Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Altar of Malice Collector's Edition Giveaway

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

MMORPG.com has partnered with Sony Online Entertainment to give away 50 copies of the digital collector's edition of the EverQuest II: Altar of Malice expansion (with bonus unlock of the new Aerakyn player race).

Entering to win is simple: all you need to do is post in the comments below and share with us your favorite EverQuest II experience or tell us about what has you most excited about the new expansion.

We'll accept entries through Wednesday, December 3. Winners will be selected and prizes distributed on Thursday, December 4.

Please only submit a single entry. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified from the giveaway.

Comments

• kildonaliskildonalis Member Posts: 34
    My fav eq2 moment was when I got mythical epic weapon back in RoK. Me and my wife got ours at the sametime. Was a great feeling of accomplishment with some great friends. One of the best raiding expansions in a game.

I'm excited to see alll the new dungeons in the new expansion. Also the new race. Eq2 has always been one of favorite mmo's and can't wait to play the new content and experience it for the first time they have the best dungeons.
  • VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    My favourite experience in EQ2 has always been and will continue to be the poeple I have met and played with, so many good people still friends with most of them after 10 years of EQ2, long live Everquest!!!!!
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • JaredKFanJaredKFan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    My favorite EQ II moment is probably the journey you take with some of the Hallmark quests, like the Legend of Roger Goldie.  You really feel like you are taking on an epic quest along with the NPC! 
  • sholo635sholo635 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'm so happy about this new expansion. Everquest lives and this expansion is the proof. My favorite EQ II moments was when i launched the game for the first time and I heard the opening song... omg dat epic song.
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Back in EoF, in Emerald Halls. Clearing all the mobs to the end dragon. Many nights getting just 3 hours of sleep for work. Then finally the night came when we took down the dragon. Might sound corny but I will always miss those times. 
  • KoroshiyaKoroshiya Member UncommonPosts: 265

I would have to say that my favorite moment was during release, exploring Nek Forest with friends and coming across the giants in the zone for the first time.  Why I am excited for this expansion?  Because I get excited for all of the EQ2 expansions, only this time I can't afford it (in the middle of buying a house) so winning it would be epic.  If I don't, no biggie either, tons of content to be played even without the expansion.

appreciate the chance either way to win.  Thanks all for the contest.

“The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off , why should I. Light up the darkness” – Bob Marley

• giga1000giga1000 Member Posts: 98
    One of my favorite EQ2 memories was adventuring in RoV with my friends for the first time after doing our armor quests. Another is going into Nek Castle and getting lost figuring out how to get deeper into it for hours.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    This game has some of the best exploration that I have ever encountered in any mmo to date. I love just running around the zones finding the little instances/dungeons scattered throughout. Now that we have followers it's so much easier to explore it all. Can't wait to see what Aom has in store..
  • SneakSnareSneakSnare Member UncommonPosts: 3
    New zones to explore! and new Grandmaster spells xD
  • CRAZYCAN00KCRAZYCAN00K Member UncommonPosts: 47
    My favorite memory was defeating Darathar and completing the prismatic quest line.  Good memories for sure.

• finnelhirfinnelhir Member UncommonPosts: 36

Mine was the first step last year.

But now i want to finally finish my first character, with the new flying race. 

Dude..where is my booze? 
  • neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    What I like best about the new expansion is the continuation of the epic mmo experience and story telling brought to us by SOE.  The game is still going strong after so many years and continues to give us fresh and new content.

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91
    My favorite moment was in DoV, the first time I was able to mount my newly trained frost gryphon and fly. I went back to so many other overland zones and did fly overs to admire the world from a whole new visual perspective. Stunning.
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    When I did the Betrayal quest and ran my low level mouse through the higher level zones without dying.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    My favorite EQ2 moment was the first moment I booted it up and it just felt so different compared to anything else I had played, gave me a feeling of wonder and that isn't normal with games.
  • KrakatauKrakatau Member UncommonPosts: 10
    My favorite EQ2 moment will be yet to come in the new expansion!
  • ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

Sitting around in ~December 2004 (I remember buying it 2 weeks after launch), listening to this.

Getting my first of a few epics as well was nice.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

One of the moments i remember so well, was just shortly after launch , a friend of mine decided to join me in EQ2 , he rolled a Mage and we headed just outside Queynos to do a couple quests and try out his new mage.. i told him to pull a lone gnoll standing on  top of hill...He pulled and everything appeared normal , when all of a sudden over the hill come 15 of the Gnolls friends , then a beat down of epic proportion on my noob friend by an angry Gnoll pack .. He starts yellin in vent .. i was laughing so dam hard .. .. good times.. we still laugh about that every once in a while ..

Anyhow really looking forward to the Aerakyn, and all the lore that will come with it,really appears to be another excellently fleshed out race by SOE ..

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    New zones!
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    My favorite EQ2 moment was on the first week of release trying to get help for the Wailing Caverns quests. Such a great, deep game.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Running around with a group of friends, not knowing anything about the game and exploring the different areas. Has to be the best. No really individual memory. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• fierce750fierce750 Member Posts: 37

Back in 2004 I remember being a noob once again, I had played the original EQ to death and needed a new challenge so Sony created Eq2 with better graphics, different playing styles and features.

I miss the old friends I had made and the overall newness of the game.

Every Expansion brings some of those memories back which is what keeps bringing me back.

The best memories are still being made image

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I had been questing in Lavastorm and my husband joined me to help me find those stupid goblin battle banners.... He was a level 72 Ranger and I was a level 40 Warden. He spent most of his time killing stuff and waiting for me to find my way out of the lava pits. I kept falling off of the bridges...... they are narrow and I was riding a Rhino...

Finally we were finished and we were going back to our Guilds, to bank, trade and clean out bags and I decided to go fishing, got lost underwater.  My husband who was by now sick and tired of waiting on me just decided to use evac and get me out of there, I thought I had drowned, I just sat there staring at the computer, Confused.

Anyways... it is never good to play and drink vodka.

Looking forward to new zones, fun loot and drinking while questing.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    My favorite EQII moment was the first time i jumped with one of those super high jumping mounts
  • Angusx51Angusx51 Member UncommonPosts: 18

I have to say, my favorite memory was actually the old class progression system and the betrayal questline. It was pure awesome.

I miss it.

This discussion has been closed.