Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Landmark: Of Keywords and Claim Expansions

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hey folks, welcome to another edition of MMORPG.com’s Landmark column. Most of this week’s content actually occurred in last week’s November 14 update, so for those playing Landmark religiously, you’ll likely know what I’ll be talking about.

Read more of Victor Barreiro Jr.'s Landmark: Of Keywords and Claim Expansions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Man, I wish they would get the PVE going. .... We need monsters!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• darksaber8570darksaber8570 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    /agreed
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Dec 10 and 17 are supposed to bring PvE combat to the game and they say there are monsters going in that they have not mentioned yet. But with the combat the way it is I dont see how it can be any more than jumping around spamming left click and the couple cooldowns available.

Coin currency needs to go in to replace the copper upkeep for claims too.

I am still at a loss as to how slow this project is going. There have been early access indy games that have shown up after and improved more in less time than what Landmark has and that includes some voxel games.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is a solid way to design PVE combat as already done by hte best ?>>>FFXI,HOWEVER.

It needs to also be done with the mobs having elemental properties AND TYPE of damage properties AND Player to player combos AND various weapon>various weapon combos AND skills for each.I don't want say for example a level 50 player equip the Staff for the first time and have equal damage to a player that has been using Staff for his entire 50 level career,it is unrealistic.

Obviously i listed a lot of effort but that is what i got from FFXI and what i EXPECT from ALL developers,show me some effort so i can enjoy combat again because i will NOT get into any game that has me running errand quests for my entire gaming career.I want my FUN to be in my player and utilizing his various skills in combat.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Wish we could Alpha test Everquest Next and not this Minecraft version. Such a long wait with no info on when we will be able to test the game out.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    There is always the next roundtable on rock textures or colors of leaves to look forward to.   Hey, we are getting Holiday  Christmas lights!   Sounds like work is moving along  at breakneck speed!
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Flying in your claim has been a godsend for me!!!  Been waiting since alpha!