Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall up to #5 here now?!

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Edit: This was made for general discussions as it talks about the game list.  The admins moved it to the wrong forum since I was only talking about Darkfall Unholy Wars (Not Darkfall).

Finally one of the most unique MMO's out is going up the charts!  Not bad for a niche game made by a small team in Greece.

Before anyone comments much has changed:  the Darkfall you once knew (DF1.0) and the new thing it was turned into (DFUW) has been changed forever (it's what 1.0 should have been now!).  No more roles.  No more wobble.  No more DF1.0 grind.

Some videos:

http://youtu.be/yf05rHGfySY

http://youtu.be/RdCkJR71vJA

Some of my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYYBinZT4wnKWpC_jHAdfg

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I think MMORPG needs to do another article on UW that looks at the game with all of the changes.
  • Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Now that you brought attention to it it will fall faster than you can say free to play. :P
  • TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    Im guessing it has to do with the $5 deal on Steam. I think it also went to $3 which is when I got it. I only played it for a short time though, I didnt enjoy the controls and im a huge stickler about controls. 
  • ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Greymantle4
    Now that you brought attention to it it will fall faster than you can say free to play. :P

The rating skyrocketed when the big "custom role" patch was introduced.  The game is now what it should have been so that has made a lot of people happy.  Sure its not a game for everyone (its full loot and FPS) but if you make it outside the "safe" area that's it.  You will never find a better game ever even if you try (and I know I have tried myself!).

For me only Shadowbane 2 could beat Darkfall.  That will never happen since Shadowbane died.

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Combat looks a tad clunky but overall the game looks kind of cool...   I would consider checking it out if I didn't just get super into Wildstar.  I may check it out in the future though.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Spankster77

Combat looks a tad clunky but overall the game looks kind of cool...   I would consider checking it out if I didn't just get super into Wildstar.  I may check it out in the future though.

combat in darkfall was the most enjoyable I had ever experienced in an MMO.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I think MMORPG needs to do another article on UW that looks at the game with all of the changes.

They would have to learn what game is what first.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

If they brought back Darkfall 1 i would not think 1 second to play it again, but in the state it was first 6 months after launch.

Also if no afk macro cheaters exploiters and hackers was posible which ruined DFO, because of this we get crap like DUW:(

I would not in a million years play DUW a dumb down version, no thanks.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

soon you will be able to play df1.. have patience..

some people making emulator.. 

This discussion has been closed.