Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• HairyFiendHairyFiend Member UncommonPosts: 2

Favourite moment  has to be the first time I rented my own house in the game and entered. The possibilities were endless, and I took probably a lot longer than I should placing anything and everything I came across from quests.

New expansion = more content, which cant be a bad thing ;)

Its fine to talk to a brick wall.
    Its when the brick wall talks back that it gets intresting :)

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    When I realized I could play the Auctioneer and make a TON of plat

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274

There are quite a few moments I remember fondly.

Launch day, back in November 2004. I remember swimming in the water on Isle of Refuge and be awestruck that I left a trail in the water while swimming. It was so amazingly pretty.

I remember a Halloween many years ago when they introduced a house item, that made a zombie pop up randomly on the screen when you were in your house. I literally screamed the first time, and the second time and the third and many more. I kept telling myself to remove it from my house, bu I kept forgetting it..and kept screaming when it surprised me. Eeekkk!

I left the game and recently came back. It was a really great feeling coming back. It felt like coming home :) Go back to my house, open it up and see my baby dragon again. That was really a good feeling.

Good luck to all, I hope the winners will enjoy their travels in Norrath.

• ZubatiZubati Member UncommonPosts: 10
    My favourite moment was fighting the group mob scarecrows in Antonica, and just being blown away by the detail and animations back in 2004!
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    EQ2 was my first MMo i had ever played. My favourite moment was when i found out i could craft things that players wanted i musta spend 100s of hours running around getting ganked looking the the rare items i need to make my Jewelry. ahh them were the days !! :)
  • AdrisaAdrisa Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Favorite Eq2 moment has to be the ability to just explore. I would get so lost in the questing, game lore, collections and  looking for shinies, absolutely love shinies. 
  • BerserkerkittenBerserkerkitten Member CommonPosts: 5
    I don't raid and I'm not part of any huge guilds, so my favourite moment was when my character finally learned how to use wings and flying mounts. I love the wing animations and I like flying around the zones a lot.
  • Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

My best experience was a raid at Poets Palace where I met my wife but I will also always remember the journey through the Isle of Refuge, that was a lot of fun and a sad day when it was taken away.

• TaaltosTaaltos Member UncommonPosts: 2

My favorite EQ2 moment will always be the fact that it's one of the few MMO's that has kept the Role Playing at the heart of the game. Whenever someone gets an epic weapon, the way it is announced throughout the game is amazing, After all the years the game has been out, the full scope of the customization of classes and play style still astounds me. As the rest of the herd dumbs down, EQ2 stays challenging and with it's original roots. 

--Taaltos

• EredhorEredhor Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I really loved the first island in the Isle of Sky expansion.  I spent long hours figuring out all of the little hidden spots on it, and the knowledge that it was only the first of many kept me coming back for more.  In fact, when I came back to EQ2 after a long break, one of the first places that I headed for was that Isle.
  • MukarsnMukarsn Member UncommonPosts: 1

So many great experiences, but the most enjoyable have always been killing a raid mob after attempting them many times.

Darathar, Tarinax and Chel'Drak were probably my favourites.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

I was 22 when EQ released. I was a very awkward young individual. Mostly an out cast during all the years in school and things didn't change much in college.

EQ was the only thing that kept me together back then. All the bullying and harassement. It is funny how a game can be such an outlet for releif. It got me through college and i met some wonderful people in game who are now my best buddies for last 12 years.

EQ2 was just a natural choice and playing with these buddies of mine who you can say actually saved my life was the best experience i ever had. Its been 8 years now and we are far apart from one another. But every now and then we set up a meeting and meet in beautiful world of EQ2.

I don't know what the future expansion holds for me. But i do know that i am going to play the hell out of it for old times sake. 

• arodenaroden Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I have a very much love and hate relationship its like a ex that just wont go away and I keep picking it up and playing it. I wouldn't mind poping back on the ex and giving her another try.. ahaha
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Loved decorating my pad with pets and furniture!
  • RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Sure , I'll role the dice, it couldn't hurt.  The EQ series was the reason I started getting into MMOs in the first place.

This could end up being very interesting.

• spoilspotspoilspot Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Favorite experience --- nothing have beat starting on the Isle of Refuge on the day of launch. Finding the first shiny, finally beating the shark, looking at the waves made behind you when you swim.
  • elraiselrais Member Posts: 3
    My favorite experience is the the isle of refuge, the vanilla eq2. Not perfect but still missing it.
  • hupahupa Member UncommonPosts: 157

I think my fondest memory is that our guild camped Bloodtalon for 9 hours for the HQ. We must've been extremely unlucky. But we chatted and got to know each other better during that time so it was all worth it.

Another one is that I joined a pick up raid for the Mark Of The Awakened ___ signature quest. That too was 9 hours long and the raid people changed drastically during that time but eventually we got it and that felt really good. Love the effect on the item, would love to have a cosmetic version of it!

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Finally beating Venril Sathir after several weeks and having wiped over and over and over again and again because always someone messed up the encounter.

Sitting in oakmist forest with my dwarven templar as a noob and being picked up by a gnome. That little event more or less started my EQ2 journey.

Forgot the raid encounter, but being asked by raid leader to use feign death with my necro and the moment it was required I had to admit: Feign death is not up. WHAT ???? I should have known that, damn timers. Of course we wiped royally. ;)

Maybe I should not have left a few years ago...

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I have a hard time saying what my favorite moment was.  It was  playing when it first came out and you had to level to pick your class.  I really liked that aspect in the game.

• xbumperxxbumperx Member Posts: 8
    Mine was when the game first started, me and my dad would play together whiile i was deployed to iraq,  exploring the new lands, we went to freeport and spent so long there, we could hardly believe how large the zones were!..great times with my dad.    :)
  • PopePeachesPopePeaches Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I think my favorite experience is still encountering new races and delving into an immersive (if grindy) questline to learn about the race and their languages! Every time I see the characters above a creature's head to indicate I do not know their tongue, I look forward to hunting down the items that will reveal it! 
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I loved getting my first prestige house. It was the deluxe house in Halas I have been collecting them ever since. As for what I am excited about in AoM  that would be new area's to explore, more quests, more rewards to show in my houses, and more crafting.

• DeadlegacyDeadlegacy Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I liked EQ2 becuase it was my first love with mmo's
  • RollincoRollinco Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favorite memory of EQ2 was having to put on the suit and get swallowed up by leviathan!!
This discussion has been closed.