Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would this cost to build?

skylinebossskylineboss Member UncommonPosts: 2

Intel Core I5 4670K 3.8GHz @ 4.50Ghz

- ASUS Z87 - PRO Motherboard

- Corsair H80i Liquid CPU Cooler

- Kingston HyperX Fury Series 16GB 1600Mhz

- Thermaltake 750Watt Smart PSU

- Gigabyte Nvdia GTX 970 Twin Frozr

- High Definition 8-Channel Audio

- Samsung 250GB 550MB/s SSD

- WD 2TB (7200RPM) SATA6 HD 

- CM Storm Stryker Chassis - WHITE

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    I'm not sure what you're asking.  Are you considering buying that computer used and want to know what it would be worth new?  If you want to build a computer with those exact parts, then it will tend to cost more than if you have the added flexibility of potentially picking different parts that are basically equivalent to those.
  • skylinebossskylineboss Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Well that is a prebuilt one going for around $2400, and Im wondering if its cheaper to build one myself similar to that.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Go punch it up on Newegg or Amazon - you have a very specific list of items, so it should just be a matter of copy/pasting each item into search and adding to your basket.

As far as the build goes - apart from no optical drive (which may be intentional), and no copy of Windows (also possibly intentional) - the build itself looks good.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Probably cost nearly half of $2400 to build it yourself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by skylineboss
    Well that is a prebuilt one going for around $2400, and Im wondering if its cheaper to build one myself similar to that.

Ah, considering buying a prebuilt.  Well, it's a nice computer, but if you can build one yourself, you could do better for $1500.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378
    Originally posted by skylineboss

I will build it for you for $2390.  Save ten dollars!