of freedom, even with diferent territory rules players need to learn how to survive in diferent tasks.

The most safe way to deliver packs is 1 pack on our back, period.

When we use wagons or boats things sometimes get hugly, we can even lose all just because a random web disconnect.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

There has to be a couple of "errors" in the OP story. Firstly, while someone can take the hauler briefly, they cannot "steal" it. Second, if they did manage to drive it away and take the packs, when they sell them you get 80% of what they sell for and they only get 20%. And back on the hauler, if they did start to take it you just have to despawn the thing.

Also, as others have said, why not use the owners mark as it is intended? And, why are you loading it when the hauler is blocked anyway?

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    "A tedium timer" is exactly the right description for AA.
  • Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

I dont see it as grief, since the guy obtained 6 packs, what is a objective advantage to him. it's part of the game.

It's a downside of to trade in peace zones, you will not be able to kill offenders that take advantage of your lack of caution.

As opposed to the upside of war zone trading, which is getting ganked by people who take your packs.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750
    Originally posted by Gruug

There has to be a couple of "errors" in the OP story. Firstly, while someone can take the hauler briefly, they cannot "steal" it. Second, if they did manage to drive it away and take the packs, when they sell them you get 80% of what they sell for and they only get 20%. And back on the hauler, if they did start to take it you just have to despawn the thing.

Also, as others have said, why not use the owners mark as it is intended? And, why are you loading it when the hauler is blocked anyway?

So here is a breakdown based on your thoughts.

It is 80% given to the thief and 20% given to the original pack creator.

I did get about 6 gold since he turned them in at the easiest place for him and almost the worst reward money turn in.

As far as the sespawn...the hauler had either gotten out of range for both despawn or riders escape or there was a glitch in the game. I know for a fact that riders escape only works a very short distance at this time as I have had run-ins with blockades from Meowy and his horrible guild at bridges and had trouble getting enough range to even spawn it on other side.

My whole contention is you should get an extra bit of time with the vehicle upgrade. Can I work with the system? yes and I do now obviously as I learned a lesson the hard way.

Other point is to warn others about this if they upgrade so it doesn't happen to them