Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone come back to the game for the stories!

KryzizKryziz Member UncommonPosts: 127
I was thinking about coming back to WOW, but I actually like the way the stories and visuals work in SWTOR. Honestly I don't think there is a better map than Nar Shadda, and is getting all the datascroms a bit of a chore for you or is it actually fun... But the main thing again is the cut scenes it's almost like i'm participating in  movie.

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I've gone back to SWTOR. Playing classes I hadn't before to see their stories. Great stories...

Been in a Star Wars mood for a while now... and tomorrow will be the release of the ep VII teaser too!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I thought about it but then I thought: Why would I play an MMO for single player stories?

Much rather play the latest Dragon Age or the upcoming Witcher for single player stories and gaming.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

I know of several friends that went back for the stories. Especially with that 12x XP (I believe?) boost after pre-ordering the new xpac.

More power to them!

• KryzizKryziz Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

I know of several friends that went back for the stories. Especially with that 12x XP (I believe?) boost after pre-ordering the new xpac.

More power to them!

What........ Ohhh Nice. On a side note I Only did the SI story until the end. I found it to be the creepiest, but still funny in a weird way.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I did but it is a pain to have to travel long ways through trash mobs to complete the story quests.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yes.
  • KryzizKryziz Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I was so hoping that i would kick the shit out of the jerk, that my SI has to deal with, in the beginning of my main story quest. I think I will go back and do the smuggler now. I don't know; tough call these days, with so little time.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I still play a bit for the stories. What seems to drag me back is the sound effects. I'm not sure what it is, but I will here sounds in other games that trigger me wanting to play. It's a good solid game no matter what a lot of people think. Only my opinion matters! o.O

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

The only reason I leveled a lot of characters was for the story.  Not going back unless they do another major xp increase thingy that lets me only do the story to level.  Till then I'll watch the stories on youtube.

Really didn't like the long trips and long cool downs.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Nope I still just spacebar thru 99% of it.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

The only reason I leveled a lot of characters was for the story.  Not going back unless they do another major xp increase thingy that lets me only do the story to level.  Till then I'll watch the stories on youtube.

Really didn't like the long trips and long cool downs.

Which is what they just did with Shadow of Revan, although the promotion's pretty much over now.

Those who pre-ordered got 12x the normal XP on Class stories, which meant you could go from 1-55 without doing anything else.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913
    Thinking about coming back for the story as well. Are the starting areas doing fine?