Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• JsnD1JsnD1 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    My favorite EQ2 moments have always been grouping with family and friends.  I have met a lot of great people going all the way back to Everquest 1 (Long live Praetoriate!), and I am fortunate enough to have family that plays as well.  My dad, for instance, raids twice a week.  I am too caught up in raising a family right now to game very much, but my Sony account remains active so i can take a moment here and there to unwind in this fun world they have created for us all to play in.  
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

EQ2 will always have a place in my heart, despite i think that unfortunately it's graphics didn't age very well.

My favorite moment was when i entered the commonlands for the first time and it started to rain so hard that i moved my character into a tent and just watched the scenery.

One of the very games i've never uninstalled from my hdd.

• norman728norman728 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Everquest II How I Miss Thee, If this toaster  i am running on had a bigger Hard drive and a better Graphics card you been a permanent  fixture  instead of in the rotation of when i lose  momentum in a game.
  • larrypsylarrypsy Member UncommonPosts: 34
    My favorite EQII moment is about to occur when I play the Altar of Malice expansion.
  • splongsplong Member UncommonPosts: 15

My favorite EQ2 moments was the first Avatar kill with my guild back in EOF.

It's great to gather lots people to compete with the other guilds for a contested named mob.

As I don't have the time to do the hardcore raiding now, I miss that experience.

• maz2usmaz2us Member UncommonPosts: 21
    My favorite moments in EQ2 is when MMORPG gives me one to the free copy of EQ2 to play. 
  • MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    My best experience with EQ was that i met my best friend in EQ1. The issue being that he lives in the Uk and i live in the nethelands so it was always hard to meet up. Once we heard EQ2 came out we both bought the game and started shouting out ingame in the starting area to see if one of us logged on already . Out adventure started 15 years ago and up to today we still play the game on occasion as a real band of brothers. We meet up in real live aswell atleast 3 times a year . All thanks to the mighty everquest!!

• RagneirRagneir Member UncommonPosts: 3
    My Favorite EQ 2 memory is my first run through Temple of Veeshan , I loved that raid zone and all the dragons you had to defeat.!
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Still the best Wow competitor imo, loads and loads of content this game still gets me the thrill to come back after all these years!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• pbat263pbat263 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I've played EQ and Vanguard but surprisingly have never played EQ2 so I don't have any favorite moments to reminisce about. I have however just recently started downloading EQ2 and am greatly looking forward to giving it a go. I think what has me most excited about the new expansion is getting to level to 100 in what will be a completely brand new experience for me.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    My best moment in EQ2 was playtesting AoM Beta. My friend and I were amazed with the scenery and the challenge the instances turned out to be. (we did overcome btw)
  • zampellakiszampellakis Member UncommonPosts: 8
    best experience ever in everquest was and will continue to be playing with friends. I didn't play the expansion yet cause i do not have that much time on my hands but i am excited for the new level cap and zones! besides who wouldn't like the new race?:)
  • KimoKimo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Many moments for me can be labeled as my favorite, from playing on the newbie Isle and discovering we could actually change instances to play with our friends, awesome! (new feature in 2004 if I remember correctly)  Then not leaving the Isle because it alone was fun and new.  Then being one of the first ogre monks around (not the first I think, but I betrayed within a couple of weeks of launch).  Then getting my craft-o-holic on.  All my highest leveled characters are crafters, not adventurers, hehe.  I haven't been back in a couple of years, but I miss Kimo...
  • AzucArSaladAzucArSalad Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Favorite memory is when I put my baby dragon pet of the collector's edition in my instanced house. I did not like the idea of instanced houses and I was still doubtful about the game, but when I fed pepper to my baby it was so hilarious that I gave the game a second thought. Small details made the difference :-)

^.^'

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509

EQ2 is one of those games that's chock full of little details that really fleshes out the title. And to this day I am absolutely, hand to heart, convinced that the crafting system is the best. There's no beating it, you can't do it!

My favorite moment would have to be stepping out onto "dangerous" territory on Venekor. There wasn't that many people in the area I was in at that point (sometime after rise of kunark's release) so my husband and I were prime targets for a couple of rangers who, much to my newbie chagrin, had accumulated massive amounts of AA. They absolutely would not let up, I was getting frustrated and just wanted to stop playing the game altogether because this AA system really took the cake for lower levels - but you know what? We took the opportunity when they separated and in the end we both earned ourselves a nice, hefty headstart in terms of coinage for our characters that day. ;)

• My favourite moment has got to be when I completed my faction change quests. I am still amazed that this is possible I can't think of another game that allows you to faction change and still keep your character race and all! Thanks SOE! 
  • SampparoundSampparound Member UncommonPosts: 44

Back in 2008 I think it was, before mercs and before you could set a meter to gain AA anyways.  Me and a friend both played bruisers and  entered Bloodskull Valley: The Training Grounds. We had to fight hard to get anywhere, because there were fairly large groups of mobs in there and we had no healer. Pulling and killing a few mobs at a time and then using Feign Death and go again.  We learned to splitpull encounters that were intertwined within each other. Slowly we were making progress towards the end of the zone, and then we see this message "Servers coming down in 15 minutes". Oh noes, we are close now! We feel the pressure building up and try to hurry up so naturally mistakes begin to happen. In the end we had only a few groups of mobs between us and the last named, but then the world went black.

It's one of moments that were so frustrating when it happened, but it's a very fond memory and we often talk about it even today.

Slacker extraordinaire!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

My favorite experience was back in 2004. Landing on the Isle of Refuge for first time.

Such a immediate challenging experience. People grouping up to face the Challenges.

Entering Qeynos for first time was so memorable, with NPC characters walking up to you and greet you with full voice over.

• nattkrypnattkryp Member UncommonPosts: 25
    My favorite moment must be creation of the spires rigth before the lunch of Kingdom of the SKy
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I was in the beta of Everquest 2, and had no clue what I was doing. I was roaming around Antonica when I saw someone go by me who was shape shifted into a cat. As soon as I saw that I was hooked, and became a Fury.  I also remember in beta/early release, when you traveled on the griffon towers and you hear the message, GET OFF THE LANDING ZONE NOW, it was true, because if there was someone coming in after you, you were landed on and died lol. Then you had to go find you body :)

I would love to try out the latest expansion, I have many fond memories of this game. Thanks for the consideration.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

the one thing that happend that made me hooked on MMOs all together, on the isle of refugee, had found an advanced recipe, spended a couple of hours to figure out what to gather other than a rare I already had found, and then sold it to another player for 10 silver.....the other player certainly have had a good laugh at the n00b being so happy ;)

other than that have had alot of good experiences in the original EQ2 game, from a group that waited for me for 2 hours to reach them (low level going through Nektoulus forest to reach the commonlands, to a high level guildie who helped getting alot of spirits back in RoV, that I tried to recover solo...

• xeraxxerax Member UncommonPosts: 74

Everquest and particularly everquest 2 have been filled with memorable and dramatic moments like no other game but I will settle for a few:

My first EQ2 raids going from wipefest with the Widow Mistress and feeling they were literally impossible to a months later the total high of looking at Trakanons corpse.

Moving from the toxic community of Wow back to EQ2 and finding it full of beautiful people, chatting to them daily and getting to know people from all backgrounds from all over the world.

Working on Epic quests with friends and guildies, feeling just as good about achieving stuff for friends as I did getting stuff myself

Attending a real life guild meet up for my EQ guild and laughing as we were all surprised how normal our guildies were. It was a pretty niche hobby at the time and everyone approached the meet up with great trepidation assuming they were going to be the only non drooling neck-beard present. 12 years later some of these people are still real life friends.

• CerthasCerthas Member UncommonPosts: 27

My favorite memories were running around the starter island for the very first time.

Also being chased by water monsters half way across the starter island after having gone for a swim.

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    One of my favourite moments in EQ2 was meeting all the dragons I had killed over the years in Vesspyr. That or killing Darathar for the first time and getting my prismatic.... and then he stole my body :(
  • SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I'ts time to return toe xperience the new content.
This discussion has been closed.