Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion has a 20% sale but the 10% Founders benefit is too hard to implement!

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by tawess

So it would seem...

Ok let me see if i can lay this out for you in a manner that you can understand.

There is a inherent order to how things like this works.

A small (as in affecting very few customers) issue that can (and i guess will) be rectified or else wise solved by a simple refund is much farther down on the list of things they need to fix compared to the other game breaking issues they have had. They also made recompense in the form of the 10% refund on currency spent. That does for the moment put them outside of the reach of said law you mentioned as they have done everything they need (again.. for now) seeing as they have more pressing matters to attend to in order to be able to deliver a working product...

What part is it you have a hard time grasping.... I´l be extra clear....

The... Game... Is... Such... A... Mess... That... The... 10%... Issue... Is... IRRELEVANT... If they do not get the other things fixed angry customers will be their least problem... They will have to deal with angry investors and owners... Not to mention that it opens up for a actual call to action due to delivering a faulty product.

In the light of that novbody really gives a *bleep* if a (relativly speaking) handful of players did not get their discount. How hard is that to understand...

You are talking about buying a car that at delivery lacked a transmission and half the electric wires and then complaining because it does not have a cupholder and that the stereo is broken... Annoying yes.. but in the grand scheme of things with out impact.

again is not currency spend is credits you bought after the launch

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

again is not currency spend is credits you bought after the launch

MY bad... But it does in reality change nothing for now. As far as any legal actions being able to be taken against them (the point that was being argued)

Unlike as i said if the game it self does not work...

This have been a good conversation

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Jabas

Whats the point of this thread?

Didnt Trion "correct" that issue giving 10% of the credits spend to founders at some point?

nope they didn't, tehy changed it to give 10% to any founder who bough credits after launch, with is not the same, if they did send 10% of teh credit spend that would be the same but not the case, so unless youa re stupid enough to spend even more money on it you will never see that 10%.

I confess im not a math expert but 10% less in cash shop prices is not the same as more 10% in credits?

If i have 3000 credits i buy 10 LP potions at normal price, with 10% discount i buy 11.

If i have 3000 credits and they give me more 10% its 3300, i buy 11 Lp potions at normal price.

Maybe im missing something but it seems the same thing.

I dont personal know how it was cause i was patron without credits, but i thought it was this way.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Whats the point of this thread?

Didnt Trion "correct" that issue giving 10% of the credits spend to founders at some point?

nope they didn't, tehy changed it to give 10% to any founder who bough credits after launch, with is not the same, if they did send 10% of teh credit spend that would be the same but not the case, so unless youa re stupid enough to spend even more money on it you will never see that 10%.

I confess im not a math expert but 10% less in cash shop prices is not the same as more 10% in credits?

If i have 3000 credits i buy 10 LP potions at normal price, with 10% discount i buy 11.

If i have 3000 credits and they give me more 10% its 3300, i buy 11 Lp potions at normal price.

Maybe im missing something but it seems the same thing.

I dont personal know how it was cause i was patron without credits, but i thought it was this way.

That is correct.  110% bonus credits is not as much as a 90% cost for credit usage.  I'm kinda surprised more people don't point that out in the official forums and instead only complain about the (admittingly just as equally and legally wrong of Trion) fact that the 10% bonus doesn't apply to the credits that came with the founder packs.

Hell, I see people who get the math wrong on the official forums and say "What's the matter?  110% bonus credits are the same as a 10% credit discount!" and for some reason no one else points out that they're WRONG.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Why dont they just give the founders a gift each week to compensate?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

This discussion has been closed.