Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: Provisioning Revamp: More Logical, Less Redundant

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With Thanksgiving here in the US this week, it is probably a good time to talk about food. Namely, the long-awaited Provisioning overhaul that is set to arrive in update 6 of The Elder Scrolls Online. The changes to crafting in the game continue, but Provisioning will not just intend to increase immersion in the game world, but help players with management as well.

Read more of Christina Gonzalez's Elder Scrolls Online: Provisioning Revamp: More Logical, Less Redundant.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Any hint on when 6 deploys? Middle of December? That would be the 4-6 weeks time frame, at least
  • ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Looking forward to the provisioner changes.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"See some meat hanging around while visiting your local neighborhood Bosmer friends? Go loot it for your recipes." image

Bosmer Lore -

The Green Pact, also known as the Treaty of Frond and Leaf, is a strict code upheld by many of the Bosmer of Valenwood. It is said to have guided their existence since the beginning of the "great story". Its rules are clear. Do not harm the forests of Valenwood. Do not eat anything made from plant life. Eat only meat. When enemies are conquered, their meat must be eaten, not left to rot. Do not kill wastefully. Do not take on the shape of beasts.

Green Pact Bosmer attack any who would harm the forest in which they live, which they call the Green. The cannibalistic "Meat Mandate" of the Pact sets them apart religiously from other cultures. The requirement to eat fallen enemies before three days pass is perhaps the most shocking part of the Pact to outsiders. Though many Bosmer still try to respect the Green Pact, the practice of eating dead enemies diminished by the Second Era, and is typically only practiced in the most remote villages. The family members of the warrior who slaughtered the enemy may help him with his meal. Bosmer who honor this facet of the Green Pact typically attempt to prepare themselves before large battles by fasting.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

Would be nice if they could add specialized npc vendors here and there (where they make sense), like a farmer who sells fruits, veggies, eggs,etc.,  or a butcher who sells different sorts of meat... 

Granted most of the goods could still be found in the wild (fruits, animal meat, fish,etc.) but it would be nice to have the option to not have to be a thief (or buy from one..) once the justice system is in place.

(For sure, not all goods should be available to be bought that way. Rarest mats should probably come from outside of towns, from loot, etc. so they can be collected/sold by explorers and adventurers.)

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

"In fact, the team aims to reduce inventory demand for Provisioning by about ?."

I don't think "?" is a number.

• Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I can't wait for Update 6 and all the stuff it will bring, especially Champion System and Imperial City :D
  • This is going to add a lot more immersion actually. Update 6 is gonna be a good one!

(Please dont mess this up zeni...)

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Even though I solo'd a lot, the game's terrible grouping systems finally drove me away.  Two thirds of the time, I couldn't realistically group with my friends when I wanted to.   Any word on adjustments or fixes to that?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Arglebargle
    Even though I solo'd a lot, the game's terrible grouping systems finally drove me away.  Two thirds of the time, I couldn't realistically group with my friends when I wanted to.   Any word on adjustments or fixes to that?

Check the official forums. I havent seen a thread on that in atleast 5 months.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SethalosSethalos Member UncommonPosts: 12

Was so excited for the game, bought the Limited Edition, jumped in...and was immediately underwhelmed by everything the game had to offer.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

This game has a  L O T  bigger fish to fry than provisioning.

• JackCracker411JackCracker411 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Sethalos

Was so excited for the game, bought the Limited Edition, jumped in...and was immediately underwhelmed by everything the game had to offer.

Quite a bit has changed since the last time you played back in early May.  But if you didn't like the chore mechanics of the game.. then probably still won't like it.  The story and ES feel got me hooked.  I've taken a break as of late.. hopping on occasionally to level my crafting as my RL schedule permits.. but looking forward to the next few releases.  

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

So, provisioning drops are now based on what is being looted in the game?  Yeah, it's more logical, but...color me underwhelmed.  People make it seem like it's a complete overhaul of the old system.  

This article could have been reduced to a single paragraph of info.  That's how much actually changed.  

Yawn...Zenimax.  Yawn.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Zeni will probably make a push to get Christmas sales so the next update might probably be around then.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
    really this is  too  little  too late  ...

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    dramatic effect requires 4 dots thus ....

I like the change, it shows an eye for detail and respect for its virtual world - something we jab not seen In a MMO for years. Don't forget this isn't comming on its own, we have the justice system and the champions system.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i finished the Ebonheart pact storyline then unsubbed. I feel i beat the game already and anything else is just side stuff. I'll wait for update 6 to finish with my Aldmeri storyline and then the Daggers to see how the story plays out from all three perspectives.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I hope they are not spending too much time on this at Zenimax. Provisioning is not exactly something players are crying out for changes in. But good to see anything getting the once over to see its up to scratch.
  • ShavaKaShavaKa Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Now get rid of the mega server and shared quests.
  • TulerezzerTulerezzer Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Agree with many others. Underwhelmed.  Not even considering coming back to this game until the Champion system goes in and has a month to get the bugs they don't fix on test worked out.
  • boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161

I enjoyed provisioning on the way up to 50 and always had a buff going while questing. Been missing that since working through the veteran content as the ingredient drops match the non-vet level of the zone, so I hope that is fixed.

The reduction in bag space and redundant recipe removal are welcome changes and the latter will save me a lot of gold on the guild markets.

Will definitely start cooking again once update 6 goes live.