Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its time to hype this game

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Might actually be the most prommising game under development right now...  The combo system and the class system just sound to sweet

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
     Hype is overrated nowadays. I firmly believe the game's strengths should demonstrate to the player whether they should invest time in it or not.  image
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    nope nothing new, but if you like teh game is better you not hype it, no game who was hyped more then it deserve stayed that long, so a indie company will have problems
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well, i just realised wo is creating this game    l....its from the same people that created Allodds, and in the end that game was totally pay to win..  and their prices for stuff where much to high....

Personally i think allods was an okay game with terrible customer service and the worst marketing ever.

Lets hope they learned from this

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• CalexCalex Member UncommonPosts: 99
    No thanks, another F2P game for me not to pay any attention too.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Agreed, looks like every other crappy f2p game
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Well, i just realised wo is creating this game    l....its from the same people that created Allodds, and in the end that game was totally pay to win..  and their prices for stuff where much to high....

Personally i think allods was an okay game with terrible customer service and the worst marketing ever.

Lets hope they learned from this

I agree, but I feel like Allods got as close to a F2P WoW as anyone has ever done. It was actually pretty fun to play, imo, but it was a hell of a grind too. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Originally posted by collekt

Which are still better then any recently released P2P. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Might actually be the most prommising game under development right now...  The combo system and the class system just sound to sweet

Say NO to hype, it ruins everything. Haven't you guys learned nothing over the years?

Over hype before release

And 'MEH' after release.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Sector13

More like equally as bad, in my opinion, but at least P2P games don't shove cash shops in my face. I can't stand that nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, I guess. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DMKano

More like equally as bad, in my opinion, but at least P2P games don't shove cash shops in my face. I can't stand that nonsense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, I guess. 

Not nearly as bad as asking for money before you even can play the game for 1 second.

At least with F2P you can try and say - well that sucked but no money wasted.

P2P though.... you don't even know if the game will run on your system OK and you have to pay upfront.

There's this thing called a "Free Trial" which was quite good at giving you a clear idea of whether the game would run on your machine or not. Even gave you an idea of what the game play was like.

But don't let me confuse you with the facts, you've clearly made up your mind about which system is best ! image

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Not nearly as bad as asking for money before you even can play the game for 1 second.

P2P though.... you don't even know if the game will run on your system OK and you have to pay upfront.

There's this thing called a "Free Trial" which was quite good at giving you a clear idea of whether the game would run on your machine or not. Even gave you an idea of what the game play was like.

But don't let me confuse you with the facts, you've clearly made up your mind about which system is best ! image

The majority of games don't do a free trial, though. Regardless of system performance, they simply don't want you to see the bad things and form an opinion. They'd rather you have buyers remorse and actually play through the game because you feel like you have to, hoping you find something you like in there. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

Game is pretty bad so yeah need hype to succeed.

It's basically Cryptic's Champions Online with GW2 questing system.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Which recent major p2p MMO launch came with a free trial?

I don't know of many off the top of my head.

ESO certainly doesn't have a free trial. Wildstar gave out keys quite some time ago, but as far as I know there is no free trial program. XIV does indeed have a free trial. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

They all had countless "open beta" weekends though.

A few have had free trials as well (FFXIV:ARR and Wildstar). But my reaction was more against your blanket statement implying that ONLY F2P games gave players the option to experience game play before spending money, which is simply not true.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Don't hope this game to keep it fair, if anyone got burn on arche age this game will be tons of worst if they change there ways so far not with allods so far I seen.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Alot of recent sub games did open beta weekends...all it cost you was a download to try it out. 

Wildstar did it.......and so did ESO. So please don't say that there are not opportunities to try a game out for free.

Oh..and if a game doesn't get "better" until lvl (insert number)...then it's probably not a good game.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Developer of Allods?   Pass. 
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by PulsarMan

I don't know of many off the top of my head.

ESO certainly doesn't have a free trial. Wildstar gave out keys quite some time ago, but as far as I know there is no free trial program. XIV does indeed have a free trial. 

He said at release. XIV did not have trial at release.

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250

ESO - Wildstar - Archeage

Let's not hype and see what the game actually is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Is the combo system player>player or just more of the shallow single player combos?

Actual grouping mechanics or just soloists inside a group?

Yellow markers over npc heads,linear questing?

These are VERY important standard questions because 1: i don't want to play anymore Wow clones and 2 i want to play a MMO not a single player game pretending to be a MMO.

Example i was recently playing and enjoying Gorgon but they did a huge no no in my books,they give FREE xp just for being in a group,that is the dumbest thing i would want in my game.I want to EARN my xp and items,i want to interact with other players,otherwise i will pass on any pretend mmorpg.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Developer of Allods?   Pass. 

Yeah there  with a other company with Allods Team working to make the game, when my.com is going to be hosting the game, if you look on my.com is on there, but allods is not, if you go to http://en.allods.com/ you see my.com all over hosting this one, as my.com is mail.ru that runs allods ru.

Not sure if there hidding allods from there web site or I am missing something.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Isn't it just another dumb tab target?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Action combat and beautiful GFX sounds promising indeed. But what about the world? Is there a huge open world with PvP or is it mostly instanced?
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yes, paying for something before being able to use it. How outrageous!

The point is though that F2P games has the cash shop as an integral part of game play, which means you either have to use it or you will be exposed to other people who use it, be it by using a stupid fluff mount or vastly overpowering you in PvP/PvE with half the time invested.

F2P is altogether bad, it is purely a ploy for the devs to make more money.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Say NO to hype, it ruins everything. Haven't you guys learned nothing over the years?

Over hype before release

And 'MEH' after release.

At best