Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

Comments

• jjrose9876jjrose9876 Member UncommonPosts: 7

New Raids New Raids New Raids.... thank you that is all... and new raids...

Most memorable moment.... erm wiping my raid on the first named fight in PoTAO raid... that's always fun. Lets do that again...

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    My favorite EQ2 moment was finishing my Heritage quest outside Qeynos for the Boots.  That hooked me onto the EPIC quest thing.  I have spent numerous hours/days/months doing as many epic quest lines as I can.  A close personal favorite was around launch when there were no maps to everything, searching for random bosses for hours on end, to try to get those mastery book drops
  • zarzelius2zarzelius2 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Best experience was when i discover i could stop my Char from getting xp...I know, is dumb, but it allowed me to enjoy the game at my own pace. That was mind blowing at that time.

Kudos to a great game, hope the expansion is as awesome as the rest of it.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Back in T5 with Dms~  was probably my most favorite.

Venekor was due and Chaotik League called off raids the entire time he was due.

Dms~ was out killing Darathar (with a far from optimal setup) and we got word that Venekor popped right as we killed Dar.

Anyways raced to CT to see CL wipe to Venekor (this was in late aug right before DoF).

We killed Venekor on our first pull and got the pants to drop that went to a dirge.

GMAF!~ <3

• TheICETheICE Member UncommonPosts: 120
    My favorite Time in eq2 was when the Echoes of faydwer expansion launched and getting to play with my friends doing crushbone keep, and castle mistmoore, then going on to do the raids, which was the emerald halls, I loved the music in this expansion it always got to me and also the zones where so beautiful.
  • nyterosenyterose Member Posts: 2
    My favorite time in EQ2 is playing with my guildmates and playing with my husband's swashbuckler back when he played. 
  • drwingdrwing Member UncommonPosts: 2
    my favorite EverQuest II experience is playing instance with my friends. im excited for the new zone and race at eq 2.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Housing in EQ 2 is some of my favorite housing in any mmo love the painting portals and can not wait to get more goodies for my houses.
  • CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Best moments? When I first started the game up and saw some of the customization options they had. I had only played a few MMOs prior, mostly F2P games, and was amazed at some of the options and controls they gave for it. I've jumped in and out of the game over the years, and what I've played has definitely been fun and I can't wait to see what more they add to it next.
  • rylaarrylaar Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I'm excited for the brand new story-line in the new expansion. I'm also pumped to play in the Temple of Ssraeshza zone! =)
  • TetraQuarksTetraQuarks Member Posts: 1
    My favorite EQ2 moment is clearly the first time I played it at the age of 8. At this moment I discovered a whole new world, I was a big noob but I had a lot of fun and the community was realy nice. I was 8 and everyone helped me nobody insulted me like people are doing in other video game when they see a kid. I remember that lvling up to 20 for me was something epic it was sooooo long in my kid head. I remember that the day my 14 day trial ended I ran to my parents and asked, asked and asked again until they pay me the game with a membership.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

EQ2 still is a good quality gaming experience for both:  free-players & subscribed alike.  My favorite mount of all time, & nowadays most games have mounts, is still my Rhino.  The sound effects & the animations while standing & moving are just tremendous.  EQ2 still offers players a good fun entertaining experience worth exploring!  I've had my issues with SOE in the past about how they deal with customers regarding their games, but this offer is a very nice gesture & it is appreciated.  Pre-congratulations to all the winners.

• iamblightediamblighted Member Posts: 2
    My favorite experience is EQ2 was the first time I decided to group up with some fellow adventurers to take out some heroic monsters. The way the combat flowed and everyone worked together with the heroic opportunity and everything just added up to a great feeling of the power in numbers. We ended up finding our way to one of the low level dungeons and decided to see how we would fare. The scripting and environment all came together to feel like we where all accomplishing some great quest.
  • ZarinhZarinh Member UncommonPosts: 109
    I like the new terrain tools.  Makes the new zones look like a completely new game.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    My most memorable EQ2 moment was coming back to the game with the launch of Echoes of Faydwer.  Greater Faydark was my first and most memorable Everquest experience, having made my first character there ( a high elf ) and the nostalgia the EQ2 expansion brought back was enough to make me feel like a teenager all over again reliving my first steps in an online world.  Countless hours were spent in Crushbone in both EQ and EQ2, one of my favorite dungeon  areas in the game.  EQ2 had me HOOKED from that point on for a very long time ( 4 years ) and I would love to get back into the game again.  I have been out for about 6 months now doing other things but I have been seriously considering coming back .
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645

My single greatest moment in EQ2 was flying on a griffon for the first time. Just watching the world unfold below.

Overall though, it is the people I have met, guilded, and grouped with during my time playing. Something about EQ and EQ2 both just seems to bring out a better social aspect than any other MMOs I've played.

• scholesscholes Member UncommonPosts: 75

My favorite memories were running around the starter island for the very first time.

Also being chased by water monsters half way across the starter island after having gone for a swim.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    The new race would be something I am interested in, they look pretty sweet!
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68

*edit* fixed link.

My favorite moment took allot of work but it was well worth it. The timing had to be perfect or I would never hear the end of it. But in the end, I managed not to screw it up.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f187/Kahrek/DoubleDing_zpsfeddd034.jpg

What made EQ and EQ2 so special is that silly things like reaching max level at the same time was actually important to us. I cared about my caracter from looks to reputation. I find myself playing most games today on cruise control but never for Everquest.

Cheers,

• EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    My favorite moments were definitely seeing the EQ2 versions of Kunark and Faydwer for the first time. I loved the original EQ as well so getting to see the changed versions of those continents was awesome!
  • EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34

My favorite memory of EQ2 was forming a guild weeks before the game launched through forums.  Then meeting up with everyone on day one trying to pump out the coin to become one of the first guilds on the server, as well as being in the top 10 of each of our classes on reaching level 20 on our servers :D

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I just started playing EQ2 because my friend is so into it so I don't really have a favorite moment just yet, but the new Aerakyn race looks so bad ass!
  • ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192

My favorite moment was finishing Nektulos Castle after spending all that time figuring in there out how to go through, great story, very atmospheric, but definitely creepy too and what a relief to see daylight finally and having it DONE. :D

Felt truly like an accomplishment and I still sometimes just walk into the inner yard and think: hah!

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    I have been playing Eq2 on/off since release always coming back for expansions , but with the last 1 i couldnt , im playing FFXIV , and giving WoD a try (fun for now while leveling ...at cap who knows), so getting Altar of malice will make me come back to eq2 :D , the new expansion looks fun (ISLE OF REFUGE???? missed it!!! <3
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    my favorite eq 2 moment was just exploring all the sites the game has to offer:)
This discussion has been closed.